[S] Epic Heraldry Mod for Warband

Do you want this to be a standalone mod or a Native-compatible minimod?

• Standalone mod

Votes: 121 21.0%
  • Native-compatible minimod

Votes: 384 66.8%
  • Don't care

Votes: 70 12.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sir Ownzor

Recruit
Greetings.

This aim of this mod is to make every faction unit very easily identifiable in battle. All faction soldiers will wear clothes and armor that displays the respective banners (or just their main colors) of their lords.

Current version is 0.72. Mod is still in WIP state but playable. This mod has only been tested on M&B Warband v1.113.

This was made using the Warband 1.113 Module System, Fire Arrow 0.74 Source Code and Morgh's Warband Mod Tools.

Proceed to my next thread posts for the screenshots.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This mod will only work properly if you set anti-aliasing to off. I am still trying to figure out how to fix this.

DOWNLOAD HERE (v0.72):
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1951

Instructions:

-Extract to Mount&Blade Warband\Modules folder.

That's it! Play!

-----

NEXT TO DO:
-Make all lords wear heraldic armor
-Add in some helmets from thick1988's OSP items
-Add in a few horses from wanderer949's horse packs
-Implement MarkQuinn's Better Banners mod
-Put in field banners from Fire Arrow mod

WHAT THIS MOD NEEDS:
-A better name!
-More heraldic armor, especially tunics, gambesons, and the Sarranid Mail Shirt
-Heraldic horses
-Someone who can tell me how to fix the flaws in this mod (especially some heraldic clothing appear transparent if anti-aliasing is on)
-Your comments and suggestions! Feel free to post them here!

If you are willing to contribute anything such as new items or whatever, notify me by PM or by posting here.

-----

VERSION HISTORY

-First release.

-Soldiers don't all wear heraldic mail armor anymore.
-Added in some heraldic armor and clothing from Fire Arrow mod. Credits to rucchi.
-Tweaked the faction troops' inventories to include the new heraldic items.

I love this! I hate to have the identifying circles above the head of each soldier, but not having them has resulted in some inconvenient friendly fire. This will make my life much easier.

If I understood it correctly he has given every unit a heraldic armour, but he tweaked the stats to fit the original armour of the individual troop.

Surely not a bad idea but i think one of the most fashinating sides of medieval times is the variety of combat dresses and weapons altogether. And heraldry variety as well for mounted nobles and so on...

Maybe you should think about making armour/dress patches with heraldry.
Like you can see here, on the left for the Scottish:

LtpLegend said:
im sorry but did you just give every unit in the game heraldic mail armor?

KuroiNekouPL said:
umm... A heraldic mail with stats of shirt? No thanks... :roll:

Don't worry, future releases will include more heraldic clothing including gambesons and shirts.

KuroiNekouPL said:
umm... A heraldic mail with stats of shirt? No thanks... :roll:

it's only the heraldic mail that replaces the shirt that has those stats
it isn't about changing the armour values for the troops, it's about making them easy to identify in battle

New version (0.72) released. Tell me which heraldic items should be removed and I will remove them in the next release.

VERY IMPORTANT: v0.72 should be played with anti-aliasing set to OFF, otherwise some of the new items will appear transparent. If anyone can tell me what causes this and how to fix this, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Screenshots from v0.72. I apologize for the late post.

Click on the Spoilers to view.

4684758135_35f86bef9a_b.jpg
4684759957_f634937059_b.jpg
4685395476_b7f50c3ce3_b.jpg

Very nice mod, but I think that covering leather armor with banner texture is a tad overkill.

I think you should replace the peasant clothing (3rd screenshot) to a normal tunic (like in arena) with the banner - these clothes look weird.

I voted for the minimod, because it makes more sense for me - it could be then implemented easier to other mods, by the maker or the player himself. I prefer all the graphical overhauls separated from the game changing features, because I like to be able to play my games without some 'balance' issues the modmaker deems necessary and I don't agree with.

Back
Top Bottom