[S] El Arte de la Guerra [V1.75]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Great mod! Great work! Thank you!  :grin:

2. Shield Bash Bug: Shield Bash works fine, but you can´t feint with 1h and 1h/2h (bastard swords/morningstar) when a shield is equipped or  the shield is on back, because the shield bash animation interrupts the feint!  Didn´t tested it with 2h weapons and a shield on back...
Solution: Don´t use the block+attack keys to trigger the shield bash, use instead the "alt"+"attack" or "right cntrl"+"attack"

3. Norman Shields and some others (itm: 629-644) don´t have the shield bash trigger
(-50.000000  3 2071 1 1224979098644774912 2072 1 1224979098644774913 1 4 936748722493063580 1729382256910270473 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913) ...

WOW this is a wonderful mod.

I just wanted to say that using shield bash... you can kill anyone whether your in a tavern, village, walking around town, or anywhere you can have a shield.  Its kinda cool going around and bashing ppl.  :mrgreen:

The bandit quest is not hard if you ask me. I did it with about 130 troops. Just run towards them, when they starts to follow you some will run faster than the others, so they will get seperated. by doing that you can have fights against 300 at a time. Also i found out that having loads of archers does the trick. Im using the custom troops, and all my troops have bows hehe. Even the knights. So most of them are dead or flees before they even get close.

But i think i found a bug with the shield bash. I did some turnaments for the cash and got shield bashed by a rodock heavy sergent. Thats ok since he has a shield. But during the whole fight he was using a polearm and the shield was on his back.

Also i cant seem to rename my custom troops. And the hp of the custom troops especially the knights are way lower than the swadian knights etc.

Interesting mod.

So far it seems really fun but I'm running into some issues with foxymans formations. Basically after I assign the battle groups they don't fallow orders or are selectable for that matter. Also  at one point I stop getting massages on the lower left corner of the screen, but I think this is native issue since I seen it on other mods. The formations and commands offer in this mod seem to allow a lot of control over your troops but i cant figure out how to use them.

I may doing something wrong?

Foxyman's seems to be extremely buggy.
This was noted next to the download link.

Try Moto's. It's a more simple formations mod anyway.

Well the note said maybe  :???:  and every other command works except actually grouping your units into separated formations so I though I was doing something wrong. I try moto's and that's worse. Not only does the formation commands not work but my units act weird and don't fallow the "hold position" order.

I did a clean installment of the mod before adding Moto's and started a new game just to make sure. Any ideas what it could be.

Hello!
Thank you for your interest in the mod!
I have read all your comments and bug reports.
All of them will be fixed in next version. The next version will have a new version of Warband.

The form ranks by foxyman have bugs. Not many and not too problematic.

The shield bash. Will be fixed for next version.
Tomorrow or maybe in a couple of days I show you how to fix it easily.
(Is a line at the end of scripts.txt)

Also fix the problem of change of name for the custom Troops.

Thanks again for trying the mod.
Any suggestions, complaints and other things. Be welcome.

Cool thx for fixing shield bash. I dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet but im gonna. I found annother bug with shield bash. Your units can if they get hit by annother shield bash go into shield bash frenzy, kinda funny buf also really annoying. I had a master huscarl who first killed 4 of my archers than ran though me and killed me aswell. It seems like the unit gets stuck in shield bash mode and then when they run through archers or other untis they actaully shield bash them. And yes your units actually die from this. I run 80 archers and 100 veterans/huscarls atm. The last fight i had before i whent to bed was a city siege, 1 of my master huscarls killed about 25 friendly units and the same thing happend to mine hehe.

So either fix this or remove the shield bash completely, the bigger the army you have the more often you see this happening. Especially as nord. Rhodock sergents does it with the shield on the back wich makes them insane btw hehe. Wielding a 2hander and shield bash if they get close=win. But not intentional i bet.

Sorry for any gramma screwups, im danish :wink:

Thx kreakor.

Oh I know what U talking about...But I've found it even usefull. Because of the bash-bug I have win the imposible to win castle defence:grin: 300 vs 2000 (-/+).
But I must agree - good that You can or even WE can fix this(thx to You of coz).

Anyway...I very happy for the scale of the troops, battle scale because of that...woah...with battle sizer? Shish :shock: simply epic and more realistic( than heroic wars of couple of lords with max 300...all of them). But because of that some points of gameplay are totally closed...like start your own kongdom:grin: Very funny - gathering troops for besiedge a something>>good, weeeheee! I did it! Its mine, mine alone...my treasssssurheeee... and then the judge day come with 2-3 tousands of angry earlier castle keepers...*gulp* - what I'm trying to say its pretty exausting...
Its good but not for long. MAybe a little a very subtle change can be done?:smile:

Cheers!
(Because of You and Your work i've played this mod 36h with breaks only for toilets and quick eat;p :twisted: )
....buahah....gbuahaahgahahaahahhhh...buahgahgabababahagabahaahhahahahhahhahahahah!!! *totally flied away*

EDIT: Oh and a sugestion - make the date fruits edible too:wink:

I tried this mod and must say that I like it, however there are some issues that I would like explained.

Why do other troops have this huge amount of HP, I find it a bit unfair to the early player, also I noticed that armour doesn't really make a huge difference. A spearman can still easily kill you, even if you have armour and are in close proximity. IMO vanilla M&B had a better (if somewhat too easy) balance for this.

Also, though I have just started a new game, do you have any possibility to come even near the amount of troops that some lords have. Like having 500+ troops in one army?

I must admit I agree with the last few posts, though the battles are epic early on, very soon it becomes evident that to build your own kingdom would be very very hard. As a vassal I won Narra and was given it by the King, but though I had 450 plus in the Town, and 250 of my own, 2700 came and swamped me, this is day 78, (I had imported a super character from 171). Several Kings have more than 1500 troops, and many Lords 500 plus.
The increase in armour strength, plus the weakening of swords has made battles longer. This plus the increase in army size means if I get killed I can go away and have a meal while they fight it out without me  :wink:

If you could post a script change that would make the armies smaller, I for one would be a happy man.
Your mod/merge is the best I have played, many great changes, many thanks for sharing it with us  :grin:

Hola Leandro  :razz:

Asumo que hablas español XD

Te felicito, te has hecho un trabajo excelente

Un Saludo !

Lover Out...

Sergeant Yozzer has right - many beautifull changes You've done. Thank You one more time because You menage to do the game more epic ever. :smile:

MAybe ther is a option to optimalize this issue of to great armies...but I must admit - I dont want to change their numbers.

We must remember that is We who start the game from beginning, the lords with their kings(even bandits) just were there before us...long before us.

So maybe there is something to subtle change...hmm, maybe the cost of troops(?) Or some optional blocade of max units...
Oh! And the time to re-recruit troops...something to change there. So ...even if i manage to take a city, beat them up the time of their counter wave may last longer.
Or when We win with a lord on world field and we dont catch him the time of his retunrs to full strange or even the return itself may take a bit longer.
For now we happy for win for few second and there he is...the beaten lord returns with even bigger army.

Also ive noticed that when we sent a spy( I sent Bunduk to rhodoks)and he's not manage his quest and been captured, I've go to jelkala and free him from the prison and already have him in my troops but...still he remains in the city prison on info on world map.

And - please, tell me how to name custom troops?  I've go to their troops tree in raports- right? Ok, I was there and the custom troops are were changed places with ...

err...*checked the raports*- in other words : In Raports menu appears:

(...) Merceneries are not merceneries but outlaws
Outlaws are custom troops
Custom troops are: Peasants, refugees and head hunters
And the calradian empire troops are: townsmen and farmers, witch their last upgrades should be the merieneries because they are: mercenary cavalery and the hired blades.

Besides those custom troops in outlaws card have free spots to change theirs names but even if i change their names they still were pikemens, recruits etc etc after all.

hmm, maybe this heve something to do with this: I've changed their equipment first then i'd go to change their names(?) I dunno...

Since my last post nothing changes :grin: I'm still dont turn of the game :grin: What have You done to Me(??!!)  :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Over and out*bzzzzt*

EDIT: I have a sugestion thou we could now treat companions with hanging - it would be great to treat our lords with something when they refuse to do what we ask.

When we notice for example enemy troops near our lord fief and we go to him and ask(in the castle and on field too) to menage a patrol there, so he get his ass and go get them even if he have some more important things to do.
you know what I mean... :smile:
EDIT2: Oh... :oops: ive jsut read Your answer above  :oops: so - the custom troops will be fixed, heheh....sorry then for mention it:wink:

Just sieged Dhirim, from this mod in the Floris Mod Pack.

I have 2 conclusions at this siege.
1) Battle continuation needs a key (say 'esc') to retreat, just like regular dying does.
2) There is a spawning area which cannot be reached easily, and not at all if units drop.

Global location@ Dhirim
mb2uj.jpg

Sweet spot
mb3k.jpg

Mno said:
Just sieged Dhirim, from this mod in the Floris Mod Pack.

I have 2 conclusions at this siege.
1) Battle continuation needs a key (say 'esc') to retreat, just like regular dying does.
2) There is a spawning area which cannot be reached easily, and not at all if units drop.

Global location@ Dhirim
mb2uj.jpg

Sweet spot
mb3k.jpg

This was also a problem in the previous release. I did manage to kill them by jumping through the nearest tower where the two walls join. You need to take a short run, then land on the walkway of the outside wall, then walk along and shoot them. A bit like a puzzle  :smile:  There are a few difficult places in other Towns/castles where the invaders get stuck, so you need to keep alive so as to give them orders to position them again, I think a fix has been done in this release for some of them, not got that far yet  :wink:

Yozzer said:
This was also a problem in the previous release. I did manage to kill them by jumping through the nearest tower where the two walls join. You need to take a short run, then land on the walkway of the outside wall, then walk along and shoot them. A bit like a puzzle  :smile:  There are a few difficult places in other Towns where the invaders gert stuck, so you need to keep alive so as to give them orders to position them again, I think a fix has been done in this release for some of them, not got that far yet  :wink:

I died... ^^
So I had too enable cheats to knock them out :sad:
Just 2 guys, vs over 1000 troops... and the battle got stuck xD

Gonna keep the Floris mod pack creator updated about town fixes :razz:

Thanks for the fast reply :smile:

@MNO
I did not realise the buildings were with Floris pack creator, I will have a look where that is and keep a record of problems with Towns/castles  to report :smile:

Yozzer said:
@MNO
I did not realise the buildings were with Floris pack creator, I will have a look where that is and keep a record of problems with Towns/castles  to report :smile:

Kudos for the fast responses!
Found this mod in his credits list, and ended up finding Dhirim changed here. So just reporting it.
I've pm'ed Monnikje about this. He will probably check here occasionally for fixes/feedback.

P.S. Great town/castle's so far :smile:

Dude, you are one skilled hombre. I started playing this game again mainly due to this mod. Major kudos into your general direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom