[S] Diplomacy (old discussion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
should be possible to use the save games from native. haven't tried though.

create the folder:
C:\Users\{your username}\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames\Diplomacy_v1.0beta

and copy your native savegames to this folder.

btw, the costs for making peace might still be quite high if the other faction doesn't like you at all (see screenshot). however, it should be feasible if the other faction isn't too mad at you.

give me feedback, plz.

i got an idea
can u make an option that
says i wanna make alliance, and if they accept
you got 50 relationship with faction and a truce(wich will mean they wont declare war on you for lets say 50 days)
if ur faction has 50 relationship, friendly lord will help ur lords in battle
wich could be very usefull

and btw
i love to see someone working on the diplomatic system

edit: forgot to say
ofcours if u have an alliance you can ask a faction to join your war, and try to get em with money

I have wanted something like this in M&B for so long!  I'm going to download and try it out now.

(EDIT:

Testing went: GREAT!

Bugs: None I could find.

Room for improvement: You asked for idea's and I got one.

OK, lets say you capture King Harlus, and offer peace to swadia. When your companion returns they offer you a discounted rate, even if they hate your guts, if you give them back their king or any other high ranking noble(s) you may have.
)

Some more ideas for kingdom expansion:
Military Bound Alliances
Bribery (To Lords)
Judgement (Something creative; Up to you. has to do with caught prisoners currently residing in the capital city.)
Great Feast (Again choice at capital to -greatly- increase -all- morale of -all- troops and loyalty boost for your lords who come)
Call To Arms (Spawns random amount of novice/recruit troops in your capital coresponding to your current controlled villiages and towns)

I'll add more later.

Tuckles said:
Would you be willing to release this as open-source in the future?

Basically it is open source since you can find the added code in the zip file, too. If you like I can also add the whole source code (not just the changes).

Farrcus said:
OK, lets say you capture King Harlus, and offer peace to swadia. When your companion returns they offer you a discounted rate, even if they hate your guts, if you give them back their king or any other high ranking noble(s) you may have.

I like this idea. Of couse you will also have to take your own lords into account if they are in prison.

Oh okay. Sorry. Didn't download, cause I haven't been playing Warband. I'd check it out, but I'll wait for it to be incorporated into other mods first (Native Rhodoks just piss me off >:U).

Nice mod+ Source code included=You're the best.

For the suggestion part, more meaningful marriages would be great especially crosskingdom ones.

Waihti said:
Farrcus said:

I like this idea. Of couse you will also have to take your own lords into account if they are in prison.

Of course.  Can't make it too easy, especially if one of your own men is captured.

More idea's below​

List of ideas:

1. The ability to hire spies to go to a city of your choice, gaining easy information on the enemies next move, like what castle or city they are planning to attack even before they head out. You can also put in where all the enemies army's are, like what castle they are staying at or which settlement they are nearest too. Never hurts to be prepared, and have a strategic advantage over an enemy who was trying to sneak around the back. You would get weekly reports from the spy, or in a case of emergences, like change of plans, they would notify you sooner.

2. The ability to hurt trade routes without having to hunt them down yourself. For example: You hire local bandits to attack only enemy trade caravans. Disrupting their flow of goods making the kings and nobles hurt in the pockets, which will make them think twice before starting a full on campaign. However, if they get caught by the enemy, and talk, it will only spell bad news for you. For instance peace prices will skyrocket, they will ask for more than one castle and more than one noble (assuming you have more than one castle and noble.), and maybe some other form of retribution may be required.

More to come later

*Getting ready for a Mother's day / Birthday party*

Sorry if the ideas seem a little rushed, thats because they were.

These are some suggestions i gave the devs way back in pre-open beta days (I think around v.600) as you can probably tell, most of them weren't implemented, however, feel free to do as you wish with my ideas  :smile:

bgfan said:
Well after a while playing singleplayer Warband, one thing has stuck out in my head: Despite having a "marriage" and "Diplomatic" system for those with there own kingdom, there is very little political depth. Take marriage for example, as it is all you can do is marry and have your husband/wife sit there; it makes no major gameplay difference to get married. It was common for Lords to give some of their lands to their daughters grooms back in the period this seems to be set, yet they give you nothing. Death is also a major issue, many players prefer it when Lords, and even the player, can either be slain in battle or executed if captured; now I'm not saying make it so that everytime somebody is knocked out they die, determine the chances of death by both the companions + players surgery skills, and the amount of luck the player has remaining. When the player falls dead in battle there could be some kind of cutscene of the funeral, and then a screen where it tells of your accomplishments, and how people remember the player. If executed, instead of a funeral, maybe see the players head on a pike, and then have the screen pop up and tell all that stuff I mentioned before. If a the lord who is the father of the player's spouse dies, then the player and his spouse would receive a portion of his land, depending on A) how many offspring the lord had; and B) How good of friends the Lord and the Player were. Maybe an option to "try for a child" would be a good thing to add as well, and if successful, an heir would be born, who after your death, will receive all lands and titles, and could possibly be taken control of by the player. The player could also marry off sons/daughters to other lords/ladies, and relinquish any possible control over them, making them npc lords/ladies in their faction, and paying the player an amount of cash that depends on the territory owned, and renown of the player.

I feel a few changes to Diplomacy could be made to enhance the game also. As it is your only options are to send emissaries for peace, and to declare somebody a traitor. The diplomatic system would be much more effective if options such as "Declare Trade Embargo, Declare War, Ask for Peace, Set up advanced trade routes to..., Send out carvans, Pay money into the economy, Assassinate [Lords Name], Send spies to [City/ Lord's name], Train/recruit Spies, & Train/recruit Soldiers" a few more building options would be nice, as well such as " Build Barracks, Renovate Castle/ Lords Hall (have 3 levels of renovation, and each one makes it bigger, and increases renown) Build New Tavern, Build church, Expand Farmlands, Build Merchant's Guild, Build Assassin's Guild (they could be spies, as well), Build Armory(store weapons), build  Fletcher's/Weaponsmith/Blacksmith (Produces weapons & armor; This would make it so that in order to recruit troops into the barracks, you would require to have enough equipment; this could be the system of limiting recruits in towns/castles), & build mercenary's Guild". The use of the Assassin is my favorite, because an untimely ending to the life of your spouse's father could be arranged if you want his lands :twisted:

Well that's all I have, any feedback on these idea's would be appreciated.  :razz:

hi, i think you should allow your wife to help with diplomatic affairs through family aswell. and also persuade her families to join your faction if say you "took" their castle from them like holding someone for ransom.

Waihti - you just launched a much appreciated and even more needed mod!
Finally someone is getting more depth into the political system!

Thank you!  :grin:
Looking forward to future updates!

I completely agree that the wives should be of more (political) use, too.
Wish I had any more specific ideas, sorry.  :oops:
At least the very dull dialogue interaction with those ladies could use some polishing and/or variety...

1.1beta was just released.

I am currently thinking about possibilities to add more depth to the marriage stuff since many of you mentioned it.
In addition I have to look into the code and check if it's possible to implement things like a trade embargo or trade alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom