[S] Diplomacy & Conquest beta

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen a mod like that tried before. It doesn't turn out too pretty. The problem with mashing so many factions onto the map at once is all of the variables that take place at any given time. For something like that to work you'd need to have a type of alliance/war system put in place for players as well as the other factions. I believe the Diplomacy mod people are currently working on something of that nature. With that implementation then it may be possible to pull off. As for a new map though, the problem with that is the same problem that has always plagued map makers in Mount&Blade. The map's size is hardcoded. You can't make it any bigger or smaller, so you have a very limited amount of room to work with. It might look big now with only 6 factions on the map and you might say things like, "well theres plenty of open space here to put stuff" Yes in some cases that is true, however you can only do that so many times before it all becomes one big cluster****.

In any event, map making was the other section I planned on going into with the quest coding I'm currently learning. I'm somewhat hesitant because of the limitations of it, but i'll take a look at it and decide for sure. If I choose to go into it, I'll work on a map for you. I'll just need to know how many Towns/Villages/Castles you plan on having. If you implement the Watch Tower and Fort options from other mods, those could be placed on there as well. However those would need new scenes made with them for battles and visiting.

Kinsume said:
I've seen a mod like that tried before. It doesn't turn out too pretty. The problem with mashing so many factions onto the map at once is all of the variables that take place at any given time. For something like that to work you'd need to have a type of alliance/war system put in place for players as well as the other factions. I believe the Diplomacy mod people are currently working on something of that nature. With that implementation then it may be possible to pull off. As for a new map though, the problem with that is the same problem that has always plagued map makers in Mount&Blade. The map's size is hardcoded. You can't make it any bigger or smaller, so you have a very limited amount of room to work with. It might look big now with only 6 factions on the map and you might say things like, "well theres plenty of open space here to put stuff" Yes in some cases that is true, however you can only do that so many times before it all becomes one big cluster****.

In any event, map making was the other section I planned on going into with the quest coding I'm currently learning. I'm somewhat hesitant because of the limitations of it, but i'll take a look at it and decide for sure. If I choose to go into it, I'll work on a map for you. I'll just need to know how many Towns/Villages/Castles you plan on having. If you implement the Watch Tower and Fort options from other mods, those could be placed on there as well. However those would need new scenes made with them for battles and visiting.

I know as with the Calradia Divided - a Warband+ Mod
i have also put this on hold to work on Diplomacy & Conquest beta - Warband  , mainly becasue there is so much work and i fear i would have to start from scratch...

SO Diplomacy & Conquest beta - Warband    i am just concentrating on this mod for now so any help is apreciated

In all honesty if you're going to start up your own mod, you should do just that and start from scratch with everything you want to put in it planned out ahead of time. Building off someone else's partially started mod is rarely a good idea since most coders have their own way of coding things so it might lead to some confusion for you down the road when something you code one way gets mixed up with his.

arcadiazone said:
Kinsume said:

I know as with the Calradia Divided - a Warband+ Mod
i have also put this on hold to work on Diplomacy & Conquest beta - Warband  , mainly becasue there is so much work and i fear i would have to start from scratch...

SO Diplomacy & Conquest beta - Warband    i am just concentrating on this mod for now so any help is apreciated

Yeah, I'd definitely support your decision just to focus on this mod, its already really good, and its going in a great direction.

IN Next Update:

working on next update: V1.14

Scaling back weapons stats

Implementing Diplomacy v1.11.1beta

changing troops stats and changing uniforms and weapons

Hoping to change siege mode to include more ladders

More to follow!!

I'm taking a look at your update now. You still give far too many arrows per quiver man. I'm sorry but if you're shooting 200 arrows in 1 battle then you flat out suck and should consider going to melee weapons. They would be 60 to 80 arrows top, if even that much. The throwing stuff is about right amount wise now.

Another thing I changed was with the prisoner management, I made it 10 per level instead of 5. Then with village troop recruitment there was no bonus for having relations over 6 so I made the value for high relations (over 6) 0-20 troops that can be recruited.

The Imperial Bow nerf was good, 22 damage isn't too high for a bow compared to some, but with that attack speed on it that will work. Also with how it isn't completely unbalanced it can actually be put into some troop trees. Perhaps the upper tier Vegir archer troops.

Armor on the other hand needs to be fixed values wise. There are set values that work in almost all of the mods that you don't want to go over simply because it becomes over powered. For Helmets the max value should be 50 tops, for body armors it's 55 body and 20 legs, for boots it's 30 leg. When you start going into the 60's it gets near impossible to kill them. Take my last playthrough for example when I was the swadians. I had 14 bodyguards, 10 knights and 30 man at arms and was killing armies of 200+ units because they could hardly hurt my troops.

You mentioned doing a remake of the troops. I don't really have the time to check through them currently, but the ones that were overpowered before were blatantly obvious. However with a fix of the item's values that should in turn fix the troops being overpowered as well.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,109.0.html

This is the mod you need to wait to get ported.

Edit : For the map and other stuff I mentioned.

It hasn't been released yet. I was testing it for him. With the lastest module not out yet he needs to wait to repatch his mod. Currently there are alot of bugs with the movement on the main map and such.

Great mod, it's intergrated into 1257 however id like some improvements:

+Ministers have same options as companion ministers
+Option to make a vassal a companion
+Option to make a unit a companion/vassel/Merc
+Merc warbands that you can control (Send them off to patrol, do tasks, give them names, etc)

It very much annoys me that you cannot bring new companions/heros into the world from units and the like. Ive seen m and b mods do this, so hopefully this stuff gets intergrated.

Keep up the good work!

I have a problem: game crashes always after character creation just before the bandit fight, I noticed that some people fixed this by running the game in compability mode set to sp 3 xp, BUT that is the problem my system is vista 32 bit and it doesn't have the sp 3 in it nor can I get one, so if anyone know other fixes I would truly appreciate the help.  :smile:

what is up with plate armor in this mod?  Its about 10 times the cost as other armor and is in general worse than the surcoat or coat of plate stuff.

I'm fairly sure that he has stopped working on the mod all together. Haven't heard anything in quite some time. The latest version is for 1.24 if you want to play it.

Back
Top Bottom