(S) Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod (Old Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Redleg, I was reading some earlier posts and wanted to ask: Did you add the KAOS Political KIT or not?

If not, then it would be worth it to try to add at least these two features:

Claimants rebel
Factions can suffer from civil war

I heard that the code is messy in there though, so not sure what do you think about it. If you didn't add it in you probably had a reason to remove it.

mokrygorky said:
Hi Redleg, I was reading some earlier posts and wanted to ask: Did you add the KAOS Political KIT or not?

If not, then it would be worth it to try to add at least these two features:

Claimants rebel
Factions can suffer from civil war

I heard that the code is messy in there though, so not sure what do you think about it. If you didn't add it in you probably had a reason to remove it.

I tried to add KAOS political kit some time ago but had numerous opcode errors that I wasn't able to resolve.  Part of the problem stemmed from having more than 6 factions and others came from issues between KAOS and Diplomacy.

I do like the ideas of claimants rebellion and civil wars and have seen some code posted in OSP codes but haven't really had time to delve into them very deeply.  That would have to wait for a later version.

I have moved back the expected release date to Wednesday September 20.  I am going out of town for a few days and had some things to take care of for work so I didn't have time to release today as planned. 

I appreciate your patience as I have promised this as early as July 2017 and kept adding and tweaking things and not releasing.  Now I'm done adding and tweaking and just need to complete the change list and credits.

I have finally decided to call this forthcoming version ver. 2.5 rather than ver. 2.1 as originally intended.  You will find ver. 2.5 to be a major upgrade over the last version (2.01). 

At any rate, I am still releasing well before Bannerlord so you will have plenty of time to play the mod while you are waiting for Bannerlord to come out!

Edgar Allan Poe said:
:smile:
Don't worry, even more things are better!

That's why you and I will never be finished with our mods!

I have been messing around with the scene editor and will likely create a few new castle scenes for the Khergiz for version 3 or whatever but not for 2.5.

I know, I sent a test version to my testers and already changed about 10% without them having tested the previous one.  :facepalm:
And nice! I am glad that new content is added. You're great!

Don't worry, your new addition will only make matters worse, I already have ideas for what to do next and I still haven't finished what I started for your 5.2 version, haha

I guess I know what I will be doing next Wednesday, thank you so much Redleg! I'm actually very happy for the delay for completely selfish reasons. I live in Florida, US and just got my internet back from Hurricane Irma, so if you had released it I would've missed it, and the delay only means more stuff got added, which is a win/win for me.

Thanks for your hard work and for keeping us posted

Nate884 said:
Don't worry, your new addition will only make matters worse, I already have ideas for what to do next and I still haven't finished what I started for your 5.2 version, haha

I guess I know what I will be doing next Wednesday, thank you so much Redleg! I'm actually very happy for the delay for completely selfish reasons. I live in Florida, US and just got my internet back from Hurricane Irma, so if you had released it I would've missed it, and the delay only means more stuff got added, which is a win/win for me.

Thanks for your hard work and for keeping us posted

I hope all is well after the hurricane.

I have posted a troop tree preview of ver. 2.5 over at ModDB.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/redleg99/videos/version-25-troop-preview

Sarin said:
Great. Now, just a (hopefully little) while until it becomes uploaded on some ModDB mirrors so I can actually download it.

It is taking a while to become available.  I received a confirmation from ModDB that it had been approved.  Perhaps it will be available tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy it!

Redleg said:
Sarin said:
Great. Now, just a (hopefully little) while until it becomes uploaded on some ModDB mirrors so I can actually download it.

It is taking a while to become available.  I received a confirmation from ModDB that it had been approved.  Perhaps it will be available tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy it!

Hopefully sooner. Due to work/school schedule mismatch, I have to pull all-nighter way into the afternoon...was hoping that it'll help me stay awake for few more hours (right now it's 6.30 AM, need to stay awake until ~16.00 so I will get up in time for helova long Wednesday).

One of the things I am considering for the next version after v. 2.5 is to further reduce the armors for the troops to fit into a more late-dark ages period.  I have done some of this already in that the common troops don't have metal armor (e.g., mail, lamellar, scale) until they are level 20 and 25 and archers have lighter armor than footmen.

The Professional Troops have mail or scale or lamellar at the lower tiers, mail with some covering such as tunic or leather at mid tiers, and mail combined with some other metal at the highest tiers (level 30 and elite), such as mail hauberk and lamellar vest.

My main concern is that this will make commoner troops even less advantageous to have compared to the more expensive and harder-to-get professional troops.

What thoughts do you players have on this?

Another thing I want to do is to create a script that allows the player to select their culture at game start.  That culture would then be activated upon the player becoming a king and would define their default troops.  I have tried a number of different ways to implement this within the mod but haven't been able to get it to work right.  I expect that the Diplomacy part of the mod is not compatible with my attempted changes.  If any of you have any insight into this, I would love to hear it.

Well, as for the troops not using metal armor, I did that to my mod, so I won;t say that it is a bad thing.  :razz:
Seriously, though, it is more realistic to see ~100 Dark age warriors with cloth or some sort of leather armor than to see the same amount with mail or lamellar. Metal was expensive(much like now) and I cannot see how someone closer to a peasant than a noble could afford a mail hauberk or such. Plus, leather.  :fruity:

As for the scripting thing, there is the KAOS political kit, which lets you begin as king, but I don't know if there would be a problem with Diplomacy. They both have huge script file changes, I would expect some of it(or much) to collide with each other. Still, that is just in theory.

The new version is amazing, btw! I haven't found a single bug(apart from the Outposts, but this is the kit's bug, well known by now) or anything, so clean and awesome!

Howard P. Lovecraft said:
Well, as for the troops not using metal armor, I did that to my mod, so I won;t say that it is a bad thing.  :razz:
Seriously, though, it is more realistic to see ~100 Dark age warriors with cloth or some sort of leather armor than to see the same amount with mail or lamellar. Metal was expensive(much like now) and I cannot see how someone closer to a peasant than a noble could afford a mail hauberk or such. Plus, leather.  :fruity:

As for the scripting thing, there is the KAOS political kit, which lets you begin as king, but I don't know if there would be a problem with Diplomacy. They both have huge script file changes, I would expect some of it(or much) to collide with each other. Still, that is just in theory.

The new version is amazing, btw! I haven't found a single bug(apart from the Outposts, but this is the kit's bug, well known by now) or anything, so clean and awesome!

Thank you for the support.  I had intended to disable outposts until I could fix it but forgot to do so in my hurry to release.  I hope you won't encounter any bugs, but if you do, please let me know either on this thread or through PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom