(S) Calradia 1050 A.D.: Mercenary Uprising mod (Old Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afyrius said:
Amazing mod! The only one I keep playing constantly. Great news! Hoping to play version 2.1. Inmense thanks mate.

I am glad you like it.  Version 2.1 will be out soon in early May.  The main changes from version 2.01 are the troop trees and a few other scripts, equipment, etc.  I might add-in bandit leaders and a few other things too when I get a chance to do so.

Redleg said:
I am glad you like it.  Version 2.1 will be out soon in early May.  The main changes from version 2.01 are the troop trees and a few other scripts, equipment, etc.  I might add-in bandit leaders and a few other things too when I get a chance to do so.

Any specific date we should expect v2.1 since it's already early May? =D

Any specific date we should expect v2.1 since it's already early May? =D

Let's say by May 19.  I will need some time to complete the changes and play-test them.  I am working on a few new codes, including one to allow the character to select during character creation his/her culture so that when the player does become king of his own faction, that culture will be the default (instead of the Swadian culture, which is default in Native with Diplomacy).  It's not an essential feature, as Diplomacy allows the player to change culture through one of the ministers.  I am also working on coding to expand the benefits of building a manor in owned villages.  I would like it to permit the recruitment of higher level troops this way, say tier 3 or 4 archers or the recruitment of special troops that would need to be created.

I am fairly happy with the state of version 2.1 work-in-progress right now and have been play-testing it for some time.  As it stands now, it is an improvement over version 2.01, especially in regards to the troop trees.  If I am able to include the new codes I discussed above, so much the better.

I am also considering doubling the amount of experience needed to upgrade troops.  I feel that the Native upgrade rate is too fast, especially for lower-level troops.  I would need to make some adjustment so the party templates so that the player's force would not always be over-powered by the AI forces.

Missing mesh "bb_oackeshott_type_14_L100" for item #1351 Long Broadsword
and "bb_oackeshott_type_14_L90" for #1331 Broadsword
and "pole_scale_1_mod_b" for Scale Vest and Mail, item #1590.
and another thing with #520 Long Awlpike, it's stats imply that it has "swing" attack with blunt damage, but actually it lacks flags for swing animations.
Also, most if not all Rhodok troops shields lacks textures some sort of mid-to-long range LODs, they're become visible in short range, can't say what items exactly, but it's pavise-looking on crossbowmen, round and, maybe, oval shields on other units.
mb4.jpg
2.01+2 patches.

Kulverstukass said:
Missing mesh "bb_oackeshott_type_14_L100" for item #1351 Long Broadsword
and "bb_oackeshott_type_14_L90" for #1331 Broadsword
and "pole_scale_1_mod_b" for Scale Vest and Mail, item #1590.
Also, most if not all Rhodok troops shields lacks textures some sort of mid-to-long range LODs, they're become visible in short range, can't say what items exactly, but it's pavise-looking on crossbowmen, round and, maybe, oval shields on other units.
mb4.jpg
2.01+2 patches.

I am fairly certain these were fixed in the 2.01 patch.  In that patch, there are resource files, texture files, and also a folder with text files.  I you haven't copied the text files to the module this would explain why they are not working for you.  Give it a shot and let me know if it worked.

Redleg said:
I am fairly certain these were fixed in the 2.01 patch.  In that patch, there are resource files, texture files, and also a folder with text files.  I you haven't copied the text files to the module this would explain why they are not working for you.  Give it a shot and let me know if it worked.
Nope, I've applied patches in a proper manner after downloading mod, yet I had re-applied them just in case, results are same.
I'm looking at troops tree, and Rhodok Retainer and it's upgrades give me warning messages about missing "bb_oackeshott_type_14_L90".
Seems you've baked patch w/o latest adjustments.

Kulverstukass said:
Redleg said:
Nope, I've applied patches in a proper manner after downloading mod, yet I had re-applied them just in case, results are same.
I'm looking at troops tree, and Rhodok Retainer and it's upgrades give me warning messages about missing "bb_oackeshott_type_14_L90".
Seems you've baked patch w/o latest adjustments.

Thanks for the feedback.  Are the Rhodok shields LODs still missing in your version? 

I will try to get a patch for version 1.01 posted at ModDB within the next day or two.  Version 2.1 will be released very soon as well, but it's not save-game compatible.

Redleg said:
Are the Rhodok shields LODs still missing in your version? 

I will try to get a patch for version 1.01 posted at ModDB within the next day or two.  Version 2.1 will be released very soon as well, but it's not save-game compatible.
About "missing LOD is a problem" is my guess, as they become plain white at some minor distance, like 15-20m, but properly textured while nearby.
Personally, I don't care much about save compatibility if mod improves/fixes, eh.

Kulverstukass said:
Redleg said:
Are the Rhodok shields LODs still missing in your version? 

I will try to get a patch for version 2.01 posted at ModDB within the next day or two.  Version 2.1 will be released very soon as well, but it's not save-game compatible.
About "missing LOD is a problem" is my guess, as they become plain white at some minor distance, like 15-20m, but properly textured while nearby.
Personally, I don't care much about save compatibility if mod improves/fixes, eh.

I just checked the version 2.01 fix filed and I don't see any problems with it.  I also tried it out in game.  All the Rhodok shields have lods that reference the right material and the Rhodok broadswords show up.  I went through all the added armors to see if there were any missing textures and none showed up.  I also downloaded the 2.01 patch to make sure it had the right stuff in it and it did.  Finally, I checked the rgl_log.txt to see if there were mesh/material/texture problems with those items (Rhodok shields and broadswords) and no errors showed up.  So on my game the patch is working.  I can't figure out why it's not working in your game, especially as you said you re-applied it with the same results as before.  It is a real head-scratcher. 

Anyway, version 2.1 will be released soon and I think you will like the improvements I made to it.  I have been testing it for quite some time and am not aware of any missing textures or bad brf references.

Good news about 2.1, and I've found what was wrong, for me, with soon-to-be-irrelevant 2.01.
One one hand, it's technically on my side, sort of obviously.
On another, naming only one folder in patch archive exactly same as module folder (textures = textures), which triggers "overwrite this?" popup, informing you (me) that everything being moved properly, while another being just one letter different, "resource = resources", hasn't been done by me.
I would like to propose to abstain from "informative folder name", like that "text files" and join somewhat standardized community format "patch archive follow module folder format".

Thanks for listening my autistic screeching, in text format. :party:

Kulverstukass said:
Good news about 2.1, and I've found what was wrong, for me, with soon-to-be-irrelevant 2.01.
One one hand, it's technically on my side, sort of obviously.
On another, naming only one folder in patch archive exactly same as module folder (textures = textures), which triggers "overwrite this?" popup, informing you (me) that everything being moved properly, while another being just one letter different, "resource = resources", hasn't been done by me.
I would like to propose to abstain from "informative folder name", like that "text files" and join somewhat standardized community format "patch archive follow module folder format".

Thanks for listening my autistic screeching, in text format. :party:

I am glad you were able to figure it out.  I will keep in mind what you said about about configuring patches.

July 10 2017 Update:  I am planning to release ver. 2.1 this week.  Below are just a few of the new armors that will be part of the changes to ver. 2.1

July 29 Update:
Good news here.  I am completing my final round of testing for version 2.1 and expect to release within the week.  The mod is stable with no known additional bugs and all the new features appear to be working as intended.  The main work I need to do is to make sure all the BRFs and textures are squared away and then finish writing the changelog.  I know it's been a while since the last release and since I promised this major update and now it is imminent.

I wanted to briefly discuss the last recruitment change I added to the mod.  In this change, I give an extra advantage to building a manor in your village.  Now the manor permits the player to recruit special commoner troops, depending on the faction.  I my current test version I have it set to recruit level 20 archers from the factions.  As you can see, this has advantages over recruiting tier 1 faction troops (although that is still an option). 

As for the special manor troops, I have thought about having it set to recruit special troops that aren't in the faction trees, for example, a level 20 Nord mounted skirmisher troop or a level 20 Rhodok Mounted Skirmisher troop, since neither faction currently has mounted troops.  The idea is to provide a troop that augments the current troop tree for each faction.  Another possibility would be to have the special troop be a customizable troop like I used in the castle barracks recruitment scheme.  This would allow the player to decide the equipment (but not stats) of his/her special manor troops.  For this I would need to create a small line of troops, perhaps starting at level 10 or 15 that could upgrade into infantry, archers, or horsemen.

Let me know what you think about these special troops so I can consider your ideas and try to incorporate the appropriate ideas into my special troops.  As I stated above, I am planning to release the mod very soon and will need to test any additional changes I make, albeit in an expedited fashion.

Overall, I think you will appreciate the changes I have already made for v. 2.1 in terms of new features, troops and recruitment, and new or improved armors and weapons.

Redleg said:
As for the special manor troops, I have thought about having it set to recruit special troops that aren't in the faction trees, for example, a level 20 Nord mounted skirmisher troop or a level 20 Rhodok Mounted Skirmisher troop, since neither faction currently has mounted troops.  The idea is to provide a troop that augments the current troop tree for each faction.  Another possibility would be to have the special troop be a customizable troop like I used in the castle barracks recruitment scheme.  This would allow the player to decide the equipment (but not stats) of his/her special manor troops.  For this I would need to create a small line of troops, perhaps starting at level 10 or 15 that could upgrade into infantry, archers, or horsemen.

Let me know what you think about these special troops so I can consider your ideas and try to incorporate the appropriate ideas into my special troops.  As I stated above, I am planning to release the mod very soon and will need to test any additional changes I make, albeit in an expedited fashion.

Overall, I think you will appreciate the changes I have already made for v. 2.1 in terms of new features, troops and recruitment, and new or improved armors and weapons.

Special troops just for some lords like in Perisno would be a great idea in my opinion, but I'm not sure if we are talking about the same concepts  :ohdear:

Special troops just for some lords like in Perisno would be a great idea in my opinion, but I'm not sure if we are talking about the same concepts  :ohdear:

This is something different.  The kings already have faction elite troops as part of their party templates whereas the lords do not.  What I have done is made it so that when you have built a manor in your village, you have the option of recruiting the regular low-level troop or recruit a level 20 mounted light horseman with skirmisher capabilities and equipment.  This special troop does not exist as part of the normal faction troop tree. 

August 6 Update
I am completing the final small tweaks and testing this week.  I will post the changelog below.  I have made so many changes and additions that I think I will call it mod version 3.0 instead of 2.1!

Redleg said:
This is something different.  The kings already have faction elite troops as part of their party templates whereas the lords do not.  What I have done is made it so that when you have built a manor in your village, you have the option of recruiting the regular low-level troop or recruit a level 20 mounted light horseman with skirmisher capabilities and equipment.  This special troop does not exist as part of the normal faction troop tree.

I like very much how that sounds! Keep goig mate  :grin:

Interesting mod. But even with patch, I'm getting errors when Mamluk Mail pops up in shop or troop tree view. Few other oddities popped up, like Winged Great Helmet, Charger and Sarranid Warhorse showing up in shops, which don't fit timeframe or the mod setting...

Also, where's the damn Guild Master in that Khergiz town? Can't find him...

Sarin said:
Interesting mod. But even with patch, I'm getting errors when Mamluk Mail pops up in shop or troop tree view. Few other oddities popped up, like Winged Great Helmet, Charger and Sarranid Warhorse showing up in shops, which don't fit timeframe or the mod setting...

Also, where's the damn Guild Master in that Khergiz town? Can't find him...

The Mamluke and other missing textures should be fixed with the patch.  I incorrectly named the "Resource" folder as "Resources" so if you copied the patch into your module, the new BRFs won't be read.  Check to see if you have a folder in the module called "Resources" and if you do, copy those BRFs in that folder to the correct folder, named "Resource".  There is also (at ModDB) a patch called "Calradia 1050 A.D. v. 2.01 Missing Textures Only" that has the textures for the armor you named.

In the version you are playing I only got rid of some of the anachronistic stuff but not all. I would need to edit the flag itp_merchandise to make sure they don't show up.  I am in the process of removing more for the upcoming version but haven't finished with that part yet. 

As for the guild master of Aderkan, he is very hard to find.  Part of the problem is that the town is so large.  It is nicely done by Ruthven but I have had trouble finding the guildmaster a time or two.  I am considering using a native town to replace the existing one.

Other than those issues, I hope you are enjoying the mod.  If so, the upcoming version makes a number of improvements, especially in troops and recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom