[S] Arena Overhaul mod [released for Warband SP]

Users who are viewing this thread

I was in a  one on one tourney fight in Praven and we actually had a jousting match :smile:

It was really fun, but I would have lost if it was jousting rules. I killed the guy's horse on accident (it's easier to joust in 1st person btw).

what about new scene for the "training fields"
of course only for sparring
cause if you fight 4 they kinda gang up on you in a way that even when you block the first the second hit you

Thanks  :smile:

raul-1 said:
what about new scene for the "training fields"
Hadn't thought of that, but it would almost be cheating if you could somehow fight them one by one.
Besides with 1.112 "characters who've been killed now soak up attacks for a short while", making it easier to fight multiple opponents.

This looks amazing and what should have been done with arenas to make them at least somewhat worthwhile playing other than the tournaments.

There was a mod for Warband vanilla that had bigger arena/tournament grounds. It was MUCH less frustrating, and still challenging. You could actually win the arena match about once in 8 or 10 times.

Does anyone remember what that mod was with the bigger arenas? Is is possible I could just move files from that one and have the bigger arenas in Warband?

How hard is it to modify the scenes? Can someone direct me to the "how to" thread?

I don't know that mod. Scenes from M&B can be moved to Warband without problems (but not the other way around).
If you read the first post I made a little tutorial on finding the scenes.
So if you do find this 'bigger arenas' mod you could probably just drag and drop the files to Warband, provided it doesn't change anything else than the scenes.

Cool. I'll look at the mods I have installed for Vanilla. I know that one of them has bigger arenas/tournaments. I think it was a Europe historical mod of some sort; maybe Hundred Years War. I guess that might be a problem given the town names will not be the same  :neutral:

If I figure out which vanilla mod it was I'll let you know.

Looks very cool!
Though i would recommend removing the ai mesh from under things like the bridges; just to clarify for the ai (helps especially for mulit-tiered contraptions)
ah, wish i did my arena mod with warband... well, have to get back to it  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom