[S] Arena Overhaul mod [released for Warband SP]

Users who are viewing this thread

This is for single player only. Some items only in Warband are being used, so it's not compatible with 1.011.
But I don't believe anything from Warband is used at Halmar so that would work in 1.011  :smile:

Makuy said:
you should make one where everyone begins on a high platform... and under u there is lava ;D
I thought about some more extravagant scenes, but no lava  :smile:
Suno is already a bit over the top.

I'm a fan, nice work - hope u don't mind that i listed your work in this thread, attempting to get all the mods in one place so whoever moves them to the upcoming warband mod forum will have an easier job - as well as everyone else wanting mods right now.

Warbled Mod Compendium
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103106.new#new

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: as u asked for input; I figured it would be nice to know which arena we were changing when installing, as they're just listed as numbers, example if i wished to keep Suno the same is it is in native but change the others i'd need to know which number Suno corresponds to as to not add that file

so basically my suggestion including a list of numbers 1-22 and their corresponding towns, if it works that way, I'm no modder

- giving the mod a trial now ill post back with any feedback i feel necessary

just had a play through/explore of about 8 or so different arenas, and can't find faults any of them seriously well done, also the destructible_targets are a nice touch shame it shows the tag for them tho

just an example of what i'm talking about, did a tournament at wercheg and was spawned on a horse, inital thought was this arena looks too crowded, but its not as a lot of the low parts of the ruins the horses can travel over, even in a later round i decided to run up the stairs on the central ruins i assumed the AI may have trouble getting up there but it all seems to work fine, only slight issue i have is mounted AI's getting stuck in places but then that's no different from how they get themselves stuck on walls anyways.

so after testing only thing i can think to add is what i said in my previous post, a list giving cities their corresponding number if for some reason u don't like an arena u can not install it.

SUBS said:
so after testing only thing i can think to add is what i said in my previous post, a list giving cities their corresponding number if for some reason u don't like an arena u can not install it.
That's a good idea. i will add a list of the arenas to first post.
Each town has a number from 1-22 and you can see it in the 'parties' (or is it 'factions') file.
So imagine Wercheg is town 2, then the arena will also have number 2. 

The AI still behaves stupid - especially cavalry running into arena walls - but that's no different from native  :smile:
I tried improving it with a proper AI mesh but it hasn't changed much.

I was actually pretty shocked that the tournaments/arenas were not changed in warband but this should create some more variety.
Just need different equipment for the fighters and the tournaments might actually be fun for once.  :mrgreen:

The arena at Dhirim is just awsome.It gives you the feel that you re in a battlefield.The other arenas are perfect too CONGRATULATIONS.
You r the best modder in mount&blade and warband :razz: :razz: :razz: :arrow: :razz:

Thanks for the feedback.

If there are scenes you don't like and want to replace just those with the native ones I've added a simple tutorial in first post.

Also, here's a short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcU1HAOnxo

i like arena who is in last 3 city screens cuz dear is the best grafick of all screens BUT it looks awsome ( i just forgot the last 3 city names :grin: )

I always thought it would be neat and a bit more realistic to have an outdoor arena setting. With the striped tents nearby and banners planted, that sort of thing.

You're the man Adorno, I love you in a special man love sort of way. Keep up the good work mate, well done.

Back
Top Bottom