[S] Arena Overhaul mod [released for Warband SP]

Users who are viewing this thread

Nothing has happened to arenas in Warband, so I decided to redo all the arenas and add AI mesh.
Both to make them more interesting to look at and more fun/challenging to fight in.

Only scenes are changed - not equipment, betting etc. - so it's easy to install (dump the files in the 'SceneObj' folder)

WARNING: These arena scenes also transfer to multiplayer. BUT the other players do not see the objects you see.
To avoid this a copy of native can be made and the scenes installed there instead.

(450 kb)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAcU1HAOnxo&feature=email

If there are arenas you don't like and want to replace just those with the native ones then it's simple. Here's how:
The arena files all have a number from 1-22. The first one being 'scn_town_1_arena'.
Similarly all towns have a number found in the 'parties' text file.

Below is the list of town numbers. So imagine you want to keep the native arena in Sargoth:
you keep the native file called 'scn_town_1_arena' in the SceneObj folder:

Again: make a backup of the native files!

Town 1:  Sargoth 
Town 2:  Tihr
Town 3:  Veluca
Town 4:  Suno
Town 5:  Jelkala
Town 6:  Praven
Town 7:  Uxkhal
Town 8:  Reyvadin
Town 9:  Khudan
Town 10: Tulga
Town 11: Curaw
Town 12: Wercheg
Town 13: Rivacheg
Town 14: Halmar
Town 15: Yalen
Town 16: Dhirim
Town 17: Ichamur
Town 18: Narra
Town 19: Shariz
Town 20: Durquba
Town 21: Ahmerrad
Town 22: Bariyye

Screenshots (some are outdated by now):

Curaw:

Khudan:

Suno - redone:

Wercheg:

Bariyye:

Praven - now much larger, with a jousting course (that won't be used as such by the AI of course):
Jelkala:

Yalen:

Sargoth - they closed the golf course and started a fight club  :smile:

Reyvadin:

Shariz - redone. Also made bigger:

Ahmerrad:

Durquba:

Oh, I hadn't thought of that, but it would be for specific modding purposes right?
(I don't know the entry points for the specific characters by the way  :oops:)

Praven - now much larger, with a jousting course (that won't be used as such by the AI of course):

Adorno; that is awesome. An adornoment to every mod. That is, if you release the scenes for the modding community.
[me=FrisianDude]waggles eyebrows. [/me]

**** you Fris. :lol:

@Adorno:

I don't see why everyone's so excited about the cage, it seems like an expanse of flat land to me.

I personally like Reyvadin's.

Also, are you using Warband singleplayer to make the scenes? You seem to have a Sarranid town there.

How about weaponry placed against the walls or in wooden weaponholders set around the arena, that you could actually pick up?

Would be interesting imo

Peralta said:
How about weaponry placed against the walls or in wooden weaponholders set around the arena, that you could actually pick up?

Would be interesting imo
I don't know if anyone have managed to do that - and I'm certainly not skilled enough.

The scenes are made in Warband single player and free for everyone to use, of course.

I'm not a very skilled coder myself, but you could ask the guys from 1866 how to do it?
They have some guns implemented in salloon scenes, and even a feature that allows you to break furniture, after which you an use the remains as weapons

You think I'm the lovechild of Hokie and Highlander? Those guys are geniuses.  :smile:

Anyway, toying with openable doors:

Veluca:

Unfortunately the AI can't work with them - yet. Maybe later. They are afterall in Sarranid sieges.

Release it.
drooling-7.gif

Glad to see someone as awesome as you working on something as equally awesome as this.

Picking up weapons wouldn't really be a good idea methinks, because then he'd have to make some changes to actual game codes (easier to just plop .sco files into a folder, that way it's compatible with almost every mod) and the AI can't pick things up so that'd just give the player yet another advantage.

Back
Top Bottom