[S] 1812-1815 ----VERSION 1 AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Smissen said:
Would you mind adding the Maréchausseé? The Maréchaussée was a Dutch elite unit during
the Napoleonic wars.

They were equiped with the Charleville carbine and a briquet.

indext8.jpg

Not true, They were not in any way elites, they were provosts and rarely saw action

Vicccard said:
Smissen said:
Would you mind adding the Maréchausseé? The Maréchaussée was a Dutch elite unit during
the Napoleonic wars.

indext8.jpg

Not true, They were not in any way elites, they were provosts and rarely saw action

They were an unit, they were good, and I find their uniforms and hats BEAUTIFULL :grin:

The uniform is exactly like the french, the hat is à bicorn.

But apard from the uniform, they were militairy police and DID NOT fight.
Sure they were à unit, but they didn't fight. And if Im right, They were hated by soldiers  :lol:

You say they were good, but do you have any proof? If you can find à picture of marauchsee fighting... Then we talk  :wink:

Vicccard said:
The uniform is exactly like the french
Bullocks. The uniform is prussian-style, and looks cool.
Take a look yourselves.

Vicccard said:
Sure they were à unit, but they didn't fight. And if Im right, They were hated by soldiers  :lol:
They did, sometimes. In the Battle of Medina de Rio seco, in Spain, a group of Gendarmes de èlite participated in one of general Lasalles charges, which broke the Spanish.
And Gendarmes played an active and importand role in anti-guerrilla-warfare and hunting down deserters, like the Manhunters in native. They would be very suitable for patrols.

Francois-Guy Hourtoulle, Soldiers and Uniforms of Napoleonic Wars

EDIT:
Vicccard said:
You say they were good, but do you have any proof? If you can find à picture of marauchsee fighting... Then we talk  :wink:
Any picture? Right.

The Marrechaussee is a Dutch military police often used for police tasks or border controlling, it only fought on rare occassions, just like now.
My brother is in the Marrechaussee and according to him Marrechaussee are rarely sent to war zones. I think that's the way it went throughout their existence, but feel free to argue. :wink:

Thanks Jackrum, much appreciated. I think as far as manhunters are concerned, I'll be making some kind of Gendarmes, to tackle deserters, probably French ones, with the dragoon style uniform. Perhaps even the Gendarms d' Elite, like these.

Private20gendarme1.jpg

Cracking on with the artillery, made some minor improvements to the 12 pounder with the addition of tools, like rammers and linstocks, also just about finished with the artillery crew, just need the code sorted to get these guys going.

openBrf2011-12-1412-14-52-87.jpg

openBrf2011-12-1412-14-29-35.jpg

openBrf2011-12-1412-14-18-72.jpg

Captured Joe said:
Vicccard said:
The uniform is exactly like the french
Bullocks. The uniform is prussian-style, and looks cool.
Take a look yourselves.

Vicccard said:
They did, sometimes. In the Battle of Medina de Rio seco, in Spain, a group of Gendarmes de èlite participated in one of general Lasalles charges, which broke the Spanish.
And Gendarmes played an active and importand role in anti-guerrilla-warfare and hunting down deserters, like the Manhunters in native. They would be very suitable for patrols.

Francois-Guy Hourtoulle, Soldiers and Uniforms of Napoleonic Wars

EDIT:
Vicccard said:
Any picture? Right.

We were talking about the Dutch mate :wink:

Here's the lastest with the artillery, all the guns, ready to go, the crew ready, caissons ready, ammo ready, musket stacks ready, CODE HMMMMMM!
Any help appreciated.

mb_warband2011-12-1414-31-39-64.jpg

I'm not sure if will work in SP, could really use the services of a coder here, I'll think I'll advertise for some help.

poomtang said:
Well if you can get it working I love to put it in this mod, I'd like to see these cannons roar!

As long as its not packed with grape shot and your standing in front of it  :wink: Excellent mod so far, are you going to fix the troops firing all the way across the map?

Agovic said:
Smissen said:
the Napoleonic wars.

indext8.jpg

Answer...this....Poomtang :smile:

Finest soldiers of the whole Dutch-Belgian Army :wink:

*kuch* no soldiers *kuch* *kuch* police *kuch* *kuch* never fought a battle *kuch*

Guys, come on. This is bad for my throat  :roll:

And about the uniform, it actually looks Prussian now you've mentioned it. Little fault of me there  :mrgreen:

Smissen, may I ask why you want them to get in so badly?

Back
Top Bottom