[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
othr said:
I did what I could do reduce the quality of models used by the mod.  Only suggestion I can make is to reduce the detail further, sorry :sad:
Will let you know if reducing the quality helps. But my PC is fairly high spec... I don't mind turning it down a bit for the epic battles though.

Will let you know if reducing the quality helps. But my PC is fairly high spec... I don't mind turning it down a bit for the epic battles though

Ive been having the same problem

I got the latest version and I have no in game music  and the map movement speed has slowed down. Is this supposed to happen?

Okay, I restarted the game and the music came on. I'm guessing this is a bug.

I would still like to know if the map speed is supposed to have slowed down?

hey how can i get my banner on heavy custom barbered horse??? cuz one of my heroes are barbared hors with his crest who was whe i recruted him

First time playing I started in Stockholm, took the beginning quest, recruited a few men and killed the robbers, went to the hideout and M&B crashed.

The mod seems great, but I'll wait untill it's more stable.

Gottschalk said:
On thing that has bothered me, take for example the Kingdom of France. Every single lord of said kingdom wears a blue surcoat with fleur-de-lis. The same with every other faction, they all have a standardized outfit for the lords. This is historically incorrect. Each lord, hell every person of knightly class should have a distinct heraldic pattern.

Every single one should be different, the purpose of heraldry was identification. Think of it as a name tag.

That being said, people of the same household may have closely related heraldry. For example, say my heraldry was a large fleur-de-lis on a black field. My son's might consider of a large fleur-de-lis with two smaller ones on a black field.

This was done so that in the heat of battle they could identify one another, not only allies but enemies as well.

I think this variation is something that would greatly add to the game. Nothing could add more 'flavor' or a better look and feel.

I'll be working on some banners this weekend, so we'll get that fixed as I get them done. I'm going for historical accuracy, and I don't have a ton of time, but I'll do what I can!

Defiantly love the work done so far, once this is done I won't play vanilla again. At this point thanks to the native I'm already use to dealing with bugs, pretty much anything with M&B in it requires a lot of patience. Personally I want to see the base game out of beta, and the current mod factions brought up to full before I would start asking for new nations. Of course I'm American so I got a little less pride all though I got strong Slavic routes on one family side, in the end I care more about quality then quantity of nations.

Keep up the good work. For the people who wonder why there not getting responses on why there country is not in yet, call me crazy but it helps to have a fully functioning game over one that has even more things you have to edit every major upgrade.

othr said:
Asagus said:
I have just downloaded patch 1.105 and mod version 0.8 and I still have the same problem: My banner is not displayed on "custom barded warhorse" and other similar horses - they are all black.

Please help me! This is the one of the greatest things in this mod - historical heraldy!!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Your banner won't show on the horse like that.  player_surcoat.dds and covered_warhorse_player.dds need to be customized by you.  There are plenty of textures you can use, rnd_surcoat_xx.dds and rnd_horse_xx.dds can be copied over them.  And if you have some graphics skills you can make your own.  The game has no mechanism to apply textures to a horse.

OK, I wanted to play a little bit with the textures (maybe i can even help with creating new) but i met a huge problem: how to open .dds files???? I want to add, that I tried to convert them (DDS Converter 2 - converter can not convert [convert icon is not active]) or open it in photoshop CS4 (with new DDS plugin from NVIDIA [and yes I have NVIDIA graphic card]).
HOW TO EDIT THIS FILES??

This mod is awesome!!!
However, I have a couple of questions...
1. Teutonic order have not ladies in their castles. So, It means that player can not be family of teutonic lords? A teuton player can not marry... how they can organize feasts to improve their social relationship in that case?
2. How I can take and train units that are not mercenary? It is necessary to have your own village or town?

Thank you to the creators! It is a very good work!!

Great mod, never played this one love the map speed totally different ballgame.. no more waiting :smile:!

I'm having trouble attacking and defending castles... the attacking force always gets stuck at the top of the ladders..? the ladders seem to end dropping the guys off on the sloped edges of the castle where they get stuck betweem the high end of the slope and the top of the ladder.... some of the guys will jump out from time to time but otherwise you can't really take/defend any of the castles i've tested so far...... is anyone else having this problem..?

LombardoRuiz said:
1. Teutonic order have not ladies in their castles. So, It means that player can not be family of teutonic lords? A teuton player can not marry... how they can organize feasts to improve their social relationship in that case?
2. How I can take and train units that are not mercenary? It is necessary to have your own village or town?

Answer to number one is that I think they are not allowed to marry or have children since I can't get one of them to marry my girl char, Answer to number 2 is that they are all Mercenary's. There is no other way to get diffrent units. This makes the Morale effect on what units you have in your group dissapear.

Mitchmon said:
LombardoRuiz said:

Answer to number one is that I think they are not allowed to marry or have children since I can't get one of them to marry my girl char, Answer to number 2 is that they are all Mercenary's. There is no other way to get diffrent units. This makes the Morale effect on what units you have in your group dissapear.

Very good questions about the Teutonic Order.  I'm still pondering the answers, so far they're forbidden to marry but that puts them outside of the influence circle.  I may have to inflate their relationships artificially in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom