[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Near france, in the western europe...If you're in Morocco and start walking to the north, you should be able to reach it...

Really now, I don't think Spain would have been necessary... :smile:

Have you taken a look at the map? I believe it's pretty much complete with the factions it already have...and by the way, how was Spain sopposed to appear in a mod that focus mainly on the eastern crusades? :wink:

Even tough othr has added some factions, 1257edition start as an attempt to recreate the vanilla factions as they should have been in the real life...and since in the mod they are based to the Medieval eastern factions...I don't really think that Spain would fit that much in a mod that starts with this intents...

Anyway I believe other has done a good opera by adding some new factions, even while he has left out many other important factions, as Spain may be...

I got all of the same problems. Also, when i started it in quick start, for debugging, i noticed that there are two stirlings in scotland. Not sure if this is intentional or not, im not a big history buff.

OK thanks, there shouldn't be more than one :smile:

Got a bug, or at least somehting that shouldn't be there.

When you create a character you cannot progress beyond killing two looters. There is no way out of the area, you cannot push tab to eave, and no NPC comes either.
also i get a warning saying something a long the lines of "Warning unable to find material lamella_armour_a.lod"

Sorry if it has allready been mentioned

Started the quick start, and is looking good.

One problem is that you have got Liverpool on the border between Wales and England, half way down the border, it should be much more north than that, nearr Beesten castle. Perhaps Chester would have been a better choice of town as that was a major seat of power?

I need to take a look at how the starting quest progresses, I guess it's more involved than I originally thought.  That's why you're stuck, I guess I missed that there is yet another stage to it.

I'll fix that error message, it's pretty harmless.

I have a list of English settlements to change, Raule did a wonderful job with research.  I have Bristol, Durham,  Canterbury and Norwich as candidates for the replacement of some of the cities.  There is also lots of castles and villages that will be renamed.

Henry III was a sly dog

And in a great helm too?!  Doh, thanks for the heads up :smile:

You see, the thing about adding factions is they have to have their enemies added as well.  I'd like to see some dynamic action between factions, and conflicts in the mod are meant to be localized.  That means no wars between factions that don't neighbour each other.  So I'd have to add more factions and then it would snowball out of control.

Maybe with time Spain will make it into the mod.  For now the priority is to get the mod stable.

I wish i could play this but when i start i always get a FX error relating to my direct x library.

System specs
Windows 7 Ultimate 64B
gtx 260
4gb ram
Amd Phenom II X4 955

Mjelnir said:
I wish i could play this but when i start i always get a FX error relating to my direct x library.

System specs
Windows 7 Ultimate 64B
gtx 260
4gb ram
Amd Phenom II X4 955

And you can run the Native module fine?

Found a few bugs and one scrip error no big deal , but I'l just tell you anyway

There is a bug with some of the ladys in sweden they dont have any family and no castle to be in and ect

Also I'm getting a weird scrip error when I start the game (waring can't find Armor_lamma_load or something)

Otherwise...

I stand by my point

AWESOME!!!!

Very accurate polish city's and names <3!

and dont worry about does noob complains....

:mrgreen:

othr said:
Mjelnir said:

System specs
Windows 7 Ultimate 64B
gtx 260
4gb ram
Amd Phenom II X4 955

And you can run the Native module fine?

Not sure what to tell you friend.  Try lowering your settings and see if the error goes away.  If it doesn't try to submit a bug report to Taleworlds.

Nice mod, however it is awfully similar to that other mod: 1200 AD. What is unique about your mod, and if nothing, why not work together to get a single, better mod done faster?

I found a bug for you. I went into the training camp and wanted to spar with some of my men to get them ready for a fight I saw coming. I am not sure where the fight was taking place but it looked like a stor room of some kind. Only one of the guys I selected to fight was with in my reach, the other two were up in some kind of loft and I couldn't get up there.

Found another bug for you just now. The war horses that take on your colors are invisible, at least mine was. I don't know if this is beacouse I don't have a baner and fief just yet or if it some thing that actualy needs fixing.

All in all the port seems very sucseful. It will be nice once you get all the kinks worked out. I kind of feel cheep starting out with all the money and a nice army right out of the gate.

Brum Eldar said:
omg not again... WHERE'S SPAIN??

Errr, it doesn't exist yet?

1257 would be a complicated year for the Iberian Peninsula. Not only do you have the Christian Kingdoms of Navarre, Leon, Castile, Aragon, and Portugal, but you also the Emirate of Granada. In essence, it is a region much to itself in this early era and would be a headache to incorporate faction-wise.

I am afraid I have no new bugs to report besides those before mentioned, but I will certianly make sure to report any others I come across.

Thanks for all the bug reports, I think I squashed most of them but will test things out before I make a patch.

othr said:
they got as far as France, they ruled most of Russia for 200 years, in fact they ruled everything east of the Polish eastern border except the northern areas there.

Mongols didn't reach France.

Anyway, mod is looking good, looking forward to play it!

rooperi said:
othr said:
they got as far as France, they ruled most of Russia for 200 years, in fact they ruled everything east of the Polish eastern border except the northern areas there.

Mongols didn't reach France.

Anyway, mod is looking good, looking forward to play it!

It's true that they did rule everything east of poland

But at that time they were called "Golden horde"

and I never heard of mongols reaching france infact they only got to south Hungary

No, they never officially reach France. But after the Battle of Legnica and the Battle of Mohi, virtually no European army put up much resistance against the Mongol horde. So, Mongol raiding forays were spotted as far as the Balkan, Greece, and various places in Western Europe.

Hold off a moment, patch is coming up :smile:

Yes, they never officially got to France, there was a sighting of a Mongol raiding party that far west though.  Europe stood wide open for their advance but due to the death of the great Khan and possibly issues with grazing grounds for their many horses the Mongols just went back East.

They attempted new raids in 1258 but by that time the Europeas had learned how to fight them effectively, and even though they did cause damage, they were never very successful after that point.

Idk if is a bug, but when you choise your faction, you can't select Novgorod, beacuse  there isn't in the list

btw the patch is up?

great mod, keep the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom