[S][1.125] -Black Sky- |v0.8.4| |Updated 18/06/10|

Users who are viewing this thread

mercs arer naked no more, got them done

need to configure lord parties for nords & rhodoks still

- nerfed all ranged weapons, damage wise, there are still a lot of projectiles in the air which I'm a fan of. basically how it works, crossbows rapid fire bolts for low-medium -  - damage, and bows shoot slower doing higher damage shots, bows accuracy doesn't change too much with the +bow skill,
- incorporated the custom banners mod.
- made shields have more hp, 2handed infantry get destroyed by arrows, trying to get rock paper scissors countering more into the game, a lot of balance changes to my troops

and countless other minor things.

but ill upload that version when I've redone another faction.
current version; 0.3.4:
http://rapidshare.com/files/375914781/BLACK_SKY_v0.3.4.zip

uploaded anyways to get feedback from a mate, so may as well share for those who want it

"Monk dont used bladed or piercing weapon... they use blunt weapons like staffs...

but its our design so be it..."

been debated a bit already, they did have katana originaly, not like it matters as Swadia and Caldaria are both fictional so tbh monks can use what they like, essentialy al they are is fast light infantry, very vulnerable to arrows so they suck ass in a frontal assault, they more useful for ambushing/flanking, have high agility so they attack fast, can tear through archer in melee

[ASSISTANCE REQUIRED:] for the nords and mercs i was hoping to have some troops with 2 handers and shields on their backs, but this doesn't seem possible - if i equip them with both they just use the 2 hander and the shield doesnt appear, if i equip with them 2 hander, shield and 1handed, they will use the 1hand and shield.

anyone know a fix/work around for this? not majorly important but sorta an unexplored look aesthetically.

Quick question.  I noticed in the screenies some of your units are armed with multiple weapons (like long and short sword, sword and lance etc)...  how the heck do you make them equip multiple weapons? I've been trying to do this for ages, all I can get is they equip one weapon from the pool :sad:

I so want my custom spearmen to have a side arm for up close and personal in sieges :smile:

certain weapons have certain positions on the body. and they will use what ever weapons has the highest skill, or change it due to some factors such as being mounted they want to use lances, and infantry seem to always use sword and board if u give them the choice of 1h/2h. so you could equipd your spearmen with pikes/spears, aswell as 1handers+sheilds, but i doubt they would use the spears then, or if somehow u get them to use their spears they wont switch to their sword and board.

it may be possible via using the module system but i'm still relatively new to modding and I've not messed about with that properly yet.

0.4.5 released changes from previous version;
lots of tweaks to Swadians/rhodoks/nords/mercenaries, Vaegirs also all redone - and a couple experimental units to the sarranid faction. more armour/weapons added, lord parties remade, all of the 4 redone factions lords use higher teir units, no recruits (i was tired of doing 40 huscarls versus 300~ and winning easily, mainly due to routing the enemy - now lords pack a punch with top tier units and slightly bigger parties.

ill get troop trees done tommorow, so u can preview what you download - not going to bother with screenshots until version 1.0 is released as its all subject to change.

0.4.5 Download link (I apologize for it being rapidshare, having to wait and all - but its easier for me, and my testers to keep it all hosted on our space.)
http://rapidshare.com/files/377884634/BLACK_SKY_v0.4.5.rar

if it makes u feel better about the wait i when 5960 more people download it as free users u will save me £6

Been testing out the newest version, everything looks good so far, cept one thing, Where's the Six Shoota :?:  Looked at every large town I could find, nowhere, is it somewhere special?

yeah your right XD, was messing about with it - should be in now in the new version and as a bonus, when not equipped it sits on your leg + also added the black armour back into the game - old helm as well, and you can change your banner from the camp menu. few bug fixxes, in that version aswell i left the party size huge, which was for testing larger battles, still trying to get lords sorted.

http://rapidshare.com/files/378178815/BLACK_SKY_v0.4.6.zip

SUBS said:
version 0.4.6:
- can now change your banner at any time from camp menu

Any chance you would be so kind as to point out what to change to get just that mod? I suspect it isn't much. :grin:

Open

X:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\MODULE\Menus.txt

search for

Code:
mno_action_modify_banner  1 31 2 144115188075856163 1

change to

Code:
mno_action_modify_banner  1 31 2 144115188075856163 0

and to change the message it displays in the camp menu change (located to the right of the previous code)

Code:
{!}Cheat:_Modify_your_banner

newtype0083 said:
Is that behemoth supposed to be a bill? Good luck trying to wield that monstrosity.

well im not using custom models yet, got a couple made but i suck at texturing, its actually the poleaxe from in game.
tempted to give swadians pikes like the rhodoks have but faction diversity and all, thoughts?

wasn't in the change log but cleaned up all the 2handed long axes, on horse back u can side swing them now, and they no longer display swing damage twice.
anyways those screen shots are from 0.0 a little outdated.

Sounds like a lot of work, good luck to you.

My 1 bit of advice to you is not to integrate every thing that everyone asks of you, have a clear vision and go for it.

what do you mean sounds like a lot of work? good luck :grin:

everything i've written in the changelog is already done and down-loadable :razz: + a load more as its effort to keep track

just sarranids to finish, khergits to start and tweaks all round, will be finished

appreciate the sentiment though, thanks

SUBS said:
[SUBS delivers]
Thanx. Actually just remembered I could do that with the cheat commands... But once you open that can of worms, it's hard to close it again, so this will help!  :mrgreen:

i think i was the first tester of Black Sky and yes yhis mod is prety intresting i was bored to play native so i playd this and this mod is more intresting then native :smile:

it's a great looking mod

a few ideas that might fit
the samurai and monks would be great as Eastern mercenaries. the monks could start with a staff and eventually end up with very high strength and agility with iron flesh, but no weapons. just punching and kicking.
samurai could start with wooden training sword versions of the katana and loose fitting peasant gear and eventually upgrade to the full laquered armour after going through various stages with pole-arms and bows (samurai were proficient with all weapons and also unarmed combat)
if you could add factions, an Eastern faction with ass kicking monks and Samurai led armies would be fantastic :grin:
massed polearms and arquebus FTW (unless it rains)

Any chance you can post just the set of items so I can use them for my game?

Like the samurai swords? I just want to add those to my game atm, not with all the other mods.

I got some ideas for more unit type's.

Swadian's

Battlepriest (from warrior monk's) wielding : a Polehammer , one-handed sword , throwing dagger + original monk robe , spiked helmet , mail mittens , mail boots

General's Bodyguard (from Swadian Knight's) wielding : a Great Sword , heavy lance , knightly heater shield + Plate armor set + Heavy Charger

Rhodok's

Swiss Guard : (from Rhodok Pikeman) wielding : a Balanced Glaive , one-handed sword , shield + white gambeson , bascinet , mail mittens , mail boots

Vaeghir's

Berdiche Axemen : (from Vaeghir Guard) wielding : a Heavy Great Long Bardiche , one-handed sword , shield + Bascinet with nose guard , mail mittens , mail boots

Thats all for now.

kyosukedei said:
Like the samurai swords? I just want to add those to my game atm, not with all the other mods.

just copy over item_kinds1.txt from my mod, only problem is it was made on version 1.11 so doesnt have the new meshes for the falchion/cleaver and other peasent weapons. this is fairly easy to fix if your somewhat competent at modding,

and i can't upload my current item_kinds1.txt which has the new meshes, as it as custom models in unless u want the textures, resources.brf & module.ini as well (those 3 wont chanse any other aspects of your game.

third option, check my post history/search function; I've posted in enough threads explaining how to unlock the strange armour, if that is all you want its fairly simple

Urlik said:
it's a great looking mod

a few ideas that might fit
the samurai and monks would be great as Eastern mercenaries. the monks could start with a staff and eventually end up with very high strength and agility with iron flesh, but no weapons. just punching and kicking.
samurai could start with wooden training sword versions of the katana and loose fitting peasant gear and eventually upgrade to the full laquered armour after going through various stages with pole-arms and bows (samurai were proficient with all weapons and also unarmed combat)
if you could add factions, an Eastern faction with ass kicking monks and Samurai led armies would be fantastic :grin:
massed polearms and arquebus FTW (unless it rains)

im sure there will be a mod focused on samurai and I've already used the extent of the orient models i have, seeing as this mod is currently a 1man team, with a few bits stolen from other mods its a hell of a lot of work and a bit far out the scope of what i originally planned (see what i could do in regards of making my own mod, started modding 10 days ago with no prior experience - with honestly not spending a whole lot of time on it (getting off track here a bit, but if there's a specific mod you want these forums will provide you with the know how, I'm currently competent~ at everything up to making custom animations/use of the module system - as i said 10 days).

more to your point about "arquebus" my issues with adding them is the fact a lot of people don't want to see guns in their medieval aged games myself included (not saying no to guns in warband flat here, just that the whole game needs to be overhauled with different items/era etc... to add firearms imo.
(currently the game has 2 guns, both only available by using cheatmenu (seeing as the module is meant to be for people bored of native it's something different. right?)

morphwan said:
loving this mod Subs! heh even managed to get the troops to work in native, and man those bills/axes are huge!

glad you like it, the bills/axes are just a place holder mesh till i get a proper bill model in. (if u think that's big, check out the polehammer (made by taleworlds) its set to be used by the Vaegir gaurd's and available in shops).

SHOULD HAVE A NEW VERSION OUT SOON! (CONTAINS NEW ITEMS!)

Updated
http://rapidshare.com/files/380567412/BLACK_SKY_v0.5.3.zip

- added a load of new items, used by factions and purchasable by the player
- a lot of tweaks to existing items and units
- some new units

BUGS
- regent cloak, doesn't equip properly will be removed in the next version.

also shall i bother asking to have this moved to the released warband mods section? or wait until i release 1.0?

Back
Top Bottom