SÆLIG

Users who are viewing this thread

Free keys! And by free, I mean work for it.

I need more production events for the various businesses. So there needs to be a description and an effect.

Example: Woodcutters Hut. Tree fell over. Worker died.

The buildings are as follows:
Bakehouse
Alehouse
Flour Mill
Farm
Trading Post
Leatherworker
Butcher
Woodcutters Hut
Fishing Docks
Mine
Metalworker
Herbalist hut

Effects that can happen:
Gain or lose money
Gain items
Gain or lose production speed
Worker dies
Worker injured

Write me two or more events (give them good descriptions) and you'll get a key. They can be silly, serious, or even a mini story. 

Question, can those have multiple results? Taking your example, could the tree fell and have 30% chance for injuring someone who got caught in a branches, 20% to crush a man, 40% to do absolutely nothing and 10% to be salvaged for wood by your workers?

null said:
Free keys! And by free, I mean work for it.

I need more production events for the various businesses. So there needs to be a description and an effect.

Example: Woodcutters Hut. Tree fell over. Worker died.

The buildings are as follows:
Bakehouse
Alehouse
Flour Mill
Farm
Trading Post
Leatherworker
Butcher
Woodcutters Hut
Fishing Docks
Mine
Metalworker
Herbalist hut

Effects that can happen:
Gain or lose money
Gain items
Gain or lose production speed
Worker dies
Worker injured

Write me two or more events (give them good descriptions) and you'll get a key. They can be silly, serious, or even a mini story.

FREE STUFF?!

Flour mill/bakehouse blast (could apply to both). Some loose flour in the air got too close to a candle/naked flame and caused a nasty burny situation. Building sets on fire. Naturally lose production speed and possibly whoever is in the building when the event happens.
tl;dr Fire/boom, lose items, worker injured/dies

Butcher - Animal about to be slaughtered decides to nope and an AI bull goes on a rampage around the nearby settlement wounding or possibly killing all it comes across until it is either killed or escapes. (This may be abit adventurous due to new ai probably needing implementing.)
tl;dr Worker injured/dies

Mine - Collapse if it's not been added yet/dangerous "air" build up.

Metalworker. - Fires If it's not been added yet.
tl;dr Lose items, worker injured/dies

Leatherworker - Worker falls in substance used to treat leathers. Falls ill. (I hear that tanners used to use dog mess to treat leather, no idea if this is concrete however.)
tl;dr Worker injured.

Fishing docks - unusually large fish drags worker into water to a watery grave.

Herbalist hut - Worker starts experimenting with substances (can make workers overproductive, underproductive, injured or dead.)
tl;dr Gain/Lose items, worker injured/dies

Alehouse - Worker gets a little bit too merry and ends up drinking away a portion of the stock.
tl;dr Lose items, worker unable to work for a set amount of time.

Farm - A local donkey gets abit randy at the sight of your worker sporting a new belt buckle. Tries to mount him.

Do not look here said:
Question, can those have multiple results? Taking your example, could the tree fell and have 30% chance for injuring someone who got caught in a branches, 20% to crush a man, 40% to do absolutely nothing and 10% to be salvaged for wood by your workers?

There can be multiple effects, so like boost in production and gain an item. But I don't have chances like that, not yet anyway.

Thanks Wingster, you will receive a key later on. Keys will go out all at once, and when i get home from work.

If I have the chance to get free stuff, guess I need to try my hand  :razz:

Mine - A new tunnel collapses on the workers as they search for the fruits of underground labour. Thankfully most workers were able to escape unharmed, but one was caught in the disaster.
Worker dies.

Fishing docks - Saint Peter smiles on us! Our fishermen have catched an extraordinarily great haul! With all this fish, we could feed the town for a week... Or make a plenty of coin.
Gain fish.

Trading post - Bandits attacked our trading post to get rich on our toil! Thankfully they were beaten back, but a worker was injured in the fight
Worker injured.

Trading post - Bandits attacked our trading post and stole the toils of our hard labour!
Lose money.

If the events can have decisions related to them, then:
Trading post - A trader claiming to hail from distant lands has come to our trading post, bringing exotic goods with him.
Accept trade: lose money get stuff
Decline: Nothing happens
Attack: Try to rob the trader

Alehouse - The local drunkard broke in our alehouse and drank whole night before he was found in the storeroom, passed out! O tempora, o mores!
Lose items.

Woodcutters Hut - While cutting wood, our worker suffered an accident with his axe. We suspect his late night at the alehouse yesterday might have affected the situation.
Worker injured.

Cool cool. Brawls and fires and bandits aren't going to be production events though. Those things happen/will happen on their own based on the AI making choices. I should have mentioned that.

Production events are more just mild random things. Like the baker who discovered the philosophers scone and managed to turn bread into gold but then forgot how to do it.

null said:
Do not look here said:

There can be multiple effects, so like boost in production and gain an item. But I don't have chances like that, not yet anyway.

Thanks Wingster, you will receive a key later on. Keys will go out all at once, and when i get home from work.
Ta me mucker.

r i gaem dev now?

I goofed and sent him a PM. Feeling stupid after seeing everyone posting here. :iamamoron:

Herbalist hut.
One of your workers had found a strange-looking mushroom. After helplessly trying to decide on what its possible effects could be, he brings it to you.
- You get a `Strange-looking mushroom`. [to be a consumable item; after eating it, the main character gets the `happiness for everyone` event and plays the lute in the main square for 6 hours.]

Fishing docks.
One of your fishermen claims to have caught the Golden Fish. The people are flocking to your fishing docks to make wishes, but everything has a price...
- You get 300 gold and -2 reputation from these who have come to the docks.

Blacksmith. Miller, dammit.
One of your millers had crushed his fingers between the grindstones. He is complaining about horrible pain and begs you to let him home.
- The productivity of your business decreases for this day.

Alehouse.
After ordering two portions of porridge, one of your customers decided to pay you with a big pouch of coins. How generous!
- You get item: `Pebbles`. [sells for 0 gold; literally, just trash]

By the way guys, there is a rarity condition that I will apply. So some of these might be very rare.

Farm- A rare white calf is born on your farm. This lucky omen and brings many new customers to your business.
-mo money

Fishing docks- A false report of vikings scares your workers, with many refusing to set sail.
-less money.

Huh, I guess it still could be multiple events with same beginning but different results, like so

Farm
One of your workers dug out a coin while working the field! He decided to drop everything and... (production temporarily slows down)
...found nothing, useless bastard! (no further effects), alternatively: ...found nothing, useless bastard! This calls for proper reprimand. (worker injured as result of punishment)
...sure enough found a whole stash. Luck is on your side! (gain money)
...whatever he found, it should have remained burrowed. He was found dead with his throat slit! (lose worker)

Edit: It should work even beter with mentioned rarity :smile:

So many new messages. Gotta go, will try to add some more later.

Edit2: a quick one, so I won't forget
Alehouse
Your worker served a free meal to a vagrant. Spirits appreciate the gesture, your coffers less so. (lose of insignificant amount of money)

Mine: Strange howls rise from the depths. Your men are certain - it must be a wraith. After watching the entrance for several hours from a safe distance, they see... a pair of young lovers emerge.
- Production speed reduced, Workers pride injured

Alehouse: Disaster strikes! Thieves have broken into your ale house and emptied most of your stock. But what is this? It seems they lost a purse in their drunken stupor.
- Wares lost, some gold gained

Leatherworker: It seems your craftsman has strange tastes. He has fashioned himself a leather suit, the likes you have never seen. And from your stock! At least he seems happy... Hard to tell from behind the mask.
- Wares lost, Production speed gained

Farm: Some of your workers have caught the stomach flue and spend most of their time in the field squatting and grunting.
- Production speed decreased (Alternatively - workers injured, production speed increased :iamamoron:)

Metalworker: A travelling peddler tried to cheat your smith with what he believed to be a fake silver statute. Luckily for you it turned out to be the real deal.
- gain silver (assuming that is a material) or gold

Butcher: Your butcher missed the mark - but not his finger!
- Slight goods increase, injured worker

-----
null said:
Great, that'll do for now.
No, you.

Bake(d)house: Your baker won a strange powder from the village herbalist in a game of horse shoes. It looked a lot like flour this morning.
- production speed decreased

General: One of your workers came across a strange scene - a beautiful lake he had never seen before, a huge stone buried in the ground alongside its shore... and what seemed to be a sword stuck right in the middle of it. He pulled his back trying to get it out.
-Worker injured

Fishing docks - As your fishermen are hauling in the net, they can't find a single fish. However, there is something else stuck in the net. (The net seems to be damaged by the unusual catch.)
= get a (random) item, but no fish. (lose production speed)

- A black cat was seen snatching fish from your store. While the loss does not really amount to much, the fishermen see this as a bad omen and are reluctant to go to work, fearing that they might end up in a wet grave.
= lose a fish, lose production speed, chance of a fisherman drowning

Butcher -  Your worker seems to really care for all of god's creatures, and refuses to butcher animals that lived an unhappy life. Animals aren't held in mass stocks in your time, so he never laid down his work, but his "investigations" into how the animals are treated are slowing production.
= lose production speed

woodcutter - while looking at the beautiful farmer's daughter's rear, your worker chopped/sawed his hand/thumb off.
= worker injured

Back
Top Bottom