Russian localization: an open letter to TaleWorlds Entertainment

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings!
I representate the Mount & Blade: Bannerlord Russian translation team from https://commando.com.ua/mb/bannerlord-novosti/4979-mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-rusifikator.html.
During the translation some questions appeared:

Is it possible for a player to get automatically banned in multiplayer for using changed language and font/interface files?

Can you link lines in localization files instead of adding them to interface files directly? (For we can translate lines leaving interface files unchanged, it is hard to to find each new line and correct it from one update to another)

Can you give us a list of changed lines in localization files somehow? (We are sure, your Chinese and Turkish translation teams will be also glad to have one)

Is it possible to consider our localization to be an official one? It is done on a professional level, we are ready to support it after we complete it (the current progress is about 97%) because our localization is used by almost every single player in the Russian-speaking community.
We have got more than 320 000 people visited a commando.com.ua topic, our translation has collected a lot of flattering reviews in a very short time. This indicates that many players purchased the game in Steam expect partial localization at least.

That's all for now. Hope we will reach an unerstanding speaking about these issues because we as well as you, want the Russian-speaking community to enjoy the game as much as it is possible.

Last edited:
Greetings!
I representate the Mount & Blade: Bannerlord Russian translation team from https://commando.com.ua/mb/bannerlord-novosti/4979-mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-rusifikator.html.
During the translation some questions appeared:

Is it possible for a player to get automatically banned in multiplayer for using changed language and font/interface files? Can you link lines in localization files instead of adding them to interface files directly? (For we can translate lines leaving interface files unchanged, it is hard to to find each new line and correct it from one update to another)

Can you give us a list of changed lines in localization files somehow? (We are sure, your Chinese and Turkish translation teams will be also glad to have one)

Is it possible to consider our localization to be an official one? It is done on a professional level, we are ready to support it after we complete it (the current progress is about 97%) because our localization is used by almost every single player in the Russian-speaking community.
We have got more than 320 000 people visited a commando.com.ua topic, our translation has collected a lot of flattering reviews in a very short time. This indicates that many players purchased the game in Steam expect partial localization at least.

That's all for now. Hope we will reach an unerstanding speaking about these issues because we as well as you, want the Russian-speaking community to enjoy the game as much as it is possible.
Thank you for your work!!!

Thanks to the guys for their quick and personal translation work. without it, many Russian speakers could not enjoy such a beautiful and long-awaited game. We ask developers to treat with understanding and attention to Russian translators. thanks to them, we were able to fully play the very next day in Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

Hello dear developers! These people really did a lot for a comfortable pastime in this magnificent game. I fully support them!

Thanks TaleWorlds for the cool game! And, thanks to our localizers, for such a fast and professional translation!

I bought the game on Steam only because there is localization. These guys bring you money from the Russians :smile:

The translation of these guys is really done on a professional level! Thanks to this translation, 90% of the fans of the game from Russian-speaking audience were able to fully play this wonderful game and enjoy the process without translating each line on their own .. As a fan of your studio and your games, I hope you make this translation official and keep in touch with its creators.

I had been playing Mount & Blade series since 2008, each game was played through in Russian only. Dear developers, please pay attention to this topic. I as well as many game owners don't want to wait for a long time for an official translation

Very cool translation. The translation team did their best . I suggest making their translation official

I,ve bought that game, because its good job from TW. And localization is necessary to Russian, Ukraine, Belorussian, Moldova, Armenia, Georgia communitys. Please forgive me if i forgot someone... Its too much countries, that waiting localization... Its better to play game in native, or language that is simpler to understand. We are all fraternal nations, despite the politics and other problems.

Localization from commando is a great job ..... They mad a playable vers. In 2 days!!!!!!! after the game was released. Its the best team work i ve ever see...

I think making their translation official it is very good idea for support russian translators. TaleWorlds this team have been doing big job for translate u're game on russian language. + rep commandocomua

Dear developers pay attention to this topic, please!
Russian localization is very important for us!
We can't wait another year!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom