• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Rus: XIII Century (archive thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickenbacker

Recruit
Tz, everytime this anti German heretic talking, The Holy Roman Empire, was such a nice and friendly Land. :wink:
But ok, the German Knight Order was an Bunch of fanatic Warmachines, so they deserve it. =)

Whats about the balancing ?
The Knight Order is to weak, after every Cav Clash, my Screen is full of dead Knights and living Russian Cav.
I mean, what was the best Weapon of all Knight Orders Templer, Johaniter and German Knights ?
Yes the heavy Cav Charge, so why the Hell they lose every Battle against all other Factions.
Russia and Litauan had a supreme Skirmish and Medium Cav, but in an direct Clash with the heavy Knight Cav they should lose. =/

The Medieval 2 Kingdom Teutonic Addon had a nice balancing.

 

Wild Rover

Sergeant
I have to agree, Teutons are too underpowered. They were knights, not cannon fodder. :???:  Also, a lot of German names are spelled incorrectly.

But besides of that, this mod is great. One of the best I have ever played.
 

Lord Yung

Banned
NW
On the Teutons: Where the hell are my swords? if anyone has some they would!

Besides that the only problem i have is the party speed system: I actually got caught by an army 4 times the size of my party...i have pathfinding 6!
 

tobier

Recruit
WB
I have only spent an hour or two with this module, but it's pretty good so far. I like being able to RP as a swedish crusder! :smile:
 

Whitestrake

Knight
WBVC
On the starting battles are you supposed to lose thos because playing as a Tueton Noble I probly killed around 50 or more bandits after all my guys are dead and they still keep respwaning.
 

Ambalon

Marquis
Whitestrake said:
On the starting battles are you supposed to lose thos because playing as a Tueton Noble I probly killed around 50 or more bandits after all my guys are dead and they still keep respwaning.
Yah, I cheat killed them and they just kept respawning.
 

JoG

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Rickenbacker said:
The Knight Order is to weak, after every Cav Clash, my Screen is full of dead Knights and living Russian Cav.
I mean, what was the best Weapon of all Knight Orders Templer, Johaniter and German Knights ?
Yes the heavy Cav Charge, so why the Hell they lose every Battle against all other Factions.
Russia and Litauan had a supreme Skirmish and Medium Cav, but in an direct Clash with the heavy Knight Cav they should lose. =/
Haven't faced the Teuton cavalry yet, probably they're really too weak. But in the mid-13th century Rus _heavy_ lancer professional cavalry (druzhina, дружина) was at least as strong as the western knights. Actually most major field battles against knights were won by Rus warriors. The battle of Yaroslav (1245) against Hungarian and Polish knights was won because Halych cavalry led by princes Danylo and Vasylko defeated knights. The battle of Lake Pepius (1242) against Teutonic order was won by flanking charge of Novgorod cavalry. In the battle of Rakovor (1265) the same things happened.
Lamellar armor of druzhina offered much better protection than western hauberk. Excellent equipment of druzhina of Prince (or King already? don't remember the year) Danylo of Halych was also mentioned by Hungarian chronicles. Another thing is that the number of warriors in druzhina (as well as knights :smile:) was fairly small.
The problems of Rus were due to the lack of coherence among the princes, not due to the poor quality of troops.
Personally I think that infantry needs to be slightly rebalanced. Teutonic infantry is too weak, while Rus infantry seems to be much better and stronger (at least at this moment. Maybe I didn't play the mod long enough). It's kinda strange, IMHO. Yes, Novgorod infantry was very strong and had good morale, but most (and the best) part of troops of the Southern and Western principalities were mounted, IMHO.
 
I just cheat-killed around 50-100, then tabbed out.

If you tab out before you kill a certain number, you get a crash.

It was fun for a while though.
 

Higgings

Knight at Arms
Lord Yung:  You raises your speed on the map, by buying the horse food at shops and sometimes horse merchants.
It´s called something with O and i comes in bag like grain.  :smile:
 

Rubberduck

Squire
WF&S
Rongar said:
Wild Rover said:
Rongar said:
Not any prisoner can be sold anywhere.

Lords are interested only in troops from thier or other factions (Lithuanian troops are non-factional). Price can be zero, that means honor or relation if you give enough prisoners.
Mines don't buy females.
Any prisoner can be sold only in Cherson.

But why nobody accepts bandits?
omg.
Cherson and mines should accept.

Salt mine did. Forest bandits at least.
 

shades_o_grey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
Holy cow!!! Some of the most beautiful armor I've seen in this game!!! Seriously, who gets the credit for the Rus and Mongol armor? Great job to both researchers and model makers. :grin:
 

Wellenbrecher

Trümmerfrau
Archduke
WBM&BVC
Somebody told me about this mod he thought was great.
"It's just a beta, so don't expect too much", he said.
"It need some polishing, it's a gem though", he said.
So I decided to try this mod he kept recommending. Started playing at 11:00 PM, just to test it real quick. Stopped a minute ago because I suddenly felt so tired.
****.. 4:00 AM  :lol:

I conclude: great stuff you did here! Textures, units, gameplay tweaks! If this is only beta, I'll gladly wait for the polished version.
Keep up the work, this is definitely one of the most promising projects around!


P.S.: I really like the voice acting, but it makes for some unintended funny moments for a native speaker. An enemy falling to the ground shouting "Ich brenne!" for example. This would translate to "I'm burning!" :wink:
And as Soil and some others pointed out a few pages back, some of the german troop names are a bit off, but nothing bad.
 

Lord Yung

Banned
NW
Higgings said:
Lord Yung:  You raises your speed on the map, by buying the horse food at shops and sometimes horse merchants.
It´s called something with O and i comes in bag like grain.  :smile:

I tried this but it only does like 0.2, 0.3 added to my speed....that's obviously not enough.
Anything else goes into modifying speed?
 

Ambalon

Marquis
Lord Yung said:
Higgings said:
Lord Yung:  You raises your speed on the map, by buying the horse food at shops and sometimes horse merchants.
It´s called something with O and i comes in bag like grain.  :smile:

I tried this but it only does like 0.2, 0.3 added to my speed....that's obviously not enough.
Anything else goes into modifying speed?
If you carry too much weight in the inventory (not the equipped... equipment) you will need to take some horses with you. And the less troops you have, or if you have more cabalry than infantry, I believe you get faster.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom