Rus: XIII Century (archive thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I just found the .505 version. I never noticed that there was a new version out until your reply. Thanks JoG :grin: and yes, I have noticed cattle have been fixed. Already day 100 and no cattle problems. Velikiy Novgorod was also finished. I'll try to record if I find any other places where spawns happen off the map.

This isn't a bug, just not sure what it meant:
Out of curiosity I visited Landmeister Hermann Von Balk in prison (at this point in the game I was still a merc, not allied to any faction, just at neutral with all of them). When I tried to talk with him, there were 3 console messages in red that popped up. It was something about party_..._release??? Does that mean if you're of a friendly faction you can break someone out of prison???

Edit: Oh and by the way, the visual difference between .4 and .5 is AMAZING. I LOOOOOVE the new textures, the view from inside the topfhelms kinda makes me sick to my stomach when using the lance but still very well done. The colors of the castles/bricks is also pretty awesome. Definitely looks much more vivid.

Selvhan said:
where can we get the .5 version and is it in english ? :smile:
It is. But it was the old release candidate that was not officially released to the Western community due to some nasty bugs. As far as I know, there will be the new version soon, where these bugs will be fixed. Just don't ask me when - I've read this information on the official mod forum.

JoG said:
Selvhan said:
where can we get the .5 version and is it in english ? :smile:
It is. But it was the old release candidate that was not officially released to the Western community due to some nasty bugs. As far as I know, there will be the new version soon, where these bugs will be fixed. Just don't ask me when - I've read this information on the official mod forum.
I assume the nasty bug you're referring to is people getting stuck in the rivers? And if you really want to check out the new version even with the nasty bug. Just use translate.google.com at the website for the official mod (hint: the link is in the signature of the very first post, and all of the RUS team's signatures).

aggietex84 said:
And if you really want to check out the new version even with the nasty bug. Just use translate.google.com at the website for the official mod (hint: the link is in the signature of the very first post, and all of the RUS team's signatures).
Better don't. New release is up to come, and you'll only waste your time starting a new game.

trueten said:
Better don't. New release is up to come, and you'll only waste your time starting a new game.
Yeah, today Damon wrote something about "tomorrow" on rusmnb :smile:.
However, I don't know whether he really ment "tomorrow" or just "in the nearest future".

good news - i have the book, and there are soooo many pictures with polish soldiers from XI-XIII :grin: now i'll try to send it to You

Evilknightz said:
Why exactly does this mod feel identical to Age of Blackpowder in all ways?  :neutral:

kVCny.jpg

Damon or JoG, I just saw on the russian forum that the "fast" installer is ready. Can you make sure to post a link somewhere here in the english forum?

Also three bugs I've found in .550
Colors:
  The generic topfhelm changes colors whenever repaired or upgraded. The danish doesn't change colors, nor does the one with black and gold cross over the mask, but the generic white one does. [I have no idea why but when I try to upgrade the white topfhlem to a lordly one, it reverts back to basic grey. From my experience none of the other helms including eisenhuts and norman helms have this bug.] Also, I believe you know about the mail with surcoat that does not show the heraldry, it only displays a white template.

Bandit Ambush:
  Two little bugs I've come across in being ambushed by OVER 800 MOUNTAIN BANDITS! lol, I rather enjoyed the fight and the maps for them are awesome; maybe a little too hard. However the bugs I've noticed are allies will join the fight, but will not engage. They sit in the spawn point and only defend themselves. Second, if you survive the first wave; all recurring waves the bandits imitate the behavior of allies. They all move to one of the two spawn points and then don't engage. You basically have to take the limited number of troops you have and charge a wall of 80 or so bandits. Or try to widdle them down solo. [Double check the ambush scripts and do a little fine tuning. Not sure if this is a bug, but mountain bandits can't retreat like other troops. After you've injured them and they walk to the corner of the map to retreat, they just sit there. This happens regardless if there is an enemy near them or not.

Hero Ally:
  I've solved the troop limit problem when sieging castles by giving troops to a companion hero and have them follow me. However, they don't follow the same behavior that lords that accompany do. If they see an enemy, they will take off and attack him but they don't leash back to you. For example, if they see a knight robber they will engage and chase him to the other side of the map. They don't come back to you if they get too far away. [If possible, add a ranged leash? Something that will force them to come back to you if they get over X distance away?] Not sure if this is possible, but it would greatly improve the standard AI if it could be added.

On a sidenote: I've explored some of the locations on the map like the mushroom forest and the stream. There still wasn't any text. Just a "To do" note for the developers. But I just wanted to say thanks for putting these areas in there. I'm sure they'll be interesting since the maps are pretty sweet.

aggietex84 said:
Damon or JoG, I just saw on the russian forum that the "fast" installer is ready. Can you make sure to post a link somewhere here in the english forum?
It's closed beta for testing purposes only. I'll post the link to public version here as soon as we'll get our sub-board. Or after getting refusal.

Also three bugs I've found in .550
Colors:
  The generic topfhelm changes colors whenever repaired or upgraded. The danish doesn't change colors, nor does the one with black and gold cross over the mask, but the generic white one does. [I have no idea why but when I try to upgrade the white topfhlem to a lordly one, it reverts back to basic grey. From my experience none of the other helms including eisenhuts and norman helms have this bug.] Also, I believe you know about the mail with surcoat that does not show the heraldry, it only displays a white template.
Thanks, this bug wasn't revealed yet. As for heraldic mail only Polish knights supposed to wear this but banner textures are too small to fit them properly. Looks like we'll have to create new heraldic armours from scratch. Hellova job=(

Bandit Ambush:
  Two little bugs I've come across in being ambushed by OVER 800 MOUNTAIN BANDITS! lol, I rather enjoyed the fight and the maps for them are awesome; maybe a little too hard. However the bugs I've noticed are allies will join the fight, but will not engage. They sit in the spawn point and only defend themselves. Second, if you survive the first wave; all recurring waves the bandits imitate the behavior of allies. They all move to one of the two spawn points and then don't engage. You basically have to take the limited number of troops you have and charge a wall of 80 or so bandits. Or try to widdle them down solo. [Double check the ambush scripts and do a little fine tuning. Not sure if this is a bug, but mountain bandits can't retreat like other troops. After you've injured them and they walk to the corner of the map to retreat, they just sit there. This happens regardless if there is an enemy near them or not.
Sizes of ambushing parties are linked with player's honour and renown. And thanks again for finding new bugs with ambush second wave and mountain bandits. We'll check this issue.

Hero Ally:
  I've solved the troop limit problem when sieging castles by giving troops to a companion hero and have them follow me. However, they don't follow the same behavior that lords that accompany do. If they see an enemy, they will take off and attack him but they don't leash back to you. For example, if they see a knight robber they will engage and chase him to the other side of the map. They don't come back to you if they get too far away. [If possible, add a ranged leash? Something that will force them to come back to you if they get over X distance away?] Not sure if this is possible, but it would greatly improve the standard AI if it could be added.
Maybe we'll implement rubik's "Better strategy AI" code. He made an excellent mod for controlling behaviour of ally AI. But not in the next version for sure (maybe as a small patch).

Damon said:
As for heraldic mail only Polish knights supposed to wear this but banner textures are too small to fit them properly. Looks like we'll have to create new heraldic armours from scratch. Hellova job=(
Decrease size of tableau mesh instead, to fit with flags. This does not affect resulting material resolution. You might need to reposition flag mesh too, if your new armors are radically different in uv-mapping from vanilla ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom