Resolved Ruler takes excessive fiefs and how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Apocal

Grandmaster Knight
Rulers in 1.4.1 and e1.4.2 take a very high number of fiefs. The easiest way to reproduce is to simply let a game play out and watch the number of ruler-held fiefs increase continuously.

One user ran through the applicable code and identified the almost-certain cause:
Ballot-Merit-Equation.png

Rulers have an advantage because of several factors. They are clan tier 6, which directly boosts their scores, but also allows them to keep larger parties which boosts their clan strength bonus. They also get the flat 100 point Ruler Bonus. They often lead the armies that besiege and capture fiefs. Finally, because the fief up for grabs is given to the ruler's clan initially, it is used as 1 of the 2 closest fiefs in the Distance Factor; and because the distance is 0, the average distance just becomes half their next closest fief's distance.

Another user tested it by using a minor fix mod:
I just made a small mod that fixes this, by changing default owner to capturer
C#:
private void OnSettlementOwnerChanged(Settlement settlement, bool openToClaim, Hero newOwner, Hero oldOwner, Hero capturerHero, ChangeOwnerOfSettlementAction.ChangeOwnerOfSettlementDetail detail)
{
if (settlement.IsFortification
&& newOwner != capturerHero
&& detail == ChangeOwnerOfSettlementAction.ChangeOwnerOfSettlementDetail.BySiege)
{
ChangeOwnerOfSettlementAction.ApplyBySiege(capturerHero, capturerHero, settlement);
}
}
And it really works! Other lords began to vote for me.

In summary, the fief should not be counted in the formula until after the election or else rulers will be given excessive power to get onto the voting ballot, then vote for themselves.

" Finally, because the fief up for grabs is given to the ruler's clan initially, it is used as 1 of the 2 closest fiefs in the Distance Factor; and because the distance is 0, the average distance just becomes half their next closest fief's distance. " that is an outright crap way to do it. But thankfully it seems easy enough to fix.

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom