SP - Battles & Sieges Roving reinforcement spawns

Users who are viewing this thread

The first issue is a straight-up bug: I've noticed in my last handful of battles that enemy troops are spawning both back in their original start position AND *behind* my lines if I move them up far enough. I tanked my last battle when I watched 20 or so AI troops spawn directly behind my shield wall - and this was roughly in the middle of the map (the hill+valley map specifically). This 1) shouldn't happen at all and 2) should be optimized for both sides: a start spawn position and, ideally, a system where that position gradually catches up to the main body of your army as you move across the field. No general in history kept their reserves so far away that they couldn't actually help their own army. I wonder if the devs have already tried to implement this, and it's this precise system that I'm falling victim to (e.g. the AI spawn point moved up, but my army is still there). Another bloke suggested an actual banner or marker to show spawn points and I wholeheartedly agree.

Related issue #2: when enemy troops spawn behind my lines, friendly AI in formation has a nasty habit of turning to face the troops behind them - at which point they get murdered by missiles. This also happens if enough enemy troops just charge straight through a formation - and it shouldn't. I have cavalry and archers for mop-up duty. My poor beleaguered Sturgians need to stay in that shield wall and that shield wall needs to face enemy missiles.

(issue #3 is intermittent for whatever reason, so I removed it)

Last edited:
Might I also suggest a start position that's farther back initially, as well. Love watching my dudes get murdered when they, too, spawn in the middle of enemy infantry because I moved back...

The first issue is a straight-up bug: I've noticed in my last handful of battles that enemy troops are spawning both back in their original start position AND *behind* my lines if I move them up far enough. I tanked my last battle when I watched 20 or so AI troops spawn directly behind my shield wall - and this was roughly in the middle of the map (the hill+valley map specifically). This 1) shouldn't happen at all and 2) should be optimized for both sides: a start spawn position and, ideally, a system where that position gradually catches up to the main body of your army as you move across the field. No general in history kept their reserves so far away that they couldn't actually help their own army. I wonder if the devs have already tried to implement this, and it's this precise system that I'm falling victim to (e.g. the AI spawn point moved up, but my army is still there). Another bloke suggested an actual banner or marker to show spawn points and I wholeheartedly agree.

Related issue #2: when enemy troops spawn behind my lines, friendly AI in formation has a nasty habit of turning to face the troops behind them - at which point they get murdered by missiles. This also happens if enough enemy troops just charge straight through a formation - and it shouldn't. I have cavalry and archers for mop-up duty. My poor beleaguered Sturgians need to stay in that shield wall and that shield wall needs to face enemy missiles.

(issue #3 is intermittent for whatever reason, so I removed it)
Having the same issue as you; stupid Battanians keep spawning behind my troops. Then, their archers shoot my infantry as soon as they turn around to fight the troops behind them.

Back
Top Bottom