[#]Rove's Mercenary Regiment[#]Inactive[#]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_blade

Sergeant at Arms
Rove's Mercenary Regiment
No man left behind, no enemy left standing. For gold, for glory, and for Gerrard Rove!

rr8uid.png

What the hell is Rove's Mercenary Regiment?

Rove's Mercenary Regiment are a group of mercenaries organized under Colonel Gerrard Rove. We operate under a new ranking system to fight under smaller units proven so effective in the New World.​
Rove's Mercenary Regiment are an independent group. An experienced group of soldiers having fought in several wars as mercenaries, notable the Austro-Russian-Turkish War under the Austrians, War of Jenkins' Ear under the British. A contract enacted by the Swedish in 1741 for the regiment to take part in the invasion of Russia to take the city of Vyborg. The regiment equipped itself in blue outfits stylized to match with the Swedish Army. Following the Swedish delay for war, failure of the Swedish military, as well as a failure to deliver payment to the regiment itself lead to it withdrawing from the orginal contract. Branded as deserters by the Swedish and see as generally untrustworthy by the major powers, the Regiment decided that work in Europe was no longer optimal. Keeping their uniforms, they boarded ships and sailed to the Americas, looking for work in a region rife with completing powers. With war comes gold for those smart enough to take it, and in the colonies war itself had changed. No more were men chosen simply for their ability to shoot straight and stand shoulder to shoulder. With combat being found smaller in scale, the regiment restructured their leadership and fighting style, taking small, flexible units proven so effective in this New World.

Ranking is based largely on time in the regiment and the maturity of the member. Officers will be chose based on leadership ability, ability to follow orders, and time spent in regiment.

Militia: Men fighting under the Regiment, but not actual members. Follows the same uniform as Cadets.
Cadet-Cdt: New Members, not proven as loyal to the Regiment yet. These men are treated the same as Regimental Militia but operating directly with the Regiment.

Private-Pte: Full members of the regiment, no longer cadets, but still regarded as new members.

Regular-Rgl: The main body of the regiment, these are men who are loyal to the regiment and respected as such.

Veteran-Vet: Veterans are exactly as the name implies, they have served with the Regiment for a long time, proving their loyalty as soldiers. They are respected as an officer, however they hold no authority.

Low Ranking Officers-Unit leaders within the regiment.

Corporal-Cpl: These are the lowest ranking officers. They serve as a second in command to Sergeants. They assist in operating the small units of the regiment and take command in the event that their sergeant is incapacitated. These members are also being tested for future command.

Sergeant-Sgt: Unit level officers, they command the smaller groups of infantry. These members show discipline, initiative, and a skill at command. Well respected, or ought to be, by the men under their command.

High Ranking Officers: Able to accept contracts as a regiment, these men run the regiment.

Captain-Capt: These officers are large unit commanders holding command of multiple squads. They operate directly under a Major.

Major-Maj: The highest ranking officer aside from Colonel. Senior officers overseeing squad training, officer training, and assisting in regimental management.

Colonel-Col: Undisputed leader of the regiment. Has ultimate decision on contracts.

Militia and Cadet: Gray Beret[In-game name is 'bonnet'], Grey Outfit, and Black Riding Boots
Regular: Blue Beret, Blue Outfit, Black Riding boots
Veteran: Black or Brown tricorne with wigs or Blue Beret, Blue Outfit, Black Riding Boots
Corporal and Sergeant: Blond wig of choice, Blue Outfit, Black Riding Boots
Captain, Major, and Colonel: White wig of choice, Blue Outfit, Black Riding Boots

Members are expected to follow all orders given by those in command without hesitation. If you die due to an officers failure, they will be at fault. Insubordination will not be tolerated. Insubordination will result in death by firing squad. Three consecutive breaches will result in a military tribunal.

Have fun, but do not ruin the fun for others. We may execute prisoners, destroy towns, but that does not mean you should 'troll' others.

Maturity is expected. This does not mean do not have fun nor that we will be strict in any extreme, but certain behavior is highly frowned upon. For example, you can cheer at a kill, but don't 't-bag' the body.

Uniforms are expected to be followed with the only exception being that of those operating as spies or assassins.

Follow the server rules, don't kill anyone but hostiles on sight, try to keep team hitting down, and if you get banned for breaking a server rule there is a chance you'll be kicked from the regiment.

Joining is simple. Fill out the following application and send it to Colonel Gerrard Rove on the forums here or post an application in the clan's steam 'discussions'. [Rovernic|Me]
Code:
~Name:
~Age:
~Country and timezone[GMT+/- __]:
~How often do you play?
~Steam name (login name)?:
~Have you read and agreed to the rules and regulations?:
~Do you have team speak(required) and a mic(optional for members. Required for officers)?:
~Where did you hear about the regiment?:
~Why do you want to join?:
~Extra comment?:

Colonel Gerrard Rove
Sergeant Dastian
Veteran Mako
Veteran Dom
Regular Eve
Private Rowan

Steam Group here

Teamspeak address: us1.ts.teamplay.hu
You will know which channel is ours.
--
Well hope this goes well, any comments, suggestions, tips, etc. will be appreciated.​

~#|News|#~

1/31/2014: Clan Inactive

Since I am still unable to play the mod (I get a crash every time I join a game. Uses up way too much ram.) the clan will remain inactive. If you have any questions, contact me.

News Archive

8/30/2013: Updates and News

Well the newest PF update has broken the game for me, and while I wait, and pray that Austro optimizes the code a bit to make it much less intensive (I can run PW on max settings, just for a reference) the clan will be in a suspended state. That being said, we will still accept applications and I fully expect to be active within the next month as I get together parts for a new PC.

In other news, we do have a teamspeak channel. I say channel because we are using a public teamspeak's permanent channel. This reduces costs, allows us to meet, and it works just as well as a paid server. The address is us1.ts.teamplay.hu Please be advised that our channel is permission protected so members will need an opperater to set their channel group to talk.

Also, feel free to play PW with us. It may even become an official group on there as well, though it would be Rove's Mercenary Company to fit the period.

~Rovernic

6/6/2013: Updates

The uniforms have been added to the main thread. Please abide by them, you will be reminded but showing up frequently out of uniform will be noticed.
Also, I'd like to welcome Regular Kittykat, a long time friend of mine. Being that I know him well, he has been granted one full rank promotion. I'd also like to welcome Private Rowan, bring out total members to 6. Keep it going guys! Hope to gather us all for an event when I get back from my vacation.

Important! I will be going on vacation for the next month. I would ask our members not to forget about the regiment, as activity will pick up after that time. Sergeant Dastian is permitted to hold small scale events, but any training/events are unofficial. You can still apply for membership, I promise to get back to that as soon as I return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom