Rome - scene in progress (Poll added)

How should the defense scene of Rome be handled?

• Using the civic scene - Mainly a street fight in the core of Rome, with player using a few holdouts

Votes: 180 62.7%
  • A separate scene - Player starts defense at a section of the Servian Wall. Maximized defensive poten

Votes: 107 37.3%

• Total voters

ealabor

Baron
WB
Best answers
                                                                          Rome, the eternal city

Developement thread for the upcoming scene of Rome, in work for the mod Crisis of the Third Century .

Arch of Triumph - Septimius Severus

Temple of Nerva

Tabularium

ealabor

Baron
WB
Best answers
Alright I think i've got some decent references, so i'll start on these props.

The scene location will be different from the previous one I did, which was based near the Tiber. So I think I will go with a location that is in the center of a couple of the hills.

Gugenot

Section Moderator
WBVC
Best answers
Hm, But what about scene props that are desplayed here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62577.0.html

Can't you use them? And I'm sure you used some references to make those...

Aenima

Sergeant
WB
Best answers
martijntjeeh said:
Oh boy, it's like your starting all over again :sad: well atleast the outcome will be veeeeeeeeeeeery nice!
I know how you feel man. To be honest I just hope I get to play this before going off to uni next year, since after that it'll all be work, work, work (aka drinking, sex, partying)

ealabor

Baron
WB
Best answers
trueten said:
Hm, But what about scene props that are desplayed here - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62577.0.html

Can't you use them? And I'm sure you used some references to make those...
Yeah those are a little underdetailed.

The basic shape will be implemented into new structures though.

Almalexia

Her Flamboyance, the Calipha
M&BWBNW
Best answers
Oooooh, very nice. Were you going to add some market stalls in there as well?

ealabor

Baron
WB
Best answers
Yeah there's still some items to be added to it when it goes into the scene, among which is a platform.

New buildings post #2

Mars250

Great work on those buildings!  :mrgreen: , also when you come to make the city pack as many buildings into the city as you can - because Rome at its peak had over 1 million people in it (although this is 268bc so i might be getting mixed up :grin:)

-Raven-

Veteran
Best answers
My favourite thing about this mod is how you guys are so enthusiastic about the scenes within the game :smile:
To actually emerge yourself in the game world and explore it is the most important thing in my opinion (Its why my favourite Non-Warband mod is The Wedding Dance lol)
Many Ancient Rome mods dont seem to care about scenes much so thats why this is the only one i really really like :razz:

Gud goin ^.^

Datver

Sergeant
Best answers
Looking great as always. I'm excited to see the finished screen shots but please take your time and don't burn yourself out.  :neutral:

Gugenot

Section Moderator
WBVC
Best answers
I like the dirty walls, not some shiny, clean and white one's. Makes them look more ancient and realistic. But I wonder how would they look ingame.

Fantastic work as usual.

Mars250

Great work on those! - they look like proper roman buildings (i love realism , which is why i cant wait for this mod!) :grin: