Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Seek n Destroy said:
Never got around paying attention to the courtship codes, now here's how to fix it:
It ain't a bug, it's a feature! Gesatorix was rejected by his peers a sought shelter in Syracuse where he met the man of his life  :grin:

So Strabo didn't lie! :shock:
AMAZING!

Some bugs I've noticed so far:

-Certain scenes (so far it seems like only Rome) have a random chance of tearing effects appearing when you decide to walk around the streets.
-Taverns are nice with all the musicians and sitters, but I've noticed that there's a tendency for Greek citizens to appear in Gallic taverns and Gallic citizens to appear in Greek taverns. Damn immigrants.
- The Greek signifier instruments seem to have no use in battle.
-All Celtic castles have native scenes (which you probably know about).

Besides that, absolutely great update.
New animations  are amazing, the new items are amazing, the new scenes are amazing (well it seems everything is amazing).
The fact that you respawn as one of your troops when you're knocked out in SP like in 1257 AD is also great.
New hamata looks really great ingame (except for when you look up their skirt and see the abyss, I AM NOT [AN?] ERASTES).
Nice improvisations with the native scenes for interiors.

Edit: Oh and I also like the new faces  :wink:

1- Occured to me once, never happened again so I couldn't begin to fix it, I just reloaded the scene (could be a faulty model)
2- Taverns are generally frequented by travellers, if you want to meet the populace just have a stroll in the streets  :lol:
3- Weren't meant to be used *yet*
4- They're not native and I know about them, I just had enough with bad scening

Seek n Destroy said:
1- Occured to me once, never happened again so I couldn't begin to fix it, I just reloaded the scene (could be a faulty model)
2- Taverns are generally frequented by travellers, if you want to meet the populace just have a stroll in the streets  :lol:
3- Weren't meant to be used *yet*
4- They're not native and I know about them, I just had enough with bad scening

Ah, alright. I've also noticed that a couple of Gallic weaponsmiths are selling shields no longer used by regular units. Also, a couple of the tavern keepers are still wearing the native woman clothing instead of the OSP clothing.

So, feedback time.

-Armour ratings are too high, It takes way too long to kill anything. A clan mate took 5 hits with a free principe armour, whille I used the gallic longsword. This was basicly a buff to elite classes.
- Left swing is unreliable, on long ranges it just misses, or bounces off. The only real way to use it is to facehug and spam.
- Horse HP/Armour is too high. Horses are still alive after getting hit multiple times and can take multiple jav/pila/gaseum before going down.
- The axes for the rassena axe men shouldn't have chrushthrough, they already have bonus against shield.
- I have already said I dislike the idle and running animations, so I hope for a optional download without them.

Other than that the items and new faction seems well made.

They running and idle animations dosen't have any effect on the game really. I just think they look out of place. The left swing on the other hand needs tweaking for the combat to remain good.

romicus said:
-Armour ratings are too high, It takes way too long to kill anything. A clan mate took 5 hits with a free principe armour, whille I used the gallic longsword. This was basicly a buff to elite classes.
- Left swing is unreliable, on long ranges it just misses, or bounces off. The only real way to use it is to facehug and spam.
- Horse HP/Armour is too high. Horses are still alive after getting hit multiple times and can take multiple jav/pila/gaseum before going down.
- The axes for the rassena axe men shouldn't have chrushthrough, they already have bonus against axe.
Agree with all. I might add that weapons seem to glance off people way more than before - personally I'm mostly concerned with the spear, and I feel that the overhead has been rendered quite ineffective (especially now that armour stats seem to have been turned up). Also, the new left swing animation was a good try, but it feels almost more spammy than before if even possible.

romicus said:
- I have already said I dislike the idle and running animations, so I hope for a optional download without them.
I like the general idea, and the shields seem to work fine (especially now that the Roman shields are held properly), but some of the running-animations are a bit off I'll agree (running around like a body-builder while having rather thin arms seems a bit silly).

It could be better if the elite classes would not get the armours for free, but had to pay for them. This would reward skill over who gets the elite class first and would nerf the elite classes quite well without making them useless.
Other possibility would be to buff the weapon damages, so that while elite classes do not die instantly, they would not be nigh-unkillable either. However, this would make light infantry near-useless and way too risky to be useful, if they do not get a buff, which leads into a vicious circle of buffing, and I doubt no one would want that.

Just a question: Where would one find those Carthaginian Mercenaries? Also, is it possible that any of the merchants might be selling Carthaginian armour?

That was what Rgcotl said but I never said I would make any, the idea of Carthaginian mercenary is ridiculous in my opinion, you might find one or two armors in the cheatmenu but I doubt I even balanced them since they were made.

True, I've never even heard of a Carthaginian typical warrior (besides their sacred bands), you always hear about all the mercenaries they used, but you never hear them as mercenaries I guess. So, those armors are just in limbo until Carthage gets added (if they will be added)?

I start a new game with raw 2.5, seems a good mod, I played it only some minutes for now and without battle.
The only bug I found is graphic about character:
http://fantu.eu/warband/screenshot/raw-screen1.png
I don't know if is texture problem linux related or generic of mod, I'll try further tomorrow.

This mod should be compatible with unix systems (linux/mac) or not have opengl shader and/or textures problems?
About case-sensitive my script found only the 2 textures with problem:
b_basilicasevulus_t3_BP.dds is used but with case sensitive problem
b_villasevulus5_t1_BP.dds is used but with case sensitive problem

Hope they will be fixed.

Here also a log with many warning like this:
rgl_post_warning_line: WARNING: Unable to find material new_body for mesh og_man_calf_r Loading Resource  object_meshes
http://fantu.eu/warband/rgl_log-RAW.txt

Testing system: ubuntu 12.04 updated with kernel and xorg backported from trusty, nvidia proprietary driver, latest warband from steam (1.167), other games installed are all working without problems (excluding other warband mods, mainly ACOK) high graphic quality and good performance.

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of Lords are spawning without armor or a shield. The reason for the armor issue is probably because they aren't strong enough to wear it, so it just goes in their inventory. The reason for the shield is because they don't have enough shield skill to use it. Either way, this makes talking to the consul of Rome very awkward.

I saw a script error in Capua, here the screenshot:
http://fantu.eu/warband/screenshot/raw-screen2.png

I did 2 battle without see bugs but on third warband crashed on loading/entering in battle map, I saw no warning/errors at end of logs.
Can be useful take a backtrace of crashes (with gdb) even if warband don't have debug symbols?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

Couldn't replicate the script error, it could be related to the Warband port because I had no errors on my side.
jkGCJ.jpg
mEv68.jpg

Probably don't happen always but is caused by other variables and/or something did before for example other other check/operation the game/mod did that cause inexpected case sometimes.
I don't have knowledge about the programming of these scripts so unfortunately I'm not able to help to solve it.

About crashes probably can be caused by something missed require on scene and/or textures loading and probably solves the warning for missing things in log I posted yesterday can be useful:
http://fantu.eu/warband/rgl_log-RAW.txt
If warband don't have good sanity check (in some case difficult and/or long to do) is very probable that missed files that try to load cause the warband process segfault.

Spawns in a map called The Road are too close to each other. As I palyed the latest patch the enemy spawns were next to ours. And we don't spawn to the actual road anymore, but the field next to it. If someone could fix it, it would be great. Awesome mod btw, keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom