Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

I have suggestion i have been talking to some people and we would like to see the Classical greece with the Corinthian helmets and breastplates those kind of things i now it probaly doesn't fit with your time frame but it would be awesome and thanks for great mod. :smile:

Holmgaardviking said:
Make all weapons deadlier, expecially spears, what is the point of being hoplites with spears when its barely working as it should :neutral:
This. I want it to be bloody.

I'd also love a large selection of spears - I know you might not be willing to release information of this manner anytime soon but in any case is there any idea for the variety of spears that will be available to Greek Hoplites in future patches? For example the Doru, Sarissa, etc. I'd love a shorter spear for example :grin:

Trust me, the Sarissa that they have is absolutely monolithic, and only useful in large groups.
I'm pretty sure they have some shorter spears as well.

As to whether or not they'll be included soon, not my place to say.

Give the celtic infantry there spears back....
and the horsemen the dolabra.
and please give them faster horses.

Cause now greek cav will win.
not cause of the range of thier weapon... But because of the speed of the horse.....

and the roman hunter, bring the speed back to 40-45.
not 50.

Because it is a heavy horse. Not light....

It is faster than a celtic courser....
sorry to say it. But this seems like bull**** to me....

Windbusche said:
Dolabra should NOT EVER be re added. Ever. To anything. Anything Celtic, atleast. Although +1 to Celt Horse Speed increase and spears.
why not?
Dolabra rules + than we have something to pown those damn falcatas with, witch are faster and stronger then all our other weapons....

Dion/Folcwar said:
and the roman hunter, bring the speed back to 40-45.
not 50.

Because it is a heavy horse. Not light....

It is faster than a celtic courser....
sorry to say it. But this seems like bull**** to me....
The Hunter only has 10 more armour and health than the Courser.
This is not like native where the Hunter has so much more HP.

I think in the next patch or so. The admin work should be alot more easier.
For example
  • Being able to slay someone.
  • Being able to us adminchat

TORN9000 said:
I think in the next patch or so. The admin work should be alot more easier.
For example
  • Being able to slay someone.
  • Being able to us adminchat
Yeah, it is very hard to host events as everyone would need to be spectator or they cant see my text.  Also being able to change people's teams would be great.

Also, for heaven's sakes, please give infantry spears. Not just celtic, but Romans aswell.

Yep, I'll be coding in some admin tools for the next version, as this has been brought up before. Thanks guys :smile:
Please post your balancing ideas like the spears in the 'General Balance Discussion' thread, to help keep things organised.
That way I can see all your opinions and ideas in one thread, rather than spread around the sub-forum :smile:
Thanks!

Also I'm very confused about the pila's and such. As it seems that everyone except legionaires can pick them up. And for historical accuracy the pila would bend on impact.
So I think make it so that everybody can pick them up. (Maybe that only legionaires can pick up pila's to heavy pila's). Or that no one can pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom