Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Please make it more balances greek weapons....
are faster
and stronger than all gallic....
longer too....

and sling 1 hit kill.... or 2.... but it is so frikking fast and acurate.... please balance it!

soullcath said:
Can we make a group on steam or something so we can get some servers going, its always empty when I check.
Hm. Good idea.
Wind, ta-ta! Do your work as the wanna-be moderator.

Windbusche said:
zemdu said:
have you thought of adding new spear animations?

for example, we at CH have a new spear + shield animation that lets you stab up and down
The only thing I dislike about that is that the upwards stab is always blunt damage, and a low amount of it, when in reality it looks like it would be MUCH more lethal.

I'd love to see TPPW's Hoplite Spear Animations (Only for the hoplite, if that's at all possible.)

I assume that is easy to fix, and it's simply that the alternative attack is kept stuck at the vanilla spear's blunt value for swinging. Judging from how I achieved a up and down stab, one was the thrust damage (the usual spear damage), and one is swing damage. So you just need to up the swing damage.

I think it's crucial to let them attack with the spear two directions, otherwise it becomes a much less viable weapon.

Sahran said:
Windbusche said:
zemdu said:
have you thought of adding new spear animations?

for example, we at CH have a new spear + shield animation that lets you stab up and down
The only thing I dislike about that is that the upwards stab is always blunt damage, and a low amount of it, when in reality it looks like it would be MUCH more lethal.

I'd love to see TPPW's Hoplite Spear Animations (Only for the hoplite, if that's at all possible.)
I assume that is easy to fix, and it's simply that the alternative attack is kept stuck at the vanilla spear's blunt value for swinging. Judging from how I achieved a up and down stab, one was the thrust damage (the usual spear damage), and one is swing damage. So you just need to up the swing damage.

I think it's crucial to let them attack with the spear two directions, otherwise it becomes a much less viable weapon.
I see, thank you for clarifying, I thought that that was hardcoded in and couldn't be changed, :wink:

Happy to help, though I'd warn I'm just speculating - I don't know how CH did it and am not familiar with what CH is, but I am assuming if the two attacks had two different values they did what I did in my OSP. The alternative is whatever Vikingr did, which I don't believe has different attack values (as the attack is the same direction, just switched via the X button from under to overhand)

Though that also makes me realize if we did the same method, that you guys will want to make a 1h spear held with no shield be unable to swing, just the usual thrust(s). Otherwise with the system CH(?) and I used you could have someone do the fast spear-swings with high thrust damage, which'd be silly.

The system in CH (Cursus Honorum) is the one from your kit (I'm refering to Sahran), and as you stated, without shield the best is to limit to thrust only. A minor setback for a major feature in my opinion. Even if I wish we could attack with one handed animations when using the spear without shield.

And I hope that you will fix some of the spelling mistakes such as "Babarian Cavalry", and I'd rather see it called Celtic Cavalry. Not game breaking but quite annoying to see in a mod were the is not much to read.

Seek n Destroy said:
The system in CH (Cursus Honorum) is the one from your kit (I'm refering to Sahran), and as you stated, without shield the best is to limit to thrust only. A minor setback for a major feature in my opinion. Even if I wish we could attack with one handed animations when using the spear without shield.

And I hope that you will fix some of the spelling mistakes such as "Babarian Cavalry", and I'd rather see it called Celtic Cavalry. Not game breaking but quite annoying to see in a mod were the is not much to read.

Aye. Rgcotl told me about this. We will happily change it to Celtic Cavalry. :wink:

Will the 'Celtic warrior' class be getting spears and javelins again as well? It's rather odd that they don't have any right now...

Back
Top Bottom