Rome at War: Suggestions/bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

wedding dance has the best chariots i ever tested in MB including warband, but as i can remeber author have been gone for quite a long time and as i understand he dont going to share it with us or anyone else.

dune has made an chariot OSP code, but i have tryed to test and even tweak it, but it looked awfull and almost imposibile to drive it and even after some practice you cant normally to play with it.

Perisno's elephants are quite good. What it does is place you on a box on an elephant, which works in a way. The downside is that visibility is non-existent, you constantly float through the floor of the box and using melee weapons is impossible.
Anyway there would be no real need for chariots based on the time period this mod chose, as they only really existed in warfare in the East and in Britain, AFAIK. Elephants, however, were used much more commonly (plus people would be screaming in your ears for elephants if Carthage was added).

I know you've not made your own map yet for SP, but just a suggestion for the future: good looking map icons for cities and towns (like Viking Conquest has, to be fair though that's a DLC). The current Celtic village map icons seem nice, as do the Roman map icons. However the Roman cities (like Praenaste) have more ''villa'' looking icons IMO.

yea i know SP map looks awfull
and all icons in it to including city icons
i remeber i have tryed to change players icons but for some unknown reason vertex animation havent worked in the game

so i decided to leave that area for future

Before I forgot! Campobasso was founded by the Langobardians so I suggest to replace it with Valvennius, name of an Oscan fortress in the neighborhood of Campobasso.
About Leonessa upon Biferno river the first attestation goes to XV century, and it was named Lagonessa, however there are a lot of necropolis in the area of Melfi and Potenza that can be used instead, e.g. Strapelum, the one nearest to Leonessa and the ideal candidate, but also Saepinum can fit the role well.

Regarding Genua, it is the same indoeuropean root of Ginevra (GENAUA) meaning the jaw and the knees, I will leave it as it is, because the finding of a fragment with the name KAINUAS in Etruscan Language doesn't convince myself...

I picked the "La langue Gauloise: grammaire, texte et glossaire par George Dottin" book and made the following changes some time ago:
Lugdunum -> Lougdounos
Bononia -> Bona
It's a bit extensive and overwhelming so I just recall spotting these two that needed correction.

XU2TT.jpg

Basically, trying to 'backhand' swing while mounted causes that lovely image.
Is this a Warband problem or is there something wrong with the mesh?

Germanic Celt said:
XU2TT.jpg

Basically, trying to 'backhand' swing while mounted causes that lovely image.
Is this a Warband problem or is there something wrong with the mesh?

well i havent touched man on horse animations exept the one wih xyston, but warbad as i remeber works in this way that it force using just the uper body and at the moment i can`t say exactly could or couldnt those animations be fixed

recently we were able to change hardcoded defence animations so there is always a hope that we will find the way if we dig enought

Just a quick question regarding the name: What happened to changing it to Vae Victis (not saying I don't like RaW, but Vae Victis sounds cooler IMO)?

there is another mod for Rome 2 total war who has that name too :roll:
This one, RaW, is much better, because it's more general, maybe when Carthago will be added, the Punic Wars will fit more the mod setting reffering to the most important conflict of the age...

Ah, that's rather disappointing. I like RaW, and I agree with EFREM's argument. However, I've seen it said before; it makes the mod seem centralised on Rome.

Germanic Celt said:
Ah, that's rather disappointing. I like RaW, and I agree with EFREM's argument. However, I've seen it said before; it makes the mod seem centralised on Rome.

that was in the first place why we wanted to change the name

but to be honest we havent found anything better
and vae victis is already taken

This was probably reported before, but just in case:
nNIN8.jpg
This 'lady' is a vassal for Syracuse, so I have a feeling some Gaul got married to a male lord of Syracuse, and became a vassal.

Never got around paying attention to the courtship codes, now here's how to fix it:
It ain't a bug, it's a feature! Gesatorix was rejected by his peers a sought shelter in Syracuse where he met the man of his life  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom