SP Antiquity Roman Republic Army beta v2.1 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Eagle114th

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I am releasing this beta for public to beta test while enjoying this mod for now while I will be busy working on hellentic army while tweaking more of Dacian's army.

Here are following of changes and new features that are included in Roman Republic Army beta v2.1:

1) Completely new army system of Vaegir while being converted into Roman army. ALl of Roman army's name are renamed into roman's name and language instead of english. Thank to okiN for suggesting me about this part of my Roman Republic army.

2) Added Gladiators and changed army of Vaegir's Deserter into Roman rebels army, and be warned, these army are very dangerous! They are filled with Gladitors and hastati, so be careful! You will need strong army of Princepes or higher to be able to withstand their army.

3) New weapons avaible for Smith: Gladius (with new animations of stabbing only weapons), Roman spear (replaced old spear shape with new one, and they look like real roman spear now), and finaly, Falx (Very poweful, anti-armour weapons and will kill single warrior in single strike but require alot of strength and time to do Falxman's way of wedging Falxman).

4) Dark rider changed into Dacian factors. These units are not recruitable until new stablized version of Mount and Blade come out with an official mod tools. Swadian will soon be replaced with Greek's hellentic army.

5) Gladiators from previous beta are nerfed down a bit, and hopefully they are better than before.

6) Turned whole of arena's training weaopns into lethal of living weapons to give you a bit feeling of Gladiators. Author of huge mod and I are looking into this codes of zender to see if we can turn these arena into Gladitors features in future release.

However, gladiators are also avaible to be recruited, but you must upgrade them from townwatcher to elite levels where you'll have an option to upgrade them into Gladiatos.

7) Roman and Dacian war party have been heavily tweaked to have army that are close to real army used by Roman and Dacian as possible.

And for your own informations, I have left name of roman army as roman_(name of army) for now due ot beta testing reasons and in next release, all of these letters of 'Roman' will be removed and leave actual name of army.

Installations intructions:

1) First you must install Mount and Blade.
2) Install Huge mod v2.0
3) Install Mag. 7 mod
4) Back up your native folder and rename it to different folder name.
5) Drop my new Native folder into mods folder from Mount and Blade's main folder

Feedbacks will be truly appericated, along with any of idea/suggetions of new features for next versions of Roman republic army beta v3.0.

Download Roman Republic army v2.1 at this link below:

http://rapidshare.de/files/5445468/Roman_pre-marius_army_style_mod.rar.html

ENJOY!

Eagle out...

You should make clear that you need to start a new game. This looks like mag-7 v.15 and if someone tried to continue a .16 or .17 game after installing this, it will crash.

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention about starting a new game, thank for reminding me of that!

You guys will be REQUIRED TO START A NEW GAME, in order, to have mod take effect on your game. If you have mag. 16 or later and try to reload saved game, you wil CTD unless you start a new game.

Thank to Ancientwanker for pointing me to that!

Eagle out...

It seems I have it working. I dont get why Vaegirs are the Romans, it would seem more logical to make Swadians them and make Vaegir barbarian tribes (Germany, Gaul, etc..). Also, the names Swadian and Vaegir stick for towns (not sure if this is intentional), and that kills a part of it :sad:

Also, I have some armor from this LOTR mod I played a long time ago in M&B, but I've uninstalled and deleted the folder many times and it is still there o_O

Waylander918 said:
It seems I have it working. I dont get why Vaegirs are the Romans, it would seem more logical to make Swadians them and make Vaegir barbarian tribes (Germany, Gaul, etc..). Also, the names Swadian and Vaegir stick for towns (not sure if this is intentional), and that kills a part of it :sad:

Why? The base sides of the game are just what they are. Base. The style and preference of either side doesn't matter if you attempting to choose one...So you can edit the *()@! out of it.

And last time I checked. We are unable to change the town names as of yet with our limited amount of experiance and modification tools.

But I am 14. 14 makes me ignorant and have the inability to aquire the patience required to search the whole forum in order to see if my information is correct.

Acually it is posible to change names of towns. I don't remember how axcactly but it has somthing to dop with the towns file, I think you can even change the locations of towns, But I'm not sure. It was for my LoTR mod. Im 15. 15 makes me smart and notignorant. :razz:
mountblade2005-09-2411-34-43-18.jpg

Fluffy The Hamster said:
Waylander918 said:

Why? The base sides of the game are just what they are. Base. The style and preference of either side doesn't matter if you attempting to choose one...So you can edit the *()@! out of it.

And last time I checked. We are unable to change the town names as of yet with our limited amount of experiance and modification tools.

But I am 14. 14 makes me ignorant and have the inability to aquire the patience required to search the whole forum in order to see if my information is correct.

because the vaegirs look more barbarian perhaps?
but of course... im 29. 29 makes me smart and experienced i guess...

and another thing... i just played this mod... and found a rusty gladius... 72points piercing damage!!! WTF?!?!?!?!!

come on now... try to keep the weapons in the range of the other ones in the game... thats almost twice the damage of a doublesided axe!!!

Yeah, he's gone overboard with the new weapons. The unit advancement is also bugged and the gladiators are still crazy, I haven't run into any Dacians yet so I can't even imagine what they're like.

i had great fun playing it atually. The gladius sword is good. Fast short and damaging. Just need tweaking slightly.

Yoshiboy, yeah, it's good. Too good. And about it being short, if you check the stats you'll see it actually has reach 100, almost as much as a longsword. :smile:

I sent Eagle a PM with some suggestions in it, but I'll post them here as well so the rest of you can comment on them. Here they are:

okiN said:
Ok, I've tried new version and there are still lots of issues. First of all the unit structure is messed up. It should be:

velite --> hastatus --> principe --> triarius --> eques

but at the moment it's

peasant --> velite --> hastatus (Or veteran velite) --> principe

It's currently impossible to develop troops into triarii or equites and the peasant class that was supposed to be deleted is still in the game. At some towns you can hire peasants and velites, at others you can hire velites and hastati. You need to remove the peasant unit entirely and make it so that velites and hastati are available in all Roman cities.

Another problem is with the new weapons: you still haven't added the swing attack for the gladius even though it was historically used for both thrusting and slashing. Also, the Gladius was a short sword but you've made it almost as long as a longsword, and the damage you've given it is insane. Here's what I think a reasonable Gladius would be like: swing attack 26 cutting damage, thrusting attack 24 piercing damage, range 70 and speed 110. The pilum is also too good: give it 45 piercing damage, speed 87 and a bonus vs. shields. The falx should have a swing attack but do piercing damage, its range is too long and it's too slow. It should be like this: Swing attack 32 piercing damage, reach 120, speed 78 and a bonus vs. shields. The Roman spear should be renamed, it should be called a Hasta. The stats for it are otherwise fine but I think the speed should be taken down to 78.

This brings us to the gladiators. It's a nice idea to have escaped slaves instead of deserters, but they should be done realistically as well. Like I said, Gladiators weren't superhuman fighters, and after going against them again I think they need to be nerfed even further (They cut my principes and triarii apart without any trouble). Make them level 15 and give them lots of different kinds of equipment, not just the Roman gear (But no crossbows, obviously). Don't give them any weapon skills over 115 and make their skills like this: 3 ironskin, 3 power strike, 2 power throw, 2 power draw, 3 weapon master, 2 shield, 3 athletics. Also, even though they weren't given much armor in the arena, that doesn't mean they wouldn't use it on the outside. Give them padded cloths, padded leathers, leather jerkins and mail hauberks, leg armor of leather boots or less and head armor of segmented helmets or less. After that I think they'll be fine.

As for the Roman troops, I've been doing some thinking and I've made a new suggestion list for you. It's like this:

Velite: Skullcap, coarse tunic, wrapping boots, javelin, gladius, wooden shield. Level 9, weapon skills up to 70, combat skills up to 1, athletics 1, advances into veteran velite or hastatus.

Veteran velite: Nasal helmet, leather vest, hide boots, jarid, gladius, round shield. Level 14, weapon skills up to 100, combat skills up to 3, athletics 2, doesn't advance.

Hastatus: Segmented helmet, padded cloth or leather jerkin, leather boots, pilum, gladius, large shield. Level 12, weapon skills up to 90, combat skills up to 2, athletics 2, advances into principe.

Principe: Segmented helmet, mail hauberk, leather boots, pilum, gladius, battle shield. Level 15, weapon skills up to 110, combat skills up to 3, athletics 3, advances into triarius.

Triarius: Segmented helmet, mail hauberk, leather boots, hasta, war shield. Level 18, weapon skills up to 130, combat skills up to 4, athletics 4, advances into eques.

Eques: Helmet with neckguard, lamellar cuirass, splinted greaves, hasta, kite shield, hunter horse. Level 21, weapon skills up to 140, combat skills up to 4, athletics 4, riding 4, doesn't advance.

Centurion (Leads patrols): Helmet with neckguard, mail hauberk, leather boots, gladius, war shield. Level 20, weapon skills up to 150, combat skills up to 4, athletics 4, doesn't advance.

Captain (Leads war parties): Helmet with neckguard, lamellar cuirass, splinted greaves, gladius, kite shield, hunter horse. Level 23, weapon skills up to 150, combat skills up to 4, athletics 4, riding 4, doesn't advance.

Agree? Disagree? Further, unrelated ideas for improvement?

Isn't Centurion Level 20 a bit low? They should be a bit harder to kill. Level 20 with proficiency 150 is like Champion Fighter in Arena.

Otherwise, that's fine to me.

Well, I don't really like the idea of commanders being much better than regular soldiers and killing them by the dozen. 20 points of weapon proficiency is quite a significant difference, IMO, but it's a point of taste.

i think thats more or less perfect okin. i just want to do some re-skins to make this more really look impressive :razz:

Back
Top Bottom