Roman era mods

Users who are viewing this thread

MazZ

Sergeant
Hey

I'm making this thread because I find it very confusing of which Roman mod is actually the most active and most promising.
It used to be only Mount and Gladius, but now suddenly the Roman mod community has split in three or something ?

Maybe a bit of a "smokers dream" , but at some point I hope the developers of these mods decide to work together and make one mod instead of ripping the community (which is allready fairly small) in three.

Romae Bellum (is played mostly sp, but has a mp) :
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,318.0.html

Mount and Gladius (is a reboot of somekind?):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,268.0.html

Rome at War (is the Rome mod that succeeds m&g, but now suddenly m&g is back ?):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,307.0.html

There is a reason to be confused, don't worry. It generally seems to be the same group of 'developers' whom enjoy running around from A to B with no real sense of purpose or direction. It's fun to revive something; none of them see it to the end.

Romae Beellum will...... has active development everyday.... so.... shhhhh xD
Just that my grafics are low as..... so previews look ugly so I just show previews when I have actually cool stuff to show, instead of troops on low quality

also, the 3 will never work together, they are set in diffrent times, and the plans of all 3 are diffrent.

RaW is in my Opinion more greek fighting,
Mount & Gladius is the roman fighting.
and Romae bellum is more focused on barbarians.

also let me do some explaining on what actually happend,

Mount&Gladius decided to merge with RaW, at first it seemed fine, but then the mod took a complete new direction, wich is not bad, but in my Opinion not fun, so I went on to my own mod, wich  was already developing for some time, Romae Bellum, it is still in alpha and scenes new items and all that are being made at the moment, then a friend of me, scipio wanted to revive Mount & Gladius because it used to be very fun, and thats basiccly how there are 3 roman mods right now.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
There is a reason to be confused, don't worry. It generally seems to be the same group of 'developers' whom enjoy running around from A to B with no real sense of purpose or direction. It's fun to revive something; none of them see it to the end.
well, I work on 2 of these, but in MnG I just help with the coding.
while Romae Bellum is my own Project, and I have nothing to do with RaW at all.

so what you said is basicly no right at all.
+ running around....?

Romae Beellum will...... has active development everyday.... so.... shhhhh xD

I'm pretty sure you are doing your best, after all you do it in your free time and I appreciate that!
In terms of active I ment more like the multiplayer community though. When I press multiplayer on either of the three mods I usually find noone (with the excepion of RaW from time to time) to play with :sad:

Just that my grafics are low as..... so previews look ugly so I just show previews when I have actually cool stuff to show, instead of troops on low quality

For me graphics don't matter that much in the sence that they don't have to be better then the graphics of native.
As long as I can recognize the romans and those dirty gauls and whatnot I enjoy it :smile:

I also love the work you and your team allready put in the SP, I really like the concept. But will wait some more to play it further because I still notice a lot of bugs (no offence intended)
(love the lotr song :p)

also, the 3 will never work together, they are set in diffrent times, and the plans of all 3 are diffrent.

Saddly enough you're probably right.

I am not here to suggest anything, :razz:

Rome at War has cool items and a good team gameplay,(wich I find not as fun because ye....)
Mount & Gladius it was fun 6 months ago, thn it merged, I helped on the revival, but It will never be as good
Romae Bellum, The mp knows some un balanced stuff, and is rather fast. the sp is big, but not nearly finished.

Back
Top Bottom