Resolved Rolling Back from Beta build 1.1 to Main build 1.0.10

Users who are viewing this thread

I am attempting to roll back my beta build 1.1 to the main steam build 1.0.10. However, when I opt out of the beta and it reverts back it has issues. Specifically, I am able to launch the game (in the 1.0.10 patch) and get to the main menu. Once I hit the "Resume Game" option the game freezes. Any assistance or insight on this matter would be appreciated. In the mean time I am able to opt back into the beta 1.1 and the game runs normally. My only worry is that the multiplayer being sparce to find a match in the beta.

Same thing happened to me. I opted back in to e1.1.0 and could load again. It seems that the changes between e1.0.10 and e1.1.0 are so major you might need to do a fresh install after downgrading to be sure. I had to start a new character but with the improvements at least it feels worth it.

Same thing happened to me. I opted back in to e1.1.0 and could load again. It seems that the changes between e1.0.10 and e1.1.0 are so major you might need to do a fresh install after downgrading to be sure. I had to start a new character but with the improvements at least it feels worth it.

finally i found solution!! you should delete beta save files and e.1.0.10 load crash problem will disappear. (dont forget steamcloud deactive)

finally i found solution!! you should delete beta save files and e.1.0.10 load crash problem will disappear. (dont forget steamcloud deactive)
Indeed, as I suggested above you need to delete your files that are under the 1.1 beta. If you try to resume in 1.0.10 with 1.1 save files present the game will crash.

You don't need to do a fresh install (although if you wish to do so there is nothing wrong). I have switched back and fourth and as long as the beta saves are removed the switch is seamless (granted I also go a bit overkill whenever I opt into betas and make an absurd amount of previous version backups). However, if I am not mistaken you are not able to downgrade any file back to a prior version. You can only go forward (ex 1.0.10 to 1.1).

So I can't use my e.1.1.0 save files to my e.1.0.10 game? Btw, why are use go back to 1.0.10? I thought the optimize in e.1.1.0 is better than 1.0.10 ?

So I can't use my e.1.1.0 save files to my e.1.0.10 game? Btw, why are use go back to 1.0.10? I thought the optimize in e.1.1.0 is better than 1.0.10 ?
You can't use newer files in an older version, just doesn't work like that. Simply put there are a plethora of variables that were changed on the character level that make the saves incompatible. You can only bring them forward. I rolled back to a save that I intentionally backed up in the case something went wrong. I rolled backed because I wanted to make sure I got the optimal multiplayer experience (more people on the main build than the beta).

Back
Top Bottom