Roguery

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone. I created a new company for "Bandit" and during the game I was very disappointed.

1) The skill "Rogue" is VERY difficult to pump. I was constantly robbing caravans and villages, selling prisoners, but by the age of 30, my character was only able to upgrade this skill to 125.

2) Please take note of the offer to open up the possibility of trading in hostile cities if I enter there secretly. And it will even be a "Black Market". When you are at war with all the factions, there is no way to sell the loot.

3) How long to wait for the promised mechanics of interaction with the leaders of urban gangs?

4) I saw that this problem has already been written about: the caravans have the most guards-shooters. And all my raiding rabble are killed by arrows and bolts, trying to kill a few riders.
5) Unlike caravans and lords, it is not profitable to plunder villages in most cases. Mining is either expensive, but it is very small, or there is a lot of it, but it is cheap. In the best case, I will get 1000-1500 dinars, but all this money will go to pay for the squad, because a small squad will not rob the village

I am from Russia and use a translator, but I hope that the general meaning is clear)

Last edited:
I'd love to discuss roguery with you but I can't even identify the language used in your post. Am I browsing the wrong forum?

I'd love to discuss roguery with you but I can't even identify the language used in your post. Am I browsing the wrong forum?
Initially, the text was in English, but then I edited one item and for some reason the text became in Russian. I will now deal with this and write again in English) Sorry)

Initially, the text was in English, but then I edited one item and for some reason the text became in Russian. I will now deal with this and write again in English) Sorry)
Are you using Chrome and its translation features while browsing by any chance?

Many have manifested interest in playing a bandit or a bandit leader. While there are some banditry elements currently implemented in Bannerlord (mainly related to the Roguery skill tree), it's far from enough to warrant a full bandit playthrough. As you noticed, full banditry is not sustainable. I'm not sure whether TaleWorlds has plans to invest in complete Banditry as an alternative. It might not, since the main quest, around which much of the game seems to revolve, is about you leading a kingdom (either as a champion or as the king) towards "world domination" (either unifying or destroying the Empire in the process). I'm sure once the game is fully released and updates become less frequent and less impactful, fatter mods will starting coming out. If TaleWorlds does a good job with the mod tools, there's much fun to be had for quite some time in the future.

Many have manifested interest in playing a bandit or a bandit leader. While there are some banditry elements currently implemented in Bannerlord (mainly related to the Roguery skill tree), it's far from enough to warrant a full bandit playthrough.
I understand that now there are more important things than to fully work out the life of a criminal, but you need to at least review the "Rogue" skill so that the pumping is faster, I saw many complaints about this skill on the Russian-language forum, but the game developers do not go there, and for some reason I did not see any complaints here)

I understand that now there are more important things than to fully work out the life of a criminal, but you need to at least review the "Rogue" skill so that the pumping is faster, I saw many complaints about this skill on the Russian-language forum, but the game developers do not go there, and for some reason I did not see any complaints here)
There have been complaints here:

Try to allocate all skill points to Roguerie,and get companions with a higher rogue level to. You can be a great bandit but aren't much to do, you can't even own a bandit hideout unless you use some mods.

For me i'ts not difficult, it's slow though, I have play 500+ days and Rogue only go up to 100
I noticed every time I sell the looted equipment in City, I get some Rogue points, just 1 or 2 points

I almost never rob the caveran , bec you will drop relationship with the merchant in city or village,

I was actually going to start a thread on this very topic. After the latest patch has now gone native, I wanted to give roguery another go and try to raid some caravans. It is not even remotely profitable to do it, so don't. I have max focus points and am only lvl 65, but only get around 100 xp for raiding one caravan. That alone should be unacceptable. It's a few hundred for attacking villager parties. Caravans are a tough target and the losses far outweigh the gains, and it would take thousands of caravans to make any headway in leveling roguery.
Also, you can attack gangs in the cities and raise the relations with the other notables, but nothing beyond that. Where is the depth? There needs to be something more I can do beyond stomping on thugs in the city only for them to come right back.

I have max focus points and am only lvl 65, but only get around 100 xp for raiding one caravan.
I haven't played 1.5.8 yet, but I haven't seen any changes related to this skill in the list. It's a pity, because it can be corrected with just a couple of lines of code(

@Tragern: it was in the most recent patch that went live. I don't beta run the patches, so I think native is 1.5.7 right now. Anyways, it's definitely there but it's such a trickle of xp that it's not worth anyones time. I'll probably just wait for mods to become available through steam and I'll get one that fixes the xp grind.

@Tragern: it was in the most recent patch that went live. I don't beta run the patches, so I think native is 1.5.7 right now. Anyways, it's definitely there but it's such a trickle of xp that it's not worth anyones time. I'll probably just wait for mods to become available through steam and I'll get one that fixes the xp grind.
I believe tweaking skill progression rate was/is one of the main features of the Bannerlord Tweaks mod. I haven't seen anybody saying skills progress too fast or even just right. Many people are of the opinion some skills (like Leadership outside of leading an army, Tactics and Athletics) progress too slowly.

Roguery at the moment does level up at an incredibly lethargic pace even with the changes in the recent patch to grant more experience. It remains at a trickle. I guess they don't want players getting that sweet sweet loot :razz: Because the remaining skills aren't that impressive that they that much of a high bar to climb over

Meanwhile Stewardship is incredibly easy to level up and arguably provides a lot more useful benefits. So it is weird that Roguery takes so much effort for so little reward.

Absolutely agree! I burn 100+ towns ransom 40k Khuzaits and get 200 roguery. They need to speed up it!

Thats a rlly good skill cuz your bandits get +20% xp, -20% wage, -50% consume food, +2% attack. Also +2%1h swords and+2%2h for all troops. I collect Forest bandits +Sea raider chiefs and they good

And don't forget that raiding caravans and villages destroys your relations with the notables you need to get troops from, so you're totally shooting yourself in the foot just to gain a few pennies and a couple xp.

The way Roguery should work is as a tempting source of easy money, which if you get too greedy and abuse it, it'll screw you over later on when nobody wants to deal with you. Raiding a village should be the most lucrative thing you can do, since the long term penalties are pretty big. And the roguery perks should be focused around countering those penalties, like letting you bribe the notables to forget about the raid, or raid in disguise so nobody finds out it was you.

And don't forget that raiding caravans and villages destroys your relations with the notables you need to get troops from, so you're totally shooting yourself in the foot just to gain a few pennies and a couple xp.

The way Roguery should work is as a tempting source of easy money, which if you get too greedy and abuse it, it'll screw you over later on when nobody wants to deal with you. Raiding a village should be the most lucrative thing you can do, since the long term penalties are pretty big. And the roguery perks should be focused around countering those penalties, like letting you bribe the notables to forget about the raid, or raid in disguise so nobody finds out it was you.
You can raid Khuzait willages only.

There is so much more they could do with Roguery but it feels almost abandoned. The videos they had earlier showing you taking over gangs in the cities I think got a lot of people excited but it doesn't seem to have worked out the way TW was thinking.

They could add a few things like being aligned with a group like privateers, taking over bandit hideouts or trading with them and the gangs in the cities. Being able to sneak into cities and sell to the gangs should be a no brainer for Rogue characters.

Smuggling should also be added, starting caravans which are special for they smuggle goods into hostile cities, or sell weapons, or stolen goods.

I am really hoping TW has a bigger dream for Roguery but just hasn't had a chance to do anything about it because it isn't a high priority. Maybe we will get a Nord Invasion DLC which introduces boats and greatly expands the raiding and Roguery side of the game.

Back
Top Bottom