SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Roguery: Prison Breaks yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

ThorheimAP

Recruit
I really doing love this. Excellent way of getting Roguery skills and charm! So sitting on 200 Roguery after 2 years ingame. However... the whole Roguery overall seems lackluster:

Raiding: Seems pretty meh still and generally not worth it. Sure it disrupts and screws up Town but it's high risk and not really good rewards. If we look back at Warband, raiding could give you LOTS of cash. It's pretty meager in comparisson. The Force Settlement to give you Recruits is fun. You get recruits and get to fight a semi-fun battle. Would be nice if that would give the raiding more money, loot and be done faster.
I feel you really want to be rewarded for doing a rather dangerous thing, since if a lord comes along to kill you, you are very much slowed and there is a huge chance of them attacking you, specificly in the low levels. Maybe I just want to run around with 60 sturgian vikings, raid, pilliage, drink mead and what not?

Rougery... should have more inpact on the game overall? I am thinking Assassinations, Distrubting a Town through poisioning the water/food stocks and generally undermine them. Incite rebellions just for you to swipe the city from X faction etc. Maybe quests that need to have a certain level in roguery to even be able to take, maybe correlated to a skill?

Assassination skill? Get a % to not get negative relationships with the world for Executing lords? Maybe not even be noticed.
Poisining the Well quest? Undermining the citys water and general food stuff leading to a drop of garrison and militia troops and lowering the Loyalty a bit?
Incite Rebellion quest? Charm+Roguery idea about you going into a city and actually fight a rebellion, previously you have been spreading propaganda that the Lord's mother is actually a hellspawned mule (or something). So you can take a city with the pure awesomeness of your voice and trickery... more or less.

Extortion? The idea that you can threath and subverse Notables in towns (the recruitment guys) to give you money through... well extortion. Maybe some correlation with your relationship with Ganglords in cities?
Theivery & Blockade: actually be able to steal food and equiptment form armies and towns. This would undermine an enemy army's of it's food supply when marching and besieging. The equiptment can come in "oh were did all our horses go... and arrows.. and shields.. eh?" if you catch my drift. Maybe some personal skill that let you steal equpitment from Lords. "I like your pants..." <- and then the rogue stole the lord's pants without him noticing... while he still had them on (classical RPG ref).

And of course Your Bandit Camp.
To create your own hide outs to sell, stock etc. Not castle style, but to sit and work in the underworld with quest as the above ones. Maybe at some certain criminal rating lords will actually attack your camp (if they can find it). High risk, high reward for you if you set it close to a town you want to take. (Yes I want to be a Bandit King).

And overall maybe look over the Bandit troop tree. Looters should be able to become mountain/forest/sea raider bandits. And maybe add more elite bandit units to be upgraded, to be proper. (No I dont want to run around with Battanian Fian Champions and sturgian imperial soldiers and cav).
Well... I got more ideas, but time for work.

Back
Top Bottom