ROCK Question and Answer Thread : Current

Users who are viewing this thread

Also, I'm interested in editing the castle GK has in control. Do I have to wait till after ROCK starts before I can make any changes to the map; like upgrades for example? Or am I allowed to add details and etcetra to it before it starts?

Slytacular said:
Mad Dawg said:
Slytacular said:
Stupid question-

Are the battles being fought require all the clans to participate in? Or are the battles fought by whomever the invaders are, and what clan the defenders are?
No stupid questions, this can easily get confusing/misleading.

Engagements will only involve the lordships that have armies on that square.  So only until you engage or defend will you need to schedule and fight a match. 
Of course you could always join an ally in one of their fights, and that was truly an intention since the early development.  Making only two factions and everyone being allied from the start allows for bigger and better battles so "Teamwork" was one of the founding principles.

Keep the questions coming.

So in ROCK, are you hoping that before an invasion force begins, every clan could send out so many troops (like a 150) to a location so that we can all participate in a fight?
The only time you can split an army is per the "Lordship>Lordship Armies" section in the ruleset.  So to join an ally in an engagement you will need to move an army into that square and engage with them.

Slytacular said:
Also, I'm interested in editing the castle GK has in control. Do I have to wait till after ROCK starts before I can make any changes to the map; like upgrades for example? Or am I allowed to add details and etcetra to it before it starts?
Yes, you are free to begin scening utilizing the "Lordship Scening" guidelines in the ruleset.  If, that is something you enjoy, you can also offer to scene for your allies.

In addition a "Scening Howto" thread is inbound this weekend to specify spawns and more general guidelines for the scening.

Outlawed said:
OOC: How can KoA declare garrison after TMW declares a siege order, shouldn't it be a standard engagement?

Removed and posted here.

TMW moved and besieged Telhrog Castle.  Officially KoA was in the field in which TMW would have made an "Engage" declaration as they cannot move into a square occupied by a non-garrisonned army.  It's possible they thought the army there was automatically garrisonned.

KoA's intention was to not fight in the field and fall back to their castle, which was fully within their power.  So the semantics are off a bit but the end result is the same.

Mad Dawg said:
Outlawed said:
OOC: How can KoA declare garrison after TMW declares a siege order, shouldn't it be a standard engagement?

Removed and posted here.

TMW moved and besieged Telhrog Castle.  Officially KoA was in the field in which TMW would have made an "Engage" declaration as they cannot move into a square occupied by a non-garrisonned army. It's possible they thought the army there was automatically garrisonned.

KoA's intention was to not fight in the field and fall back to their castle, which was fully within their power.  So the semantics are off a bit but the end result is the same.
Indeed.
Thanks for the clarification.

So, major question of major importance.

Lets take the situation now.

Balions and KoA moved from G-14 to H-13 together and declared an engage.
Lets say for argument's sake that Ra's army at G-10 declares a siege at Sargoth.
If Balions and KoA lose the field battle, are they still allowed to re-enter Sargoth if they call a retreat? If so, would they have to battle the army station there already, or what?

Outlawed said:
So, major question of major importance.

Lets take the situation now.

Balions and KoA moved from G-14 to H-13 together and declared an engage.
Lets say for argument's sake that Ra's army at G-10 declares a siege at Sargoth.
If Balions and KoA lose the field battle, are they still allowed to re-enter Sargoth if they call a retreat? If so, would they have to battle the army station there already, or what?
Per the Defending Guidelines: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,187724.msg4899066.html#msg4899066

You may only garrison in a settlement if it is not under siege.  Sargoth is protected by the natural garrison of 150 troops.  If Ra moved to siege Sargoth and an army moved to "interrupt' the siege, the battle would be played as a field battle.

You misunderstood Mad.
If you lose your field battle, and retreat to your starting position (Since for TMW, when they retreated, they were returned to their position before they declared the attack), and lets assume your starting position was city we are besieging, are you forced to fight us?

Double post, sorry:

Clarified:

An army that makes an attack returns to its original position before declaring the attack.
If an enemy army sits there, an engagement doesn't happen (as by Mad_Dawg's ruleset) and the army gets a chance to move normally the next turn.

Another question:
We just declared a siege on your castle, and your army just moved right out?
Hmm  :?:

I'm sure this is posted somewhere and I just overlooked it. How will it work, for example, if GKR and Wappaw are fighting TLB and GKR has tier 1 troops but Wappaw has tier 2?

Snoop said:
I'm sure this is posted somewhere and I just overlooked it. How will it work, for example, if GKR and Wappaw are fighting TLB and GKR has tier 1 troops but Wappaw has tier 2?
If Wappaw armies have more troops than GKR, then both GKR and Wappaw will field Tier 2 troops. Otherwise they will field Tier 1 troops.

KissMyAxe said:
Snoop said:
Both GKR and Wappaw will field Tier 2 troops.
The equipment tier defaults to the lordship with the largest army present.  So only if Wappaw had more troops available in the fight.
If the troops are even, whomever brings more players to the actual engagement.

I believe you copy native into a new folder then move the rock folder into that copy and replace

Then rename the new folder ROCK move it to modules and start it up

I may be wrong though

Back
Top Bottom