Robocraft

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh hell ****ing yes, about ****ing time the flying robots got some love and attention. I've given up trying to get my Helicopter to fly properly so I'll dismantle it in favor of a fighter, don't know what I'm gonna make yet though.

Oh, I had completely forgot about the lego racing games until you mentioned them in the OP.

Ah, the memories  :razz:

Kevlar said:
Promo code for free aerofoils :

AERO-76511
Cheers. Now to redesign my flier  :smile:

@Volkonski, from the first few test flights i must say that these things rock. Much more enjoyable flying.

Tech Points are now ‘tier locked’: if you play in ‘Tier 2′ you earn ‘Tier 2 Tech Points’
Each item on the Tech Tree must be unlocked with the correct ‘Tier Points’
:???:
Is this meant to further discourage people from screwing around in lower tiers, or what? I don't really see a point in this. How will you tier up effectively? You'll have to put enough tier X junk on your robot to tip you over into tier Y, but then you'll be at the bottom of tier Y with your big chunky robot until you can grind enough tier Y tech points to upgrade. Then you're in the same place when you want to move to tier Z.

5 x New Armored Helium Cubes L1-L5
Higher levels have more lift and armor
NOTE: You will need to use High Level Armored Helium to make old T10 fliers fly
I like that they're adding armored helium blocks, but this change (along with increasing the weight of higher tier armor blocks to up to 3x previous weight) makes it even more impractical to build a flyer. Not only do you have to buy enough propulsion to get your robot in the air, and the armor blocks to build it, and weapons to put on it, but you also have to upgrade your helium now. Why are there even more expenses for flyers?

Finally got a flyer design that actually works and looks like a plane (I spent a good hour messing around with various designs, turns out the most basic plane design works which is a first in this game), only problems with it is its slow to get up to a good height and the guns seem to have adopted the Stormtrooper effect.

Also who's the ****tard who thought it would be a good idea to make you have to pay real money to spend a tier point that's lower than your robot tier?. I can't get the tier 1 aerofoils because my plane is tier 2 and i refuse to strip my plane down just to get it to tier 1.

rh1dJpH.jpg

Ry4zN41.jpg

1X0VHxe.jpg

The aerofoils are nice and all, but once one of them is taken out, it gives me a one-way ticket to ground level. Or at least that's what happens when I use one or two pairs. Maybe I should go for more than two pairs to keep me flying.

The insane mobility you get with aerofoils is really neat, though.

Let's necro this.
Started playing this yesterday thanks to a certain Sheep pestering me about it. Good, mindless fun.
Got up to Tier 4 thanks to various promo codes and I have to say, so far the game gets better the further you progress.

Doesn't happen too often in free-to-play games I'd say.

Oh and **** railguns.

Love eet. Infinite range? Only on Plasma Guns as far as I'm aware. SMG's can't shoot what they can't see, and the same goes for Railguns. That's still a helluvalot of range, but not infinite. I've played about 15 hours (a large share of that toying around designing stuff), but it's great fun. I'm about to progress into tier 5. Wellen has played 10 hours and he's about ready too. (In theory, we both want to earn some more credits first so we can buy all the armour blocks for this tier.)

Sent the requests, but christ are there a lot of new blocks. Need to learn how to utilize them properly :razz: The energy shields are necessary i presume?

Well, they certainly help with aesthetics, and they'll eat a few SMG bullets or a near Plasma hit.

The friends list messed up by the way, so I've sent you a friend request.

Back
Top Bottom