Robocraft

Users who are viewing this thread

Only problem with Orions build is once he flips over  :mrgreen:

I hope they buff armor and make helium less efficient really. Unless this happens (or they nerf plasma) I see it as being OP for a while. Railguns have an ETA of may 6th according to the forums but if they can't aim very high it will only be effective against plasma bombers if you have a flier yourself.

I don't flip over nearly as bad anymore. I have to get a hoverblade totally blasted off to run the risk of flipping over, and even then it's not a mobility kill for me. I've managed to maintain decent mobility with just 2 hoverblades and a thruster.

Pictures promised, pictures provided.

m7mtGgA.png
jfKo4eA.png
bWod72X.png
BJB3T2O.png
mFs97bM.png

Part inventory:

L1 and L2 armor blocks, mixed (not going to count them for you)
4 x L4 Hoverblades (front, back, left/right wings)
2 x L4 Thrusters (rear)
6 x L1 Thrusters (ahead of the cockpit, for turning)
2 x L4  Plasma cannons, working towards the third and final cannon.
1 x Cockpit

I tried to design it such that most or all of my parts are hidden from view, to present few obvious targets. I don't know if it works, because guns are usually targeted first and those are the only visible components I have, but at least it looks nice, IMO.

Just died trying to kill one. I am ****ed if I go head on and hope they don't see me :sad:

Recording with fraps for any glorious kills I may get.

Edit : Placed vapor trails on my ship, had about 5 guys with plasma shooting me from the ground last game, one hits me right before I get to their flyer who then sees me, **** :/

Yes, those vapor trails are a model that is pioneered by this game called PayToLose. You buy these decals, you see, and then you stick them on your craft, and they basically operated like long range beacons to everyone.

Getting hit by plasma happens to me too. If your craft is fast, try flying at an oblique angle with random corrections. When a plasma cannon turns to aim, it loses a bit of its accuracy. This is best helped when you're right at the edge of where your laser cannons are effective. At that distance hitting a fast flying object is quite hard, and indeed, those plasma cannons might not be able to turn fast enough to follow you making any precision aiming with the zoom feature a poor decision for the plasma bomber as he can't turn tell if his craft is oriented correctly.

The best angle of attack is from above, and from behind. Your craft looks immensely fast, and should have no problem slipping into the enemy base at high speed and altitude, and swinging around to catch the plasma bombers from behind. My fighter can no longer do that due to taking on armor to fight against the other laser flies I bump into, but when I did it, it was surprisingly effective. There's always one plasma bomber that has trouble climbing, or waits for his team to go ahead that will be there as a guaranteed kill from my experience.

There is some guy in our matches now who can reach our base in less than 10 seconds. Basically just has two t5 thrusters and a few more with two lasers, one on the top and one on the bottom. Can't even hit him unless I get lucky.

Hot damn, this game is addictive!
Been playing in a scorpion with three plasma cannons. Things got a llot more fun when understood to drop those excessive cannons and upgraded to L3 wheels!
Doing great as long as I don't get shot, and being able to outrun most laser tanks. I'll post pics later.

Oh, and if we're keeping a list with nicks mine's StabbingHobo

Kevlar said:
There is some guy in our matches now who can reach our base in less than 10 seconds. Basically just has two t5 thrusters and a few more with two lasers, one on the top and one on the bottom. Can't even hit him unless I get lucky.

I killed one of those guys once, but it was only due to him getting stuck up at the ceiling for a few seconds.

My nick is Swodius.

Been noticing a drop in the number of plasma bombers lately. So I decided to beef out my aircraft.

Did you know you can put stuff inside the turning radius of a laser if you build it from below? The laser can phase and shoot through them an everything. The possibilities!

2014-04-20_00012.jpg

2014-04-20_00014.jpg

2014-04-20_00016.jpg

Did you guys know that if your hovers have experienced warp that you need to reset them by flying down onto flat ground?

Im asking for more ideas on what flyer to make. My apache just gets blasted out of the sky. Other fliers are mince meat but I'm seeing less laser fliers. I might make an imperial star destroyer.

Stabbing Hobo said:
One thing I've noticed is people disconnect a lot more at tier 5. Hit them once for some damage and poof, they're gone. And no, I'm no plasma bomber.

I saw a guy disconnect in the middle of 5 players that were all trying to shoot him. It's a **** move, screwing somebody else out of points like that. You shouldn't be able to disconnect within a certain proximity of an enemy, or within a period of time after taking damage.

Anyway, I've had to modify my speeder thingy to accommodate L5S hoverblades, and in the process I wanted to see how large L5S thrusters were. Because they are ungodly huge, and I only bought one to see how big it was, I decided to mount it in the middle with my two L4 thrusters on either side. My craft is 2 blocks wider (one block added length on each wing) to fit the L5S hoverblades, and it's 2 blocks longer in the back to accommodate the middle-mounted L5S thruster. It's still almost entirely covered with armor, so the only visible components are a single hoverblade in the back and the cannons.

It goes a lot faster now.

I'm actually copying the design  :lol:

Already researched all the **** and got 3 of the hoverblades. Don't really know how fliers work so that's a good enough way for me to get familiar with them.

Back
Top Bottom