Robocraft

Users who are viewing this thread

One of us builds a drivable armor basket, the other builds sth that can fly into it and has lotsa guns. Shennanigans ensue. Physics ll probably **** it over, but i want to give it a shot :razz:

Duh said:
One of us builds a drivable armor basket, the other builds sth that can fly into it and has lotsa guns. Shennanigans ensue. Physics ll probably **** it over, but i want to give it a shot :razz:
After quite a bit of testing i have to say that this sadly isnt possible with the current robocraft. The space between blocks of 1 robot is considered as solid blocks - i.e. collision prevents any sort of penetration.

Decided to finally try it out after watching a bunch of videos. Definitely gotta say that it's the first time in a long while where a game makes me say "Okay, one more round and then I'm done for the night." Only to realize I'm still playing 3 hours later.

New patch

New Hexagonal progression on the Tech Tree
Spectator Mode, so you can watch how the battle plays out after you died
Added a % CPU indicator on the enemy ID HUD, this shows % of remaining CPU
Show the amount of damage you are doing with each hit. NB: If a large chunk of enemy falls off with a single hit, the damage shown is more
Player health indicator shown in the HUD when you are hit by an enemy
Full Screen effect added to help show you when you are taking damage
Added a ‘successful hit’ indicator onto the cross hair, so you know when you hit an enemy
SMG

Remove the ‘double shot’ on first shot, to reduce DPS when the weapon is most accurate
Ensured that tapping the fire button gives the same degradation of accuracy as holding down the trigger
Increased the amount that damaged is reduced at long range, so SMG’s do less damage at long range
Rail

Added a non-linear charge up time for each additional weapon
Fixed sound sound issues so that you hear all of the weapons charge and fire more reliably
Fixed a bug which meant that last weeks increase to the time it took to overheat made no difference
So the Rail Cannon now takes 5 seconds to overheat as opposed to 2 seconds
Plasma Cannon

Fixed a bug which meant any blast damage outside of 2 world units would not do damage
So we decreased the blast radius a bit as this would likely make Plasma OP
You should still see a noticeable improvement in how effective Plasma is as an area effect weapon
Other Changes

Aim Mode camera height increased, so it sits higher above the Pilot Seat by default
Culling changed to ‘Spherical Culling’ removing the issue of being able to see more at the edges of the screen
Fog distance and Robot render distance is now the same, so if you can see the enemy in the sky, they can also see you
Sounds when you hit enemies successfully have been boosted, to give you better feedback for when you hit or miss
Decreased size of Ice Map by 20%, and added some more cover
Fixed a bug when selling cubes that could allow you to generate free RP by following a certain set of steps

Liking this new patch and the hexagonal tech tree. Much easier to plot out what you want sooner with multiple avenues to get to it. I still haven't tried a flying or hovering vehicle yet though, sticking with ground vehicles for the time being. Not to mention most of the people I seem to be playing with who make fliers have a two block thing with the seat on it, and then surrounding it with guns. I don't know how this thing is able to fly without thrusters or hoverblades, but they're annoying as heck.

[EDIT]

Got majorly bored so figured I'd make a Predator MkIV from Warhammer 40k. It's not the best (I'm missing two wheels on each "track"), but given some of the limitations of the game it's not bad. I'll be building on this and tweaking it for sure. It's got an integral "cocoon" made in a way that reduces the amount of blocks that will get destroyed so the driver can survive better. Seems to have pretty good survivability and power.

KoeksTll.jpg

0pygiCNl.jpg

EPWliuQl.jpg

I originally had planned to make it much larger, but I ran out of pFlops. If only there were treads, it would be a lot better.

Try to aim for T7 if you can. The weapon balance at that point, with the armor is just right. It's also where the different types of craft (gunbeds, laser flies, rail flies, bombers, and ground support) are quite even.

Does nobody care when their team's base is getting attacked? It seems whatever team I'm playing on, and our base is being captured and at half capture, people will still try and gun for the enemy base instead of pulling back to defend.

It's actually a smart move if there are more of your team on their base as the bar will go up faster. It also makes sense if most of you team is closer to the enemy's base as well.

Swadius 2.0 said:
It's actually a smart move if there are more of your team on their base as the bar will go up faster. It also makes sense if most of you team is closer to the enemy's base as well.

I mean more that the entirety of the team is all over the place and there are a bunch of people closer to our team's base. Nobody seems to actually move to defend it. People also seem to like giving away their position easily by firing at every scene prop on the map.

Maybe it's just the tiers I'm playing at.

ThegnAnsgar said:
Does nobody care when their team's base is getting attacked? It seems whatever team I'm playing on, and our base is being captured and at half capture, people will still try and gun for the enemy base instead of pulling back to defend.
Try playing World of Tanks someday. The exact same **** happens all the time.

jacobhinds said:
Since all the battles are drop-ins there's no real incentive to win. Most players just rambo it looking for kills. If there were a game-wide team system with leaderboards, it'd be a different story.

That is true. Perhaps that addition will come to the game someday.

Back
Top Bottom