Roads on the map?

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing I'd love to see in addition to roads, and that I haven't seen anyone mention, would be multiple town entrances/exits. Usually roads would converge in cities and or if you look the other way, spread out in multiple directions. The fact that every single town and castle in calradia has only one entrance is pretty bizarre to me. Sure, I know that some early medieval/dark ages settlements were built like that, but that doesn't mean that every single one should be like that.
This would tie in to another thing that always bothered me, namely that castles never protect anything. Some roads should only go through settlements, and if you can't enter it(because youre at war for example), you can't use the road and are forced to go around, slowing you down.

That's a subjective and aggressive stand on this.

Are you a software developer? or are you guessing?
1: campaign map remade? I'll call doodling the map a minor modification (graphics wise).
2: Needs a Bitmap Reader - to load in the paths that can be used. I think they already have this implemented with how the world map pathfinding works. The difference in speed, implemented: snow, mountain, and other terrain modifiers already work. Though a little code needed to implement the new modifier (on-road) in the pathfinding system.
So not really a lot of coding needed.

I actually consider that a primary ingredient in success, attention to detail.

Maybe, but as far as I know, no roadmap, or other indicators, for what is planed.
All comments here are "subjective", There're people who like it and people who don't. For me it's useless, I don't need to add "in my opinion" to every statement I make, that should be obvious. You massively underestimate the amount of work that would be required to make the roads work, that amount of work is needed elsewhere like the vital features its' lacking. We're talking about adding webs of roads across the campaign map, if they don't take time to polish it, I'm sure it'll look like ****, also will add unnecessary bugs. If it was that simple, we'ld see it implemented by now. At the current state of the game I'm sick of the kind of suggestions that demand silly stuff which does so little for the effort and time will be spent. I don't exactly go "Oh noes, there's no roads!" when I open the campaign map, on the contrary I prefer it as its', so I disagree about it being "primary ingredient to success", as far as I'm concerned focusing on very minor stuff when large portions of the core is missing is a ticket to ultimate failure.

There are no roads in warband? There are multiple roads leading to Dhirim from the top of my head
I just fired up warband to check, there are no roads

qCqZS1.png

Last edited:
One thing I'd love to see in addition to roads, and that I haven't seen anyone mention, would be multiple town entrances/exits. Usually roads would converge in cities and or if you look the other way, spread out in multiple directions. The fact that every single town and castle in calradia has only one entrance is pretty bizarre to me. Sure, I know that some early medieval/dark ages settlements were built like that, but that doesn't mean that every single one should be like that.
This would tie in to another thing that always bothered me, namely that castles never protect anything. Some roads should only go through settlements, and if you can't enter it(because youre at war for example), you can't use the road and are forced to go around, slowing you down.

yes, for castles I can understand it, but cities usually had more then one gate (and I think also some big castles had more than one gate, but I may remember wrong)

having more gates could also create more option for sieging, like choosing witch gate to attack with your ram (or build more rams and attack more gates at the same time)

There is something that could be a road a little up north but theres like 4-5 on the entire map
Which means there are usable roads in warband when they didnt implement it in bannerlord , which is exactly what i said in my first post

Which means there are usable roads in warband when they didnt implement it in bannerlord , which is exactly what i said in my first post
Well yeah you are partly right, but when there are 4 lines on the entire map which dont connect to anything i can hardly call them roads, but thats each to his own

All comments here are "subjective", There're people who like it and people who don't.
I disagree, and that wasn't my main point, but fair enough.

The Sign of 33 said:
For me it's useless,
The way you formulate the sentence "Useless suggestion", is unneeded to get your point across. You had, alt least, some arguments that were worth considering, but beginning a post with that, what is it you're hoping to achieve? less toxicity on the forum?

The Sign of 33 said:
I don't need to add "in my opinion" to every statement I make, that should be obvious.
I'm no mind reader and don't know you at a personal level, so expecting me to interpret your comment, as a genuine remake to the OP post, bearing in mind that you started said post with "Useless suggestion". Are these basic manners where you're from?

The Sign of 33 said:
You massively underestimate the amount of work that would be required to make the roads work, that amount of work is needed elsewhere like the vital features its' lacking. We're talking about adding webs of roads across the campaign map,
You still didn't answer my question, are you a software developer? but from this:
The Sign of 33 said:
if they don't take time to polish it, I'm sure it'll look like ****, also will add unnecessary bugs.
I'm assuming you aren't. And, yeah I might have underplayed it a bit, time-wise.

The Sign of 33 said:
If it was that simple, we'ld see it implemented by now.
Not necessarily, directly implemented. But the systems needed for it to work are already there, at least in some sense. Else they wouldn't be able to change the movement speed of clan-parties moving on the world map based on what terrain they are currently on.

The Sign of 33 said:
At the current state of the game I'm sick of the kind of suggestions that demand silly stuff which does so little for the effort and time will be spent.
No one said they're going to drop everything and work on this immediately. its a suggestion, they might already have this planned or they might not. We can always discuss if this is the best place for it. And might have been better for the suggestions part of the forum.

The Sign of 33 said:
I don't exactly go "Oh noes, there's no roads!" when I open the campaign map, on the contrary I prefer it as its', so I disagree about it being "primary ingredient to success",
Wasn't the point I was making, so let me clarify: attention to detail, I think is a primary ingredient to success. Not that these roads necessarily is going to be, but they could be considered in my mind, attention to detail, to create that extra immersion that supersedes other product out there.
But I get it, they are not a priority for you.

The Sign of 33 said:
As far as I'm concerned focusing on very minor stuff when large portions of the core is missing is a ticket to ultimate failure.
I completely agree. They should be focusing on the major stuff, right now.

But you can't have a roadmap without roads??? /S
But seriously road would be cool
Yes, you can, if it's a fictional one in your mind! And I agree, I think it would add some extra immersion to the game. The partially implemented roads in Warband always seem out of place since they were just "highroads" that somehow didn't go all the way to an actual settlement. And many of the suggestions in this thread, would be cool implementations of the feature.

Back
Top Bottom