Roadmaps and Implementations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Just finished my first full game of Bannerlord without crashes or corruptions and grabbed my first Castle and 2 fiefs from the King of the South until the entire map was taken over by Vlandia. Figured the land was tamed, i was allowed to keep my fiefs and castles, and decided to live the rest of my days out in peace safe within my castle walls :smile:.

Few Things - Is there going to be intrigue, subterfuge, rebellions, civil wars, traitors, etc possible within Bannerlord? I feel this would add SO MUCH depth into the political system, especially with the addition of the voting systems and reputation use. It would also assist with slowing the steamrolling of factions if there is infighting.

i.e Subject A keeps losing votes to grab fiefs and castles from the king (or king overrules the majority support). This should really fire an event for Subject A to become disheartened by the throne (or angry, depending on Subject A's personality), and rumblings should be had with other subjects who do not agree. Of course, the player can really move the ball forward with rebellion or coup if they get involved with Subject A's questline.

The above scenario is just an example but there are so many other scenarios that could be added to really make the game fun. These type of questlines and RPG elements can keep the game interesting, especially during times of peace in the kingdoms.

Is their a real economy, food, supply system implemented into the game, or is it at a very basic level?
I ask this with a very specific idea in mind... Say i am fighting as a vassal for Sturgia and we are at war with the Empire. I have mustered, trained, and designed my army as a fast hitting Calvary force while the rest of the army is fighting traditional battles. If i continue to raid villages, attack caravans, slaughter traveling peasants, etc... Does it actually have an impact on the Empire, or will it just regenerate everything and be fine? Adding different war strategies is dynamic and can assist smaller nations (like the nation you created yourself) with hitting larger nations who would then sue for peace.

We could get even deeper and attack supplies of the enemy armies as well! Doesn't seem that model is really implemented in game, but would be nice to starve a sieging army. Or give a sieging army an opportunity to send a small detachment to raid/forage food from the nearest town. Then that detachment could get intercepted!

Man i had so many thoughts running through my head last night that i forgot this morning. But i think these are the main 2 questions i had. It would be great to see a roadmap for early access by the devs as well. Give us an idea what they want implemented and a timeline for implementation.

Last edited:
To be honest I think this is what they need to do to placate the masses a little.

An awful lot of people have never bought an early access game before and it really ****ing shows with how strung out people are about some things.

I don't expect to see good content, full quest lines, lots of voice acting, lots of polished modelling etc in the game at this point. Holy hell, I got The Forest on EA and it was an empty shell at first. Beatiful, but literally ****ing nothing to do but build shelters and avoid the ****ing cannibals.

I'm more worried about finding limitations with the engine because that's where the real elbow grease has been spent. I don't really care about quests, armour models etc, that can all be added relatively easily but having spent a signifigant portion of 8 years on the engine, going back to work on that wil be disastrous.

If you want to check out "Uboat", those guys know how to develop an EA. They provided numerous patches, responses to community, and a roadmap that literally SHUT EVERYONE UP! Everyone is literally sitting around now content and waiting for the additions to be implemented. Its great and i would buy anything from that developer just because i support their service model.

Hello,

Just finished my first full game of Bannerlord without crashes or corruptions and grabbed my first Castle and 2 fiefs from the King of the South until the entire map was taken over by Vlandia. Figured the land was tamed, i was allowed to keep my fiefs and castles, and decided to live the rest of my days out in peace safe within my castle walls :smile:.

Few Things - Is there going to be intrigue, subterfuge, rebellions, civil wars, traitors, etc possible within Bannerlord? I feel this would add SO MUCH depth into the political system, especially with the addition of the voting systems and reputation use. It would also assist with slowing the steamrolling of factions if there is infighting.

i.e Subject A keeps losing votes to grab fiefs and castles from the king (or king overrules the majority support). This should really fire an event for Subject A to become disheartened by the throne (or angry, depending on Subject A's personality), and rumblings should be had with other subjects who do not agree. Of course, the player can really move the ball forward with rebellion or coup if they get involved with Subject A's questline.

The above scenario is just an example but there are so many other scenarios that could be added to really make the game fun. These type of questlines and RPG elements can keep the game interesting, especially during times of peace in the kingdoms.

Is their a real economy, food, supply system implemented into the game, or is it at a very basic level?
I ask this with a very specific idea in mind... Say i am fighting as a vassal for Sturgia and we are at war with the Empire. I have mustered, trained, and designed my army as a fast hitting Calvary force while the rest of the army is fighting traditional battles. If i continue to raid villages, attack caravans, slaughter traveling peasants, etc... Does it actually have an impact on the Empire, or will it just regenerate everything and be fine? Adding different war strategies is dynamic and can assist smaller nations (like the nation you created yourself) with hitting larger nations who would then sue for peace.

We could get even deeper and attack supplies of the enemy armies as well! Doesn't seem that model is really implemented in game, but would be nice to starve a sieging army. Or give a sieging army an opportunity to send a small detachment to raid/forage food from the nearest town. Then that detachment could get intercepted!

Man i had so many thoughts running through my head last night that i forgot this morning. But i think these are the main 2 questions i had. It would be great to see a roadmap for early access by the devs as well. Give us an idea what they want implemented and a timeline for implementation.
Pretty much everything you mentioned has been talked about in dev blogs, so we can be pretty optimistic that those things will be in the game sooner or later

Caravans and villagers bring food to the cities and afaik if they don't reach their destination the city starts to starve and loses prosperity, I don't really know the effect this has however,maybe refreshing reclutable troops? It feels like in my city and villages with high prosperity I can recruit really fast but I'm not a 100% sure on anything I've said xD

Back
Top Bottom