Rivers on the worldmap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ancientwanker

Master Knight
At the moment the large rivers placed on the map are impassible. For mods where large rivers are present this will cause a pretty serious roadblock to movement for the AI, let alone the player.

I think there should be a way to represent a smaller river on the worldmap that is passable (just slows you down, more so than forest) as you cross. Being near this or on top of this for combat would ensure one of those small rivers being present on the map.

For instance in the LOTR mod Im thinking of doing the river Anduin essentially cuts mordor off from gondor. Using the current big river system this makes the route impassable. I guess you could have places where the river stops for an inch or so and call it a "ford" but its pretty clumsy and probably doesnt look very nice on the map.

Anyway, I just though a smaller, fordable river would be a nice addition to the map. Of course, bridges would be nice too.

Your wish is my command -LL

I really dont understand why rivers arnt passable... I mean , i suppose those big ones to the side of the world map which connect to the river are supposed to be really deep or something..but its not as if you ever have trouble wading through the rivers in combat.

Its a good idea though , some bridge fights would be very fun.

Could I use this opportunity to once again add the ability to have 'deep water' in which you and your horse can swim? (Heavy chargers would drown cuz of all the armor, and warhorses would only be able to carry a 'naked' person. Hunters / coursers would carry any rider w/ any armor, while saddle horses, steppe horses would be leather only? something like that anyway lol)

No idea why, but this came up somewhere.. Would be interesting shooting a hunter from under the rider in full plate armor and watching them drown in eternal pain and agony ::grin:

I was kinda hoping the rivers could be redone to look a little prettier... more like rivers maybe.

My roommate was looking over my shoulder as I travelled over the world map. I was near Zendar, where the river sorta starts at a point in the middle of the ground, and my roommate was like "Wow. Is that a river? Or a big blue turd?". My feelings were hurt. I know now that he is hopeless. He will never convert to the Mount&Blade cult.

Back
Top Bottom