SP Native Rise of the Mercenaries (New screenshots)

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been working on a small mod recently between classes and during my down time.

Here is the story so far:

It has been twenty years since the original events of the War for Calradia, and several things have changed:
1. Mastgar the Merciless, a renowned mercenary and excellent military commander, has banded together hundreds of mercenaries to form their very own faction. Since the War for Calradia ended several years ago, mercenaries have been treated as worthless scum and were considerably underpaid. Mastgar opposed this, first verbally, then physically, recruiting hundreds of mercenaries and bringing them into open rebellion. Mastgar now plans to rule Calradia himself, and decrees that all who join him will be well paid, well fed, and well respected. So far, the Mercenary Union has taken several towns and castles in central Calradia.

2. Lord Kastor of Veluca, having gained enough favour with several lords, has decreed open rebellion against King Graveth. Many lords came to the aid of Kastor, seeing his beliefs as the more righteous. Several lords have had sons, who have joined both Graveth and Kastor.

3. The Kingdom of Swadia and Nords were surprised by the uprising of merenaries and Sargoth, Wercheg, Suno, and Dhirrim quickly fell to their armies. Since then, both the Nords and Swadia have stood their ground, with Swadia being cramped in the mountains, and the Nords being split on two sides, both East and West.

I have already created several new towns, castles, and villages which will be included in the initial release, whenever that will be.

Planned features:
1. New, expanded mercenary troop tree including all range of units, from mounted crossbowmen to highly armored, very powerful halberdiers. (95% complete)
2. The inclusion of patrols to all factions. (95% complete)
3. Unique scenes for each new village, town, and casle, as well as several new towns, villages, and castles. (25% complete)
4. Inclusion of the OSP Armor, Helmets, and Weapons. (10% complete)
5. Ability to create your own faction, and recruit lords to serve your cause. (0% complete)
6. Two new factions, the Rhodok Revolutionaries and the Mercenary Union (90% complete)
7. Whatever else I can think of, or any suggestions you guys might have.
8. Inclusion of the Outpost mod, where you can create your own outpost and send out patrols (0% complete)

I'm still working on it, but I would certainly appreciate any suggestions that you guys might have for this. I haven't coded for close to a year now so this mod is basically me trying to re-learned a lot of the coding that I have forgotten.

I will also try to include any other custom models that I can.

If there is something you guys really wanna see, please feel free to let me know. This is basically my attempt at re-learning coding from the ground up. Let me know what you think.

Here are some screenshots of the work so far:

mb1c.png

mb2.png

mb3.png

Well, now that you guys mention it I suppose I would have to give the Halberdiers actual Halberds, but I can't find a weapon that looks similar to one and can be used with a shield. Therefore, I have actually kept the same equipment and instead renamed them to "Mercenary Shock Troopers".

This certainly seems to fit them more, as shock troopers are mean't to be the leading soldiers in an attack. Let me know what you guys think.

And thank you for the feedback.

Mercenaries as a faction? Sounds illogical to me. Still, I enjoy most native-based mods and shall try this one. Will the players also be able to recruit these new mercenaries?

Servitor said:
Mercenaries as a faction? Sounds illogical to me. Still, I enjoy most native-based mods and shall try this one. Will the players also be able to recruit these new mercenaries?

Technically, it is pretty illogical; however I came up with a small explanation in the story section for the reasoning behind it.

Basically, all the soldiers in the faction are still mercenaries, but are fighting under a mercenary banner.

You can still recruit the new mercenaries, as they will upgrade from the old mercenary troop tree.

Guybguy said:
good luck :grin:

will there be  new troops or other things to the native factions?

I'm hoping to add a few more lords and some new troops to each faction. I've also added several new towns, villages, and castles within the faction's territories. Ownership of land has changed quite significantly, especially for the Nords, Swadians, and Rhodoks.

Hopefully I'll be able to release a good, solid beta or alpha sometime soon for some folks to try out.

Hey guys,

mega-bump for this one, but it's not dead. I posted a couple of screenshots over on Exilian (http://s9.zetaboards.com/exilian/index/) that I haven't posted here yet, but I'll post those now:

Mercenary Shock Troopers:
mb11.png

mb14.png

mb15.png

mb16.png

mb18.png

mb20.png

mb22.png

Mercenary Lancers/Horse Archers:
mb24.png

mb25.png

mb26.png

mb28s.png

mb29.png

mb32.png

mb33.png

mb34.png

mb35.png

mb19.png

mb36.png

mb37.png

mb38.png

mb40.png

mb41.png

mb42.png

mb43.png

mb44j.png

mb45.png

Misc:

mb23.png

mb4d.png

mb4.png

mb5n.png

mb6g.png

mb8.png

(careful, not 56K friendly :wink:)

Let me know what you guys think, and I'm also looking for beta testers for a closed beta. If anyone's interested, please send me a PM or leave a post here. Be warned, though, it's not a very solid beta, I just need more ideas and things to do.

Thanks guys, I sent you both a PM :smile: and thank you kode :smile:

Things are kinda coming along, I'm hoping to impliment some more code, and create some of my own new stuff soon, just struggling with some dialog difficulties. I don't suppose anybody knows anything about creating new dialogs? Specifically parties on the map?

Back
Top Bottom