Rise of Nations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Inzunza

Sergeant
I remember reading somewhere in the original thread that you will not be able to create your own nation.  In Native, you can of course and you get your own color and name your own Kingdom and everything.

So, because the player isn't allowed to create their own Kingdom, I took it upon myself to do it anyways and conquered a city.  I was able to name my own country, but I don't think the color changed (took a part of Britain, should probably try it with a nation that isn't red).  So, my question is what are the current rules for ruling your own country?  Same as native, but with features removed to encourage you to take over whatever country you attacked first causing a civil war or has nothing really been implemented yet?

For a second i thought you were talking about the glorious old-school RTS game "Rise of Nations."

But anway, while messing around in TweakMB, i found that the "player created faction" was a pinkish-red color. I havn't tried taking over a city, but will and see what happens.
Maybe because you are apart of the British Army, it automatically gives the title to Britian, as it would do in Native? Try leaving your chosen faction and see if that changes anything...

iCod43 said:
For a second i thought you were talking about the glorious old-school RTS game "Rise of Nations."

But anway, while messing around in TweakMB, i found that the "player created faction" was a pinkish-red color. I havn't tried taking over a city, but will and see what happens.
Maybe because you are apart of the British Army, it automatically gives the title to Britian, as it would do in Native? Try leaving your chosen faction and see if that changes anything...

It was a reference, so good eye.  :wink:

Anyways, the Red the British use is the Red for the Player faction, I believe.  So when I took Dublin, it looked just like the rest of GB.  Back in Ye Olde Thread for L'aigle, there was talk about how you can't make your own kingdom, so I immediately thought that depending on where you take a nation's city from, you just sorta adopt their stuff.  Didn't take that red in mind, so now I rather embarrassed myself by thinking it's been implemented.  :3

So, with that being said, the player can technically start their own rebellion and start a country up like Hungary, Ireland, or New America and New Canada for those who want the War of 1812 to be involved for a mod set in 1809 in a European Theatre so long as they don't mind recruiting local troops.  At least for now, before it gets patched out.

I tried to found my own kingdom by capturing a town, and I can confirm that the colour of the "personal kingdom" is red (on a game started with alpha 1, and patched to alpha 1.1). I Didn't find much problems but one, that compromize your kingdom existence : the player hasn't the "King" status. He rules, yes, but has a "relationship" to his own kingdom -I was asked if I wanted to help some of my villagers'party against ennemies, and got bonus to my relationship to my kingdom after that- , and has no bonus to the party size, nor morale. Those two (I was playing as a mercenary before, with renown and no ranks) prevent me to try this again at that time.

I haven't tried to found a kingdom with the diplomacy mod since a long time, so I don't know if those issues are from "vanilla diplomacy mod" or an error (like if we are getting the creation of a "kingdom of friends" and not founding our own one as expected).

Erpole said:
I tried to found my own kingdom by capturing a town, and I can confirm that the colour of the "personal kingdom" is red (on a game started with alpha 1, and patched to alpha 1.1). I Didn't find much problems but one, that compromize your kingdom existence : the player hasn't the "King" status. He rules, yes, but has a "relationship" to his own kingdom -I was asked if I wanted to help some of my villagers'party against ennemies, and got bonus to my relationship to my kingdom after that- , and has no bonus to the party size, nor morale. Those two (I was playing as a mercenary before, with renown and no ranks) prevent me to try this again at that time.

I haven't tried to found a kingdom with the diplomacy mod since a long time, so I don't know if those issues are from "vanilla diplomacy mod" or an error (like if we are getting the creation of a "kingdom of friends" and not founding our own one as expected).
With Brytenwalda I had relations go up with my own Kingdom so it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom