RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

This is how consipracy theories are made. Can we get confirmation? Its been a while now since the block delay was re-introduced, since it hasnt been removed again, we can only assume its intended right?

This is how consipracy theories are made. Can we get confirmation? Its been a while now since the block delay was re-introduced, since it hasnt been removed again, we can only assume its intended right?

It never was removed in the first place, it was only reworked to work differently which still doesn’t really fix things.

Why would netcode completely change how the controls work? RMB not cancelling a held LMB instantly has been an issue since beta, and initially it didn't even take priority over LMB. It's the same in singleplayer.

We've only seen blocking like that in an offline custom server.

Alright, sanity test.

Can you block like this on the servers, while also holding left click the entire time? Especially in the latter half of the clip. I haven't been able to pull such moves off while playing online myself, though, perhaps others have and I'm being delusional and just seeing things that I want to see.

Are you holding RMB while holding LMB to do these blocks, or tapping?

Why would netcode completely change how the controls work? RMB not cancelling a held LMB instantly has been an issue since beta, and initially it didn't even take priority over LMB. It's the same in singleplayer.

We've only seen blocking like that in an offline custom server.

Are you holding RMB while holding LMB to do these blocks, or tapping?

I remember them communicating saying how silen's blocking wouldn't work for a reason I can't remember, something to do with the servers anyways.

So yeah that's a totally different control scheme from both native MP and SP. I wonder what causes it, I'd love to play Bannerlord with that, such a simple thing adds to so much control.

Another issue is that I'd assume they're doing internal testing on the combat parameters on LAN. SP combat is much smoother, but I don't think it's much different for MP (in terms of the values) which is why it seems like it's good in internal testing, but the netcode makes the combat parameters go all over the place and just not work, so they probably need to change the parameters based on server performance rather than LAN.

Back
Top Bottom