RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean I think it's clear it was not in development for 8 years. More likely the announcement was way too soon; they probably started 2015-2016 then they decided they needed to start again as the warband engine was too old.

Year or two to make a new engine - actual banner lord probably hasn't been in development more then 2-3 years tops.
You don't know that :smile:

I mean I think it's clear it was not in development for 8 years. More likely the announcement was way too soon; they probably started 2015-2016 then they decided they needed to start again as the warband engine was too old.

Year or two to make a new engine - actual banner lord probably hasn't been in development more then 2-3 years tops.
Pretty sure they made the engine from 2012 to 2016, because in 2015-2016 they were already talking about a release. I highly doubt you'd talk about release 5 months after starting the game...

And we also saw gameplay content at Gamescom 2016. And decides the map itself, everything is the same as now.

Pretty sure they made the engine from 2012 to 2016, because in 2015-2016 they were already talking about a release. I highly doubt you'd talk about release 5 months after starting the game...
the 2016 release they were talking about was probably destined to be on the old engine. All the press-release images from that time were not on the new bannerlord engine.

But yes agreed.

I don’t know if it’s an engine problem but jeez the crashing is abysmal and the game does not run that smoothly lol

I don’t know if it’s an engine problem but jeez the crashing is abysmal and the game does not run that smoothly lol
It got a bit better but I find it outraging that the game doesn’t even run on Very low graphism considering those graphism are worse than Warband.

It got a bit better but I find it outraging that the game doesn’t even run on Very low graphism considering those graphism are worse than Warband.

I don't want to be that 'guy' but i haven't had that many issues with it. Mp runs very smootly - SP I can play 500 bots smoothly; degrades as i get closer to 1000 especially on sieges but not bad for this early on. Apparently the latest beta improves it even more. I use max settings minus shadows - if I want to push the FPS.

it could certainly use work but thats not unexpected - it's a very tough game for a PC to run just because of the number of agents.

I don't want to be that 'guy' but i haven't had that many issues with it. Mp runs very smootly - SP I can play 500 bots smoothly; degrades as i get closer to 1000 especially on sieges but not bad for this early on. Apparently the latest beta improves it even more.

it could certainly use work but thats not unexpected - it's a very tough game for a PC to run just because of the number of agents.
I guess for me I’m saying more crashing than gameplay performance, even tho I do not think the game is as well optimized as many other games since A lot of people including myself seem to be having trouble with beasts of rigs running things like tdm

Basically my computer can run The Witcher 3 in very high (better graphism than Bannerlord in ultra ngl), warband with up to 500 bots with the mod increasing the limit, total war games with many more troops on the battlefield, but you are telling me I can’t even run the tutorial area in Bannerlord SP. The improvement I’m talking about is that first day of EA my computer was at 10 FPS on the actual menu screen of SP.

lol, as always the usual individuals defending TW
Dain. I am not fighting you - my whole point here is I don't want the community to argue anymore.

You said you were uninstalling the game - you posted a whole thread about it. That's your business now If you want to contribute; please do. If not I'm not rising to you.

Dain. I am not fighting you - my whole point here is I don't want the community to argue anymore.

You said you were uninstalling the game - you posted a whole thread about it. That's your business now If you want to contribute; please do. If not I'm not rising to you.
I am worried when I see everyone leaving that once everyone leaves like you said the multiplayer will be dead for good. Honestly the people staying around are saints not even @Schoi could do that and he’s insanely good

Basically my computer can run The Witcher 3 in very high (better graphism than Bannerlord in ultra ngl), warband with up to 500 bots with the mod increasing the limit, total war games with many more troops on the battlefield, but you are telling me I can’t even run the tutorial area in Bannerlord SP. The improvement I’m talking about is that first day of EA my computer was at 10 FPS on the actual menu screen of SP.

You should have seen Ark when it came out - damn near killed my computer. Now it runs smoothly. (years later mind). That's normal. having said that bannerlord agents are much much more complex then the models in Total war; the models there are mostly cosmetic; hit chance is decided by a forumula; not by physical animation and response.

Also total war runs like crap for everyone anyway :razz:

You should have seen Ark when it came out - damn near killed my computer. Now it runs smoothly. (years later mind). That's normal. having said that bannerlord agents are much much more complex then the models in Total war; the models there are mostly cosmetic; hit chance is decided by a forumula; not by physical animation and response.

Also total war runs like crap for everyone anyway :razz:
Yes thats my point: total war runs like crap but I can run it. I can’t run a map with only one agent on Bannerlord tho

This is my point though - I'm not angry or annoyed. I'm curious why. At lot of the consensus around hatred of the Bannerlord MP seems to be down to three main common complaints (but I agree not only these); classes, block delay and customisation. Mordhau offers an alternative to all 3 of these points; I have the game myself and love and enjoy it aswell - I just don't see why you hang around on a project you aren't enjoying instead of moving onto one that shares the values you crave?

I have played Mordhau and it sucks, for different reasons, and is a finished game (and one I know a lot less about) so isn't worth trying to change.

I have over 6k hours in Warband and Bannerlord isn't "finished", and is at least trying to some degree to be a successor to Warband. So I'll give my feedback on it.

Again, don't understand the surprise or confusion that people want to do so.

Yes thats my point: total war runs like crap but I can run it. I can’t run a map with only one agent on Bannerlord tho
Then there is something going wrong; that is not normal behaviour. Raise it as a bug.

It could be to do with the game picking up the wrong GPU? If you have a GPU other then your main one - sometimes it picks it up. Check the settings to see which one is being used.

Then there is something going wrong; that is not normal behaviour. Raise it as a bug.

It could be to do with the game picking up the wrong GPU? If you have a GPU other then your main one - sometimes it picks it up. Check the settings to see which one is being used.
No it's just the game being poorly optimized. Spent an hour trying to fix it in the settings, still ****.

No it's just the game being poorly optimized. Spent an hour trying to fix it in the settings, still ****.
I don't agree in that case - the menu and tutorial area should not be wrecking your FPS that much. Something is going wrong.

In terms of FPS. I can highly recommend dropping shadows from dynamic to static only - really helps your CPU performance.

I don't agree in that case - the menu and tutorial area should not be wrecking your FPS that much. Something is going wrong.

In terms of FPS. I can highly recommend dropping shadows from dynamic to static only - really helps your CPU performance.
In very low there are no shadows xD, no working sound, no animation, no particles. The game is just poorly optimized that's it. Even on GeforceNow i struggle to run it on very high quality.

Then offer feedback or suggestions! I mean come on guys we are literally discussing this in a thread entitled "RIP MP"; that's not feedback...
"I have uninstalled the game because it is bad" is a suggestion. Over 10 months of detailed reporting and feedback on many of the game's systems is met with the vast majority of those problems completely untouched; the result is the fanbase refusing to play. That is extremely useful information to any developer that wants to make a good game, because it clearly shows that the game is not good. Unless I've missed a post; Nobody here is saying the game is mechanically irredeemable. If people honestly thought the game was irredeemable, then they would have left. But TaleWorlds has shown they can make a very good game in the past, so it's clearly within their capacity to do so again. And Bannerlord requires a lot of work to get it to that point, but it requires the developers(or rather: the decision makers) to come down from their ivory tower and look at the reasons as to why their game(specifically multiplayer) is a failure with extremely low playerbase retention and mass disapproval from the significant majority of the existing playerbase, as well as almost all of their veteran players.

There's only so many times you can offer the same suggestions before the final suggestion is "you need to listen to your playerbase or it will abandon your game totally". Which, once again, absolutely is a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom