RIP MP

Users who are viewing this thread

I am on the verge of dropping the game myself aswell. There is nothing that makes sense or is half-working in the game in terms of mechanics or balance. Armored cavalry stomps everything easily, light cavalry just gets deleted by archers, infantry is useless against other classes, and when infantry vs infantry happens it becomes a kick-fest of who can abuse the animation glitch. Archers are just retarded in the game, they play like call of duty instead of the realism they want with the rest of the classes. 2-handers are lulfeinting with unreadable animation and backpedalling. But I guess we will get clan systems and ranked for all the 10 people who play. Total dissapointment.

9q5LCPR.png

By my calculations Bannerlord runs the risk of entering -80,000 players by end of June, at which point it will actually be giving birth to gamers who are distributed to other games.

I am on the verge of dropping the game myself aswell. There is nothing that makes sense or is half-working in the game in terms of mechanics or balance. Armored cavalry stomps everything easily, light cavalry just gets deleted by archers, infantry is useless against other classes, and when infantry vs infantry happens it becomes a kick-fest of who can abuse the animation glitch. Archers are just retarded in the game, they play like call of duty instead of the realism they want with the rest of the classes. 2-handers are lulfeinting with unreadable animation and backpedalling. But I guess we will get clan systems and ranked for all the 10 people who play. Total dissapointment.

All of this x1m

The most worrying part of this has been that the actual combat mechanics are extremely poor and in some ways, not even as good as warband. I'm not sure that rebalancing can change that.

Obviously ridiculous problems like spawn points should be fixed to make whatever this game is slightly more palatable in the short term, but I don't know how or if this can be fixed with the current approach to the game combat mechanics.

I've stopped playing now.

I'm done with MP, since it requires Battleye. I'm not installing spyware to waltz about my system as it pleases, to play MP. **** you for forcing this garbage on everyone, even custom servers.

Combat is not too bad. I think there's just no appealing rewards for keep playing MP. You just get simple badges as you win more. Need better rewards to encourage people to play MP.

And no proper competitive scene established. Something like ELO system should be used. Newbies get dominated and helpless agnst warband users. The problem is playerbase, it will take ages for matchmaking with current playerbase. TW should come up with a good idea to attract gamers.

I know it's in EA stage, so hope things are ready when EA ends and officially releases.

Last edited:
Can I say how extremely disappointing MP has been in the past month. I used to be able to get on siege with the appropriate amount of players but now I can barely even get 20 v 20. Seems that the love for MP has died even though I would say that the MP players love the game to death. We need immediate fixes/updates for the MP side of this game.

The competitive players already explained why they aren't playing; fundamental combat system issues and lack of private servers. The casual players need a gameplay loop and content to keep them interested, which would be helped by private servers/modding. People outside of East-South East Asia, EU and NA are obviously not playing due to latency and lack of private servers.

At the moment everything that kept people interested in warband multiplayer is annoyingly absent. These issues need to be resolved and the multiplayer 'relaunched' in some capacity.

A kind request to all the people making useless complaints here:
Either make a proper complaint and explain what you would like to see changed
Or just don't post and go play Minecraft or whatever game you desire

Reduce ability to kite by increasing forward relative running speed or reducing relative strafe speed

Tie stance to button press rather than strafe

Reduce time to block massively or make it 0

Reduce strafe-kiting speed while using 2 handed weapons and ranged weapons. This should be an extreme nerf if drawing a javelin or bow.

Nerf activation time of kick

Improve infantry gear and runspeed. Why does an archer get a kaskara, and an infantry get a flyssa? Or an infantry a spatha and a cav a parmarerion? Why can a palatine guard kite with a menavlion faster than a legionary can run forward?

Increase stun time for falling off a horse after it is killed.

Decrease horse hp

Add team horse knockdown

Add horse damage or stun for running in to walls.

Last edited:
The competitive players already explained why they aren't playing; fundamental combat system issues and lack of private servers. The casual players need a gameplay loop and content to keep them interested, which would be helped by private servers/modding. People outside of East-South East Asia, EU and NA are obviously not playing due to latency and lack of private servers.

At the moment everything that kept people interested in warband multiplayer is annoyingly absent. These issues need to be resolved and the multiplayer 'relaunched' in some capacity.

Reduce ability to kite by increasing forward relative running speed or reducing relative strafe speed

Tie stance to button press rather than strafe

Reduce time to block massively or make it 0

Reduce strafe-kiting speed while using 2 handed weapons and ranged weapons. This should be an extreme nerf if drawing a javelin or bow.

Nerf activation time of kick

Improve infantry gear and runspeed. Why does an archer get a kaskara, and an infantry get a flyssa? Or an infantry a spatha and a cav a parmarerion? Why can a palatine guard kite with a menavlion faster than a legionary can run forward?

Increase stun time for falling off a horse after it is killed.

Decrease horse hp

Add team horse knockdown

Add horse damage or stun for running in to walls.
+1
i think putting mp back into beta and relaunching would help if they manage too fix combat/servers/regions and add battle

Does that graph use the real numbers? If yes: goddamn, that's turning out really bad.

I guess TW should really try to flatten that down-curve.....
Well there is no way its going up, as more sp players finish their playthrough it will only be a few hundred

My biggest issue with multiplayer at the moment is the exploitable server crashes. Several players know various ways of crashing the game servers intentionally and consistently (I know a few of these crash locations in captains mode). I would love to see private servers come sooner rather than later, we need some way of fostering the Multiplayer community other than the limited Matchmaking queue we have now. It is especially difficult for tournament organizers to run events with the current infrastructure, unfortunately. The overall experience of multiplayer I thoroughly enjoy, and Captains Mode is especially fun. I would love to see some new maps in the near future as well :smile:

Come on Taleworlds. You've made well over $50 million, prioritize and start kicking ass. Motivate the team and stop hiring interns.

Well there is no way its going up, as more sp players finish their playthrough it will only be a few hundred

Idk man things ain't looking good, Warband kept 10k consitent players for almost a decade. Only SP games I know of that crash as hard as Bannerlord are the Anno's, Assassins Creeds and CoD's, the yearly release games that die as soon as the next releases.

In fact, the most comparable rate of decline I've found is No Man's Sky, and I think everyone can remember what a delight that release was like.

We can only hope they do what Hello Games did and start talking to the community, or like with DayZ the core of the community will become toxic due to stagnation of development and any hope of an enjoyable MP will sour.

Idk man things ain't looking good, Warband kept 10k consitent players for almost a decade. Only SP games I know of that crash as hard as Bannerlord are the Anno's, Assassins Creeds and CoD's, the yearly release games that die as soon as the next releases.

In fact, the most comparable rate of decline I've found is No Man's Sky, and I think everyone can remember what a delight that release was like.

We can only hope they do what Hello Games did and start talking to the community, or like with DayZ the core of the community will become toxic due to stagnation of development and any hope of an enjoyable MP will sour.
Despite the odds I've tried to enjoy my best for the past months. I'll soon have that 750 badge I guess, I'm not sure what then happens.

I can understand everyone becoming slowly toxic though.

Despite the odds I've tried to enjoy my best for the past months. I'll soon have that 750 badge I guess, I'm not sure what then happens.

I can understand everyone becoming slowly toxic though.

Damn dude, still struggling for the 500 over here.

Noticed myself and others becoming more toxic, decided to uninstall for now. Not playing SP until full release anyway.

MP progress could be almost finished or barely started, we have no idea, and due to the lack of weekly communication I'm going to have to assume the latter rather than former.

Honestly, it sounds harsh. But I'd recommend uninstalling as well if you're finding yourself in a similar situation to myself, the biggest analytic TW might be watching is player hours/numbers. Reduction of these may be our only voice left to speak with since our wallets and forums have already spoken to little avail.

And there are plenty of other games whilst we wait.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom