Right to Rule - The Scarce Points

Users who are viewing this thread

Shadowesh

Recruit
I am currently a vassal for the Kingdom of Nords. I have been trying Right to Rule points for A LONG time now. I have three companions and I have sent all of them out to a total of 9 RtR, plus another three from marrying and I currently only have 12 RtR points and it's pissing me off really bad because I hear you need quite a lot so that other factions won't hate you. I am in good relationships with two lords (one of them being marshal and both in the same faction as me) and from what i read, if you convince them to join you, you get RtR ponts, but there seems to be no option to encourage them to join. When I ask them what the think of King Ragnar, they say the like him... And I can't sign peace contracts either because I haven't started my own faction, scared everyone will gang bang me :sad: I need ways of getting more RtR points! PLZ HELPZ MEZZZ

Shadowesh said:
I am currently a vassal for the Kingdom of Nords. I have been trying Right to Rule points for A LONG time now. I have three companions and I have sent all of them out to a total of 9 RtR, plus another three from marrying and I currently only have 12 RtR points and it's pissing me off really bad because I hear you need quite a lot so that other factions won't hate you. I am in good relationships with two lords (one of them being marshal and both in the same faction as me) and from what i read, if you convince them to join you, you get RtR ponts, but there seems to be no option to encourage them to join. When I ask them what the think of King Ragnar, they say the like him... And I can't sign peace contracts either because I haven't started my own faction, scared everyone will gang bang me :sad: I need ways of getting more RtR points! PLZ HELPZ MEZZZ
1) Get more companions and give them the mission.
2) Sit through a few wars; you get RtR when your faction makes peace.
3) Cheat.

Bobsama said:
Shadowesh said:
1) Get more companions and give them the mission.
2) Sit through a few wars; you get RtR when your faction makes peace.
3) Cheat.
Anymore companions would me non stop fighting within my party. Nords seem to love war, they are currently at war with Vaegirs, Swadia, and the Khergit, but the sad thing is... they are WINNING and they don't want to stop... so I can't really sit with them through a few wars. I'm not that much into cheating, and from what I see, I don't see a cheat where you can enhance RtR.

You can have up to eight companions without any bickering at all. There are various threads around that tell how to do this. Plus you can hire a companion, send them on a right to rule mission, and then tell them we need to separate for a while before any bickering starts. 16 companions equals 48 right to rule.

If you're a vassal, each time your kingdom makes peace, you gain RtR.
Also, your wife will give you quests to solve fights between lords...should give RtR
With 48 free from companions, and a max of 99, RtR is hardly scarce.

RTR is very easy to get if you have your own faction and make truce pacts with other factions, I got to 99 really fast after a few war/truce with the other factions.

I started my kingdom with having about 20 rtr points and somehow no one wanted a war with me for about 100 days.

Hidziro said:
I started my kingdom with having about 20 rtr points and somehow no one wanted a war with me for about 100 days.

I had joined the Sultanate first and we ended up at war with Vaegirs. I took a few castles and had them granted to me, and then took a town or two and was denied. So I renounced my oath and joined Nords, bringing along some of my properties and going on a rampage to starve the Sarranids of fiefs. Long story short, I renounced my oath again when King Ragtime didn't want to give me Dhirim, so I went on a rampage and took a few castles before taking Saragoth.

Well I don't want too many companions in my party, because when I make them vassals, thats gonna starve me of lands :sad: I might try Lord Brutus's suggestion of telling them to GTFO once they give me some points, but god knows what it might do to me later on... Either that... or kiss some Guild Master ass and help them do some lame quests xD
I don't think the nords want peace.... they've literally destroyed the Swadians... taking everything from them except Pravern and a few surrounding castles. I don't feel like taking castles for Nords either... so I just sit and wait.... my party is getting a little pissed from the lack of action...

Shadowesh said:
Well I don't want too many companions in my party, because when I make them vassals, thats gonna starve me of lands :sad: I might try Lord Brutus's suggestion of telling them to GTFO once they give me some points, but god knows what it might do to me later on... Either that... or kiss some Guild Master ass and help them do some lame quests xD
I don't think the nords want peace.... they've literally destroyed the Swadians... taking everything from them except Pravern and a few surrounding castles. I don't feel like taking castles for Nords either... so I just sit and wait.... my party is getting a little pissed from the lack of action...

Companions make rather crappy vassals without cheating for uber charisma and leadership. (Plus, I consider their skills in my party far more vaiables then them being vassals) Also, holding as many companions as you can is rather nice since you get "uber-heroes" when they reach high levels, so as long as you can keep them, there's really not advantage to not hiring them. When you have your own kingdom there'll never be a lack of land to give if you are uber aggressive. (As I think you should be to keep the pressure on all factions who oppose your might!!!!) And I don't think you need to bathe your vassals in fiefs, maybe at least a castle for the "regulars" and a fief on the outskirts (Or better yet a castle on the outskirts) so they'll participate regularly on the frontlines.

Back
Top Bottom