Right, this has gone far enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revilo

Grandmaster Knight
My computer is annoying the hell out of me at the moment by restarting (seemingly) at random. Now, there has been a techie guy come to look at it who updated the BIOS and said that would fix it. Well, it sort of has, in as much as it doesn't restart upon Bootup but now this new problem seems to have arisen.

Halp?

Tech Info.

techinfo.jpg
If you need any more, let me know what and/or how to get that info and I'll find it for you.

How would I find out what the BSOD says? I'm running CCleaner and Defraggler as we type, just in case by the way.

Yeh, same situation there Arch. Not sure how to view that either  :sad:

Got it, what am I looking for here?

Look for any error, warning or similar prior to the reboots. Even if it hasn't logged the reboot you can spot it by the number of services starting immediately after. Be particularly suspicious of anything that repeats before every reboot.

Only warning I can see is this:

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Nah, shouldn't be the network card causing it.

If it's not being logged then it sounds like something is either shorting or tripping a cut out. If you have a spare PSU lying around I'd try switching them out. Alternatively, if you have a multimeter you could check the output of the current PSU to see if there's any issues with the current.

Could be the power, but I don't have a spare PSU lying around to try it out. I'll see if I can get hold of one somehow though, as that seems the most likely cause. Yet again Arch, you (hopefully) save the day.

@ Highelf, I've recently cleaned it out and it helped, but hasn't fixed it apparently. I've made a point of doing monthly cleans though.

Edit: Locked pending further trouble shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom