Rigging Tool: fragMOTION

Users who are viewing this thread

Fujiwara

Sergeant at Arms
http://www.fragmosoft.com

This tool focuses on rigging and animation. Very easy to use. The download is free, but it's annoyware. Fee is $20 US.

My first attempt to rig with this:
hugeuu4.png

Still a lot better than I ever got with gmax, even though it is 20x larger than it should be lol.

Annoyware ?
That means the program pops windows up to tell you "This is a free version, check akaakaakatapeng.org for full" ?

Anyway, I'll try it !

André de Cuyne said:
Annoyware ?
That means the program pops windows up to tell you "This is a free version, check akaakaakatapeng.org for full" ?

Anyway, I'll try it !

Yep, happens about every 5 seconds.  A little face pops up asking if you have registered yet.  It doesnt hinder anything though.  There is a dialog box that come up after so many actions though.

gkh, keep an eye on how things get exported out of Wings (if that's what you're using). Because fragMOTION won't import OBJs (though the website says it does  :evil:), I had to switch to exporting 3ds files, and goofed up the export scaling first time around.

Ya I import .3ds now too because it doesnt import .obj.  I use the scale in brfedit.  I import the .smd in brfedit and click on custom.  I have found that 0.09 is the scale that is exactly the same size as the native armors.  I still havent been able to successfully rig something yet but I am a lot farther than I ever got with gmax.

I'm probably going to do a tutorial for this soon, since it's a lot easier than gmax or Milkshape for the novice.

I tried it, it seemed to work, but when I try to get it in game, it says "attempt to reregister mesh ...", and crashes. A tutorial would be nice.

Jallon said:
That means you have 2 meshes with the same name.

I know I didn't, though, that's the thing. Unless sticking an _a on the end of a title is the same thing.

I'm pretty sure there is a mail_long_surcoat_a already, though I may be thnking of a different armor. I suggest just renaming your mesh.

Well, I made a new model, and it works, but it's a little amusing, because I forgot to give it elbows:

benderic6.png

My arm shank.

By the way, it's Bender, and I also rigged it backwards.

Back
Top Bottom