Rigging Armour - Solved

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonwolf

Knight
So I was rigging an armour and decided to use the obj2smd exporter made by Manitas. However, I got this error.

Demonwolf said:
Hey. Tried this out for an armor of mine.

Code:
 Processing in.smd .....
 Processing in.obj .....
Error: Some vertices don't have UV coords associated.

Press any key to continue . . .

Any help?

it could be that you have not full uvmapped armor (for example a single triangle )

by the way use OpenBrf it is a lot better faster and do less errors than obj2smd

rgcotl said:
it could be that you have not full uvmapped armor (for example a single triangle )

by the way use OpenBrf it is a lot better faster and do less errors than obj2smd

I am using OpenBRF, actually. It bugged me that my armour was not rigged. obj2smd is used for smd editing in Wings, which I use. I know I can use Blender, but it was quite difficult for me, being a beginner.

i am using wings+openbrf to

simple just import your_armor.obj to your brf file then if you have in this brf any rigged armor you can copy paste rigging from that armor same as you do in obj2smd
openbrf doing it much faster
if you haven't any rigged armor in brf then get one form native brf
take the most familiar armor to yours

if you will be lucky with that you don't need to do anything else except save in openbrf your brf.

if not then you you have first rigged smd with you will need edit with blender gmax , 3ds max or any program with could do it

As far as I can tell, OpenBRF's autorigger does pretty much exactly the same thing as Manitas' tool, but it is much more user-friendly. No offense to Manitas, of course, his tool was revolutionary when it came out.

rgcotl said:
i am using wings+openbrf to

simple just import your_armor.obj to your brf file then if you have in this brf any rigged armor you can copy paste rigging from that armor same as you do in obj2smd
openbrf doing it much faster
if you haven't any rigged armor in brf then get one form native brf
take the most familiar armor to yours

if you will be lucky with that you don't need to do anything else except save in openbrf your brf.

if not then you you have first rigged smd with you will need edit with blender gmax , 3ds max or any program with could do it

I don't understand. How do I copy rigging?

I just said that I can't use Blender 'cause it gives me headaches the second I go in. It's too advanced for me. And I won't pay for 3ds max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom