[Outdated] Rigging Armors with Wings3d - Possible???

Users who are viewing this thread

Rath0s said:
What are the new changes?  :roll:

this update should hopefully fix the issue where 'normals' are reversed.  I don't understand that concept really, but I believe its the cause for the shadows on armor to be messed up.  If you look in my screenshots below you can see that I have my back to the sun and the helmet is bright, but the armor/boots that were rigged with this program are still dark.  It reverses when I face the sun.....

I tried exporting an OBJ from a rigged SMD file and re-rigging it to the human body using this updated program but it looked the same.  My guess is the OBJ file is messed up so I will ask Happy Stormtrooper, who has the original OBJ, to try and re-rig it.

also, Manitas, this is a great program, but I'd suggest updating your title since its not obvious what exactly this does so may confuse people.

Ok, HookieBT so that is fixed now, My rigged armors got like that to glowing sun on my back but still shadow on my back.

Great work Manitas!  :mrgreen:

updated program works great!  thanks!

mbstormrerig.jpg

Uh i may have done something wrong but when i open it is says

error opening file in.smd
press any key to continue......

What do i do to fix this?

O right, never mind i worked it out, the only problem is when i export my armour a smd brf crashes.

Why does it takes so long time until it finished

it stands Assembling outpot Smd.............. in 2h 30m now......

Found it out  The file is 3347 KB so its big

OK, since the corrected version seems to work allright, I updated the link on the first page.

Hi there,

i've a Problem using this tool. Well, its my 1st attempt on a full Armor so i might have just messed something else up but here goes:

I Modified the plate_armor with wings, saved as new_plate.obj as usual then ran this nice tool like this: obj2smd.exe plate_armor.smd new_plate.obj out.smd. So far so good. Assembling took quite some time but went through with out any errors. Then i import the new .smd into my items.brt (leaving Y/Z... uncheckt, Scale 10x) but then this happens. The armor should be straight up facing me but instead its on the floor facing upwards, head towards me.

What am i doing wrong?

Im tryed it without even changing the item. Just exporting, importing, saving, "tooling" and reimporting.

Thanks in advance for any interest

Rath0s said:
You have to UNCHECK the y/z axis when importing.

Its not checked by default, so i leave it as it is. Unchecked ^^ Still, i don't get it right......

Rotate 270 degrees x until you get the right direction.

Rotate 180 degrees z until you get the right direction.

skitarii said:
Rotate 270 degrees x until you get the right direction.

Rotate 180 degrees z until you get the right direction.

So easy but brought me a hughe step forwardt! Thanks skitarii!

Alright, I'm trying to get this to work, and my armor is having the vertex spiking problem. I understand that i need to find a mesh more similiar to the one I'm using, but I am already using the closest one i could find. You mentioned something about combining multiple .smd's. Do you mean just laying them over each other in a program like GMax, then exporting? Or having multiple in.smds in the folder?

Hey,

i still can't get it to work.

I even tryed exporting the plate armor as .obj and as .smd then using the tool on the plate armor.obj with the plate armor.smd as template.

After importing via brf and rotating, in the game the arms are still spread out and the armor just moves wrong.... what can this be?

Thanks in advance. I realy want to get it to work finaly!

Back
Top Bottom