Rigged Mail coif

Users who are viewing this thread

here it is a wip of a rigged mail coif i'm working on, actually it move and follow the head but there are some clipping problems with it and the pic when you buy it is all messed up  :???:

How is it rigged? O_O aren't helmets usually static objects? or is it rigged to the armor?

Merlkir said:
How is it rigged? O_O aren't helmets usually static objects? or is it rigged to the armor?
nope i found a way to use the skeleton on helmets but my milkshape doesn't seem to work and it don't assign multi weight to a vertex  :mad:

Merlkir said:
Yoshi informs me that boots can now be rigged too. So I guess so.

I feel like an old-timer now. Suddenly there's normal maps on armour popping up and alpha maps can now be combined with the environment mapping shader and god knows what else.  :???:

Oh, and good work fedeita. My only critique would be to tighten the mesh up around the face area.

I'm afraid TLD might look kinda outdated now :sad:  Or we can learn how all this stuff works and incorporate some of it. Interesting though.

Sidus Preclarum said:
fedeita said:
Merlkir said:
nope i found a way to use the skeleton on helmets
Really ?
You mean (not sure I undestand correctly, since I'm an ignoramus on the subject) you'd be able to do aventails on your bascinets ?

I'm pretty sure you could.

Looks great, Fedeita.

ok i asked armagan for tips and he said that i'm on the right way and it should work, and the part of the head that clip outside is a vertex weight problem (like i said my milkeshape doesn't want to work  :roll:)

fedeita said:
ok i asked armagan for tips and he said that i'm on the right way and it should work, and the part of the head that clip outside is a vertex weight problem (like i said my milkeshape doesn't want to work  :roll:)

Armagan's giving you tips? Wow.

Hey, I've been experimenting with animated head armour myself.. but the item isn't even showing up ingame at the moment. How did you actually do this? Is this a case of itp_atatch_armature knocking out the item entirely, or have I just coded the item wrongly?

EDIT: Ah, I'm really stupid, I was building my module in the wrong place.. sorry to necro this.

I believe we can make head/helmet + armor/body + hands + feet/boots together in one mesh and rig it like a whole person. it shouldn't be hard I think.

WilliamBerne said:
I believe we can make head/helmet + armor/body + hands + feet/boots together in one mesh and rig it like a whole person. it shouldn't be hard I think.
Yeah, you can make armor mesh including all stuff, e.g. full gothic plate, name it "armor set" and rig.
However you
1) wont be able to use its parts separately unless you model them as separate stuff
2) there will be all sorts of problems with the remaining possibility of putting on other helmets, gloves and boots while wearing this set
3) I dunno if you would also need to put some invisible gloves/boots first to switch off body mesh there.

GetAssista said:
However you
1) wont be able to use its parts separately unless you model them as separate stuff
2) there will be all sorts of problems with the remaining possibility of putting on other helmets, gloves and boots while wearing this set
3) I dunno if you would also need to put some invisible gloves/boots first to switch off body mesh there.

1) this is not hard
2) + 3) the other items must be invisible, and that is quite easy, I've used those as the rider when I made ealabor the elephants.

Yeah, but these are the problems that make it hardly possible to make it player-usable armor.
And well, having some unorthodoxally rigged npcs is ok, but nothing innovative

Dain Ironfoot said:
Well I've used it to make a cloak which goes in the helmet slots.. yay.
BTW, can you rig some vertices with some weights to feet bones, so that cloak would deform and sway a bit when people move?
(cba to create new message for the ^ question only)

Back
Top Bottom