Rifle melee damage is absolutely ridicilous

Users who are viewing this thread

GerDeathstar said:
How about adding the knockdown-flag to rifles.

Trolololol

that is actually a very good idea, And what about adding them to alot of the random partizan weapons?
I can only think ill get smacked on the ground when hit by a  slegdehammer or a trea brach.

GerDeathstar said:
How about adding the knockdown-flag to rifles.

Trolololol

Don't give people ideas, Sophie! Let's not turn this unbalanced weapon into a barmace  :mrgreen:

Although I could have sworn I got knocked down by a rifle the other night  :shock: Must have been a hussar or something... Fricken TIE-fighters  :mrgreen:

EDIT: So it begun  :shock:

mad-scientist-300x295.jpg

Interesting to note, after encountering Europeans a few times Native Americans switched from a traditional style war club to a more refined design.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunstock_club

The rifle melee damage is perfectly fine IMO, people just aren't used to blocking on the left, and right sides in this. Simply because their used to up and down attacks from bayonets. Also for me it takes about 3 or 4 hits to actually kill someone with it, compared to the bayonet which is usually a one hit kill.

Cavalry Musket (best melee) does 28b damage for a swing. bayonet does 45p. The bayonet is quite clearly far, far better.

Why don't we talk about how swords only do 29c damage? Swords are easily capable of removing limbs (or at least removing enough that the limb ceases to function) so how would than not = out of action? I think you need both arms and both legs to operate a bayoneted rifle.

Or better yet bring bayonets down to something reasonable like 35p or 40p so that the system actually make sense. Being stabbed with a longsword or a lance would be just as lethal as being stabbed by a bayonet, so why do bayonets do almost 2x the damage? Witchcraft, I say!

Its really unrealistic =)

Soldier with bayonet can kill horse and almost kill horseman too by one hit. Its abnormal and introduces an imbalance in the battle.

Its very difficult to damage galloping horse by melee weapons at all. Horse is quite a large animal. Strong. Only human have so weak body that can be stopped by first and only one wound.  Just try to kill pig on farm =) - it's difficult, if u don't have special experience of that.

The horse is much larger and more heavy, but here in game a man with a bayonet kills not just horse by one hit, but sometimes the rider with it. Its, one more time, just not even a little realistic. (Sorry for my sentences constructions =) )

its possible. I pistol whipped your mother the other day because she out right REFUSED! to craft me a sandwich and she was out cold for a minute. Never underestimate a good whack to the cranium. She was a sunday school teacher but she said hello to my saturday night special. HA

aradriel said:
Its really unrealistic =)

Soldier with bayonet can kill horse and almost kill horseman too by one hit. Its abnormal and introduces an imbalance in the battle.

Its very difficult to damage galloping horse by melee weapons at all. Horse is quite a large animal. Strong. Only human have so weak body that can be stopped by first and only one wound.  Just try to kill pig on farm =) - it's difficult, if u don't have special experience of that.

The horse is much larger and more heavy, but here in game a man with a bayonet kills not just horse by one hit, but sometimes the rider with it. Its, one more time, just not even a little realistic. (Sorry for my sentences constructions =) )

Humans are surprisingly robust though. It varies from person to person but you'll often hear accounts from world war 1 and 2 of people being shot upwards of 8 times and surviving. In the American civil war, similar stories.

Nonetheless you're very right about the robustness of horses, they weigh roughly 8x the weight of an average human (at minimum) its not going far to say they could take 8x the physical abuse, or more. Most people have never ridden horses or even been around horses for that matter, but they are massive animals and can move frighteningly fast while at full gallop, it's no wonder that cavalry was the dominant military brickhouse for thousands of years as simply the sheer force of being hit by a horse would be enough to knock out or kill somebody very easily... let alone the fact that the rider adds even more weight and swings a sword/lance as you as you're getting trampled.

Cavalry is just misrepresented entirely in M&B though. Realistically they'd need about 30 maneuver, 50+ charge, and their own "Horse AI" so they'd steer away from pikes and bayonets and act wildly upon taking significant damage. Would love to see that in NW, but it's a pretty huge change so it doesn't seem likely that it'd happen :sad:

Gamer2da said:
Im not sure if I was hurt already, but I swear I was one-hitted by a rifle butt today  :evil:

It's not just you. Here I am, riding on my slightly wounded hussar horse at an Austrian rifleman in melee mode. Some other cav runs up to me, BAM, I stop dead. He come up, smacks my horse with the rifle, my horse goes down. Then he misses me on the ground, I get up, get a slash in, then make distance to let an enemy cav pass. The Rifleman runs up to me and BAM I'm dead.

Rifles can and will one-shot on occasion. 

Pelgrane said:
Gamer2da said:
Im not sure if I was hurt already, but I swear I was one-hitted by a rifle butt today  :evil:

It's not just you. Here I am, riding on my slightly wounded hussar horse at an Austrian rifleman in melee mode. Some other cav runs up to me, BAM, my horse goes down. Then he misses me on the ground, I get up, get a slash in, then make distance to let an enemy cav pass. The Rifleman runs up to me and BAM I'm dead.

Rifles can and will one-shot on occasion.

You may have taken fall damage from being de-horsed (depending on server settings this can be alot).

if im perfectly hones i think being hit over the head by a big lump of wood and metal would kill you or atleast knock you out and it would definately foul a horse and im my opinion this argument is prety stupid

SvenssonHD said:
The rifle, whose close combat effectivityness should be barely, is capable of one-hitting incoming horses, infantry, and what not. It's absolutely ridicilous as it almost does the same amount of damage as the bayonet. This is something me and my friends have been discussing for quite some time, and it's time for a change.

The bayonet is supposedly to be; bayonet > rifle in damage, and as of currently I do not see such a difference. What makes the rifle even more dangerous is it's spamming ability, which I can understand hence the rifle is lighter and shorter than the bayonet, but shouldn't be combined with it's extreme damage.

Not sure if you've noticed this too, but this is driving me absolutely crazy.

Thanks,
Sven.

You ever been hit with a wooden baseball bat- that **** hurts, you give me 4 hits on someone with a a wooden rifle and Im pretty sure I could at the very least knock them out if not nearly kill them....

If have some speed bonus, the damage skyrockets and it will 1-hit kill almost anything.

I think its related to it being a polearm, but its weird because with swords almost always you need 3-4 hits (inf/light cav sabres) or 2-3 (heavy cav).

Are you serious?

A bayonet can kill a bad rifleman in one hit, a rifle in melee (especially with side swings) can never, ever kill in one hit. Most of the time it's 3 or more hits to kill, which is pretty absurd when your ribs/head is getting crushed by a massive block of wood.

Omzdog said:
its possible. I pistol whipped your mother the other day because she out right REFUSED! to craft me a sandwich and she was out cold for a minute. Never underestimate a good whack to the cranium. She was a sunday school teacher but she said hello to my saturday night special. HA

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom