Rifle Accuracy

Users who are viewing this thread

westside

Regular
Does Power Draw affect rifle accuracy? Because right now I cant hit anything farther than 10 metres. Please answer.

Yeah accuracy doesn't level out till you hit like say dunno 200 in firearms.  Then the most accurate rifle can hit on the mark.

But for standard muskets and troops your meant to fight and fire in lines/volleys.  It gets to be a lot of fun when you have 70 guys firing into a crowd of charging enemies.  Just keep at it

So since this plays a good amount differently than most other mods, what would be some good strategies? For example, would it be a good idea to tell your troops to hold fire until the last second, fire a volley point-blank, then charge? Or send your cavalry to skirmish with the enemy? Please tell me what you guys do.

Holding fire is definately good, you may take a few casualties as the enemy approach but when you finally fire it will devastate their front rows.
I currently take command of my cavalry directly, making repeated charges into the flanks.

Play abit. And learn. What you did wrong when you lost. What did you do right when you won. And learn yourself to be a good commander. Cause that's what this mod is all about.

What I do:

When the enemy stands ground:
Send my infantry in skirmish order, then send my cavalry to charge as the enemy scatters. Then withdraw the cavalry as the infantry forms a line and fires volley after volley.

When the enemy charges:
Hold my ground with musketeers and fire volley after volley. Should my troops run out of ammo, bayonet and cavalry charge. Should the enemy scatter loosely, cavalry charge.

I think your tactic want work in 1716. Where we got the moral system. Allthough. We'll try to make them not to run as quick.

Who sais you survive long enough to got decent troops?

No. But I will try to make a trigger. That activated once you join a faction. That you get like 10 troops aday.

I hope you don't mean training fields. Cause then I'll feel sorry for you.

But I will check in the training field scripts. And look if there is a way to make the XP gain alot higher in there.

That aswell...

I mean. What real regiment actually traveled the whole army from village to village to search for recruits?
They didn't. What you do is that you have drilling centers in the cities.

And there for. I have another idea. And let's see what you guys think about it.

there is a few ways to recruit then

1st. You can recruit recruits in the villages.
2nd. "hire!" troops from cities. But who will leave after one month. Since you "hired" them from another regiment. I mean how realistic is it that you go to a town and find veteran troops on the streets.
3rd way. Drilling. It is going to be a house you can build in the towns. And the lord of the fief will get 50 troops a weak. and visitors within the faction will get 2 troops per night they stay over.

What do you guys think?

Admittedly, some experienced troops from the Peninsular were discharged and came back to fight at Waterloo. Also, I think some Colonels could request reinforcements from a battalion in their regiments that was on leave. Some factions had conscription, while the British trained whenever possible, which meant that new recruits could fire 3 rounds a min.

Well that really wasn't a answer on the question. But the thing is.
The training that you just mentioned. That is what I meant with drilling. And calling reinforcements is kinda out of the question. Since it wouldn't work. Though. I think I gonna add suplies. So that the troops eat like hell. So you need to eaither get supplies. (speaking to a caravan in your faction) or you need to raid. Or buy in towns. But the 1716 map will be really big. So it can take up to several days between each town. But there will be alot of villages. So you are capable to buy supplies and to raid supplies. To get supplies by caravans. And aswell with blackpowder. I will try to make it so that when you run out of blackpowder barrels. Your troops will get less ammo. And when you are totally out of them. The troops only have one shot each.

Could you code in foraging where, as an option, small parties from main parties leave for sometime and comeback with supplies and food, to represent stealing and pillaging on a smaller scale? It would lower relation with the owning faction where you are foraging. However, the foraging parties are extremely vulnerable.

I donno. Isn't easier to make a option in camp to activate "raid mode" wich decreases the relationship with the faction by like 1-5 per day. But it also gives you supplies. Hopefully enough to keep on going.

But I still like my idea of drilling places, and getting free supplies by caravans. mostly blackpowder though. And make so that the amount of blackpowder you got. Effects how much you can shoot on the battlefield. And also that per every enemy you killed you loose like 2 blackpowder. So it's a good way to calculate the amount of blackpowder being used.

Yeah the ideas are good. Temporary Depots made during campaigns would also be nice. Also, "Raid mode" can be rather overpowered if you don't care anything about the peasants and the enemy can't wear you down because you have supplies. Everyday without being slowed or something, as that's the point of Scorched earth: depriving the enemy of resources. If this was added into AoB, it would be represented by ambushing forage parties.

Back
Top Bottom